Options

Only 6 Dark Matter tracks in Dublin

Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 300
Oh dear. Looks like Dark Matter's presence in Euro setlists is going to be downgraded from the North American first leg. Only 6 in Dublin compared to 8/9.

Have they lost faith in the album? Got bored of playing the songs already?

Comments

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 590
    I think they did it just to get a rise out of you.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Goddammit it worked too!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    Only 6 DM and the rest of the set filled with hits. On paper this is about as boring of a setlist as I’ve seen
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    Only 6 DM and the rest of the set filled with hits. On paper this is about as boring of a setlist as I’ve seen
    Agreed.  Pretty bad set list.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,838
    Definitely didn’t lose faith and definitely not bored. That’s not it. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    It's a stinker. Ticket prices for die hard fans, setlist aimed at the noobs. Not a great sign for the rest of the euro tour.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 643
    Agree that tonight’s set list wasn’t as good as the previous ones. They must be saving all the deep cuts for Manchester 😉
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 215
    Being there I thought it was great, but upon reflection this show does not deserve 2 posters. Boring setlist I’m reality 
  • Options
    They can play any of their songs, and I'll love it nonetheless. I'm so very grateful that every one of their shows has its own unique setlist. By the way, Mike McCready was really shredding tonight! 🥑 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,556
    Why would they lose faith in the songs?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,028
    One setlist in this leg of the tour and some have hit the panic button already. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    One setlist in this leg of the tour and some have hit the panic button already. 
    It's just nice to see people worried that they're not playing enough new songs. It's a refreshing change of pace from people complaining that they're playing too many new songs.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    They played (1) Scared of Fear, (2) React, Respond, (3) Wreckage, (4) Dark Matter, (5) Upper Hand, and (6) Setting Sun from the new album tonight. 
  • Options
    Daan.PearljamDaan.Pearljam Amsterdam Posts: 14
    Marlay park is a big place, like 40k. So thats probaly a reason the set contained more hits. 
  • Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 82
    Overall, I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the setlist diversity. I'm the ultimate fanboy and rarely complain or say a negative word about the band or anything related to the band, however this tour just isn't that enjoyable to me. I did 6 of the leg 1 west coast shows and it seems at least half of the setlist each night had the same songs. Compare that to Austin, Chicago, Saint Paul and Fort Worth last year and about 45 of the 50 songs were different between the 2 nights. The diverse setlists keep me addicted and going back to alot of shows each tour, but I did sell my Berlin and Barcelona tickets due to the repeat setlists and may dump some more US shows if it doesn't change. Maybe it's just me, but I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more posts about the repeat setlist and lack of diversity as this almost seems like a different band. I want to go to more shows on this tour and disappointed how similar the shows are.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    They played (1) Scared of Fear, (2) React, Respond, (3) Wreckage, (4) Dark Matter, (5) Upper Hand, and (6) Setting Sun from the new album tonight. 
    Yes. That is what the original post said, six songs.

For whatever reason, they seemed to approach this show like a festival show more than a Dark Matter Tour show. The number of songs played from Dark Matter at the first ten non-festival shows in 2024 were 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 9, 7, 8 and 9 (with the two 7s being the second shows in Vegas and L.A.). The only 2024 show prior to today where six Dark Matter songs were played was in Napa.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    I know the original post said six songs, but I thought perhaps a few people might like to know specifically which ones. 
  • Options
    They "only" played two hours, twenty minutes due to a curfew based on nearby residential neighborhoods. The band also had two opening acts as opposed to just one. I absolutely loved it regardless! 
  • Options
    By the way, I'll always prefer general admission shows. That's just me though. 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,431
    They played a greatest hits set because the majority of people there were casual fans. The crowd was absolutely buzzing about the set list, all I could hear on the way out was people gushing about how they heard Jeremy and Black etc.

PJ gave the crowd exactly what they wanted tonight, and they still played over half of the new album. No complaints from me. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Ms0331 said:
    Overall, I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the setlist diversity. I'm the ultimate fanboy and rarely complain or say a negative word about the band or anything related to the band, however this tour just isn't that enjoyable to me. I did 6 of the leg 1 west coast shows and it seems at least half of the setlist each night had the same songs. Compare that to Austin, Chicago, Saint Paul and Fort Worth last year and about 45 of the 50 songs were different between the 2 nights. The diverse setlists keep me addicted and going back to alot of shows each tour, but I did sell my Berlin and Barcelona tickets due to the repeat setlists and may dump some more US shows if it doesn't change. Maybe it's just me, but I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more posts about the repeat setlist and lack of diversity as this almost seems like a different band. I want to go to more shows on this tour and disappointed how similar the shows are.

The setlists definitely aren't as diverse as they used to be. I suspect it's because of the giant screen behind them. That's got to be the reason they suddenly play DTE almost every night now.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,932
    The Rock said:
    They played a greatest hits set because the majority of people there were casual fans. The crowd was absolutely buzzing about the set list, all I could hear on the way out was people gushing about how they heard Jeremy and Black etc.

PJ gave the crowd exactly what they wanted tonight, and they still played over half of the new album. No complaints from me. 
    I wasn’t there but this is what I was feeling when I saw the set. The right set for the right crowd. Hope everyone had a blast. 
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,431
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Rock said:

I wasn’t there but this is what I was feeling when I saw the set. The right set for the right crowd. Hope everyone had a blast. 
    I know a lot of folks are tired of RITFW but that was one my favourite moments of the whole show. The band were cooking, the crowd was wild and it was beautiful. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,573
    Not sure I understand the unhappy vibe over the setlist.  People went to see Pearl Jam and got a really good setlist.  What’s to complain about?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 590
    on2legs said:
    Not sure I understand the unhappy vibe over the setlist.  People went to see Pearl Jam and got a really good setlist.  What’s to complain about?
    They didn't play songs that about eight people in the crowd would know, therefore, the show sucked.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,221
    matt84 said:
    Agree that tonight’s set list wasn’t as good as the previous ones. They must be saving all the deep cuts for Manchester 😉
    I think Manchester will have them, then London back to hits 
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    I think Manchester will have them, then London back to hits 
    Agreed.  London is a stadium so will likely be a hits show.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 490
    And that‘s why I chose to see two nights at one venue. Pretty high chance to get a good variety of songs because they can spread the hits across two shows. The Dublin setlist is not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    TheGManTheGMan Cork Posts: 53
    First time here in 14 years. It was anything but boring. I loved every second of it and meant the world to me.

2010: Dublin
    2024: Dublin

2017: Cork (EV)
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 643
    Also agree. London will likely be all the hits like Dublin. Manchester, being an area (although a very large arena), might offer a few more than just the hits. Also, given how good the sound in the venue is supposed to be, it should be a really good gig.