Options

Only 6 Dark Matter tracks in Dublin

13»

Comments

• Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
    The thing with the hits is that they’re great songs too / who wants to hear foxymop anyway? Like really???? 😂
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 564
    belfast1 said:
    The thing with the hits is that they’re great songs too / who wants to hear foxymop anyway? Like really???? 😂
    FoxyMop has it's moments.  Try listening to it later at night on the freeway.  That guitar is really nice  B)
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,893
    belfast1 said:
    Well, that's an outlier example since they've never played it and can't really "play" it since it's just a bunch of samples that Ed and Jack looped together with Jack playing percussion.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,414
    I have absolutely no issue with them playing hits but songs like Go, Animal, Last Exit, Not For You, Hail Hail, In My Tree, Brain of J, and In Hiding (for example) should still be played at every third or fourth show. They are just too damn good to only be performed once (or twice) on any leg.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,183
    Enjoyed the show last night but really wanted more Dark Matter (instead of the usual suspects like Daughter and Why Go). Hoping more will be played on Saturday 
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 306
    drfox said:
    Enjoyed the show last night but really wanted more Dark Matter (instead of the usual suspects like Daughter and Why Go). Hoping more will be played on Saturday 
    Sounds like 2 more were on the setlist but scrapped, presumably due to ed's voice. Can't imagine it'll improve too much in 4 days so unfortunately we'll probably see about the same at London. Too much of a stretch to sing tracks like setting sun.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,914
    drfox said:
    Same dude

I was so looking forward to the new stuff........I thought with the jams that were going on and the extended Mike solo's that gave Ed some rest throughout the set last night Upper Hand might have been a wise one to play.....and Stevie.....
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,914
    Lets hope for Dark Matter overload in London
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 542
    pdalowsky said:
    Lets hope for Dark Matter overload in London
    I like your thinking, sir.