Options

Only 6 Dark Matter tracks in Dublin

Comments

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,759
    The Rock said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Rock said:
    They played a greatest hits set because the majority of people there were casual fans. The crowd was absolutely buzzing about the set list, all I could hear on the way out was people gushing about how they heard Jeremy and Black etc.

PJ gave the crowd exactly what they wanted tonight, and they still played over half of the new album. No complaints from me. 
    I wasn’t there but this is what I was feeling when I saw the set. The right set for the right crowd. Hope everyone had a blast. 
    I know a lot of folks are tired of RITFW but that was one my favourite moments of the whole show. The band were cooking, the crowd was wild and it was beautiful. 
    Over the years, I've sort of hopped it would be dropped. Last night, RITFW was amazing. Seemed heavier than normal. Crowd loved it
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,759
    on2legs said:
    Not sure I understand the unhappy vibe over the setlist.  People went to see Pearl Jam and got a really good setlist.  What’s to complain about?
    Too right. Show was great. Everyone who I know was at it, loved it especially the first timers. My 14 year old daughter loved it too which made me even happier 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 306
    Kearn5y said:
    on2legs said:
    Not sure I understand the unhappy vibe over the setlist.  People went to see Pearl Jam and got a really good setlist.  What’s to complain about?
    Too right. Show was great. Everyone who I know was at it, loved it especially the first timers. My 14 year old daughter loved it too which made me even happier 
    Definitely a fantastic set for first-timers.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,734
    bazfromoz said:
    Being there I thought it was great, but upon reflection this show does not deserve 2 posters. Boring setlist I’m reality 
    This is hilarious to me. It’s like you’re satirizing yourself, but you’re actually not. Are you the same person that made a similar comment in the fanviews?

So essentially, you thought the show was amazing…but then you looked at the setlist afterward and determined that it was a boring setlist on paper and now it is no longer worthy of being a great show. Amazing.
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 653
    Ms0331 said:
    Overall, I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the setlist diversity. I'm the ultimate fanboy and rarely complain or say a negative word about the band or anything related to the band, however this tour just isn't that enjoyable to me. I did 6 of the leg 1 west coast shows and it seems at least half of the setlist each night had the same songs. Compare that to Austin, Chicago, Saint Paul and Fort Worth last year and about 45 of the 50 songs were different between the 2 nights. The diverse setlists keep me addicted and going back to alot of shows each tour, but I did sell my Berlin and Barcelona tickets due to the repeat setlists and may dump some more US shows if it doesn't change. Maybe it's just me, but I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more posts about the repeat setlist and lack of diversity as this almost seems like a different band. I want to go to more shows on this tour and disappointed how similar the shows are.
    More people aren't complaining about it because if they do, too many people get bent out of shape. It's not a great sign when ticket prices go up, less songs are played and the ones that are played feel like a greatest hits show, simply too many repeats.  They have way too many songs to have a lack of diversity from show to show, couldn't agree with you more! 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,914
    I hope they they bring DM in all its glory to the Uk shores. Stunning album 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,529
    edited June 23
    BF25394 said:
    One setlist in this leg of the tour and some have hit the panic button already. 
    It's just nice to see people worried that they're not playing enough new songs. It's a refreshing change of pace from people complaining that they're playing too many new songs.
    It's almost like people will complain no matter what! Impossible to please everyone 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 653
    There would be less complaining if they played more songs per night not less and the setlists were more diverse but instead shows are more expensive, they're playing less songs and the setlists aren't as diverse as once before from show to show. 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,046
    edited June 23
    Are there people seeing Pearl Jam on a tour supporting a new record for the first time?
     Exclude the Lightning Bolt 2013/2014 with the super long sets, most prior tours supporting a record would have 5-9 songs per show from their newest record, tilting to the higher side of that earlier in the tour.  
    Post edited by Ryan on
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 94
    I think it's unfair to judge a set list from seeing it posted on their socials.

You need the context of being there, the context of the venue and that it had been 14 years.  Marley Park has a festival feel to it, and while there was plenty of hardcore PJ fans there was thousands and thousands of casuals. 

Before hand that's not the set list that I would have wanted but in the context of the show it just made sense.  Everyone around me was having a blast, brilliant night.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,564
    There will always be thousands and thousands of casusls i. the crowd
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    TheGMan said:
    Only 6 DM and the rest of the set filled with hits. On paper this is about as boring of a setlist as I’ve seen
    First time here in 14 years. It was anything but boring. I loved every second of it and meant the world to me.
    I’m glad you loved it!  I’m sure it was a blast being there. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,183
    The Rock said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Rock said:
    They played a greatest hits set because the majority of people there were casual fans. The crowd was absolutely buzzing about the set list, all I could hear on the way out was people gushing about how they heard Jeremy and Black etc.

PJ gave the crowd exactly what they wanted tonight, and they still played over half of the new album. No complaints from me. 
    I wasn’t there but this is what I was feeling when I saw the set. The right set for the right crowd. Hope everyone had a blast. 
    I know a lot of folks are tired of RITFW but that was one my favourite moments of the whole show. The band were cooking, the crowd was wild and it was beautiful. 
    Everyone is different. They could play RITFW at every concert I went to and I would love it. Glad you enjoyed it!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,432
    The Rock said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Rock said:

Everyone is different. They could play RITFW at every concert I went to and I would love it. Glad you enjoyed it!
    I like hearing it every time too!
    I had a fantastic night, thanks. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,649
    Sarava said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Overall, I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the setlist diversity. I'm the ultimate fanboy and rarely complain or say a negative word about the band or anything related to the band, however this tour just isn't that enjoyable to me. I did 6 of the leg 1 west coast shows and it seems at least half of the setlist each night had the same songs. Compare that to Austin, Chicago, Saint Paul and Fort Worth last year and about 45 of the 50 songs were different between the 2 nights. The diverse setlists keep me addicted and going back to alot of shows each tour, but I did sell my Berlin and Barcelona tickets due to the repeat setlists and may dump some more US shows if it doesn't change. Maybe it's just me, but I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more posts about the repeat setlist and lack of diversity as this almost seems like a different band. I want to go to more shows on this tour and disappointed how similar the shows are.

The setlists definitely aren't as diverse as they used to be. I suspect it's because of the giant screen behind them. That's got to be the reason they suddenly play DTE almost every night now.
    DTE was always a top 5 most played song.  Nothing new.
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 306
    Sarava said:
    Ms0331 said:

The setlists definitely aren't as diverse as they used to be. I suspect it's because of the giant screen behind them. That's got to be the reason they suddenly play DTE almost every night now.
    I suspect DTE is getting more consistent play because of the accompanying visuals they have on this tour, which they've never had before. Agree that it's always been a popular one tho. 
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 215

• Options
    Sarava said:
    Ms0331 said:

I suspect DTE is getting more consistent play because of the accompanying visuals they have on this tour, which they've never had before. Agree that it's always been a popular one tho. 
    When did it not get extremly consistent play?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,051
    Sarava said:
    Ms0331 said:

When did it not get extremly consistent play?
    They barely played it 94-96.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 476
    bazfromoz said:

That Werchter poster is my favourite ever!
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 298
    Free World N2 Seattle was one of the best performances I’ve seen.  The band brought out Deep Sea Diver and the crowd was going nuts.  I know it’s tired, I know it’s a cover…but when the joint is jumpin, it’s a great song to close out a show with.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,893
    Hankj25 said:
    Free World N2 Seattle was one of the best performances I’ve seen.  The band brought out Deep Sea Diver and the crowd was going nuts.  I know it’s tired, I know it’s a cover…but when the joint is jumpin, it’s a great song to close out a show with.  
    Agreed, and so was the performance in L.A. with Deep Sea Diver, Chad Smith and Andrew Watt.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,527
    The written setlist had Running crossed out, so it would have been 7 DM tracks. Reading the fanviews thread, it appears Ed didn't have the stamina for it.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,893
    He was feeling done in. It's rather stunning.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,914
    A few days rest hopefully does the trick. From what I read they only travelled over a few days so it could just be a case of adjusting and jet lag

I wanna hear the entire record, its  a glorious album
  • Options
    bazfromoz said:

That Werchter poster is my favourite ever!
    It's really great. It's lacking something in the premise of it for me (as in: I don't get it) - but love the look.
  • Options
    TahoeJeffTahoeJeff Seattle Posts: 28
    Hankj25 said:
    That whole night was awesome.
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 215
    Lifted said:
    bazfromoz said:
    Being there I thought it was great, but upon reflection this show does not deserve 2 posters. Boring setlist I’m reality 
    This is hilarious to me. It’s like you’re satirizing yourself, but you’re actually not. Are you the same person that made a similar comment in the fanviews?

So essentially, you thought the show was amazing…but then you looked at the setlist afterward and determined that it was a boring setlist on paper and now it is no longer worthy of being a great show. Amazing.
    I had a very good time in the moment hearing my favourite band in front of me for the first time in 6 years. But afterwards did realise a few deep cuts would’ve made my night even better, nothing too drastic just a Present Tense or Smile or something similar. In the exact moment of posting that comment that’s exactly how I felt. Up and down. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,911
    edited June 25
    pdalowsky said:
    A few days rest hopefully does the trick. From what I read they only travelled over a few days so it could just be a case of adjusting and jet lag

I wanna hear the entire record, its  a glorious album

Indeed. Haven't heard 2 songs live yet. Hopefully they will be played in Philly & Baltimore this September. 
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 542
    Even less in Manchester (just the first four), though clearly two were scrapped from the setlist seemingly due to Ed not being well.