Options

*** Seattle, WA 1 Fanviews Here 5.28.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    Squirrel JamSquirrel Jam Posts: 118
    edited May 29
    Great show (and Deep Sea Diver was amazing!), but I was disappointed in the general experience for two reasons: 1) To me, it didn't sound like the acoustics were significantly improved from those of the original Key Arena. I don't know the appropriate technical terminology to use to explain what I mean; it just sounded loud rather than clear/crisp. 2) The visuals on the screen were cool but, since I was too far away from the stage to see anything well, I would have preferred to see the band projected up there during the entire show. To be fair, maybe my expectations were unrealistic, based on the venue, so I'm just sharing this to find out if anyone else felt this way, and/or to get some feedback (no pun attended) from those who didn't, and were in similar seats (I was in 101) I am REALLY grateful I got to go at all and, like I said, they were awesome. I'm seeing them Thursday night from the same location, so hopefully I'll enjoy it better now that I know what it will be like. 
    Post edited by Squirrel Jam on
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    It was a great N1 in Seattle. Satan's Bed was a fantastic unexpected surprise and finished off Vitalogy for me outside of the "weird" songs(although I do truly want to hear Bugs and don't consider it one of those). It was a bit of a emotional rollercoaster from the tear inducing MOTH, to SB to a cathartic rocking Rearview, but I loved the whole ride. 
    The only sour note to the evening being JB, which dropped this show to a 7/10 and should just be dropped altogether.
    Sat side stage which was a great view and truly cool to see the screen reflected on the stage around the guys. Crowd was solid, can't wait for N2.

Seattle had GA, P1 & P2 as seat options, so if you picked P2 you can't really bitch as they explained what that option meant. I got a P2 seat through the lottery and then was able to upgrade through drops. Sold my previous tickets as I moved without issues. I'm for one am super grateful that I had confirmed at cost seats from the get go.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    PJNB said:

I did not take too many pics but here are a couple I wanted to share 
    Did say anything about Bill Walton? Did they dedicate song to him at all?
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    Daner90 said:
    Is there a video out there or the Yellow Wing? Would love to experience it
    https://youtu.be/-OQtUDSUtbE?si=RRzaEtHQfmghFcW1
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

Yes they did: https://youtu.be/_mCRK8onn50?si=UXzHk6l3spHnm_L_

Nice pictures, PJNB
  • Options
    InHiding406InHiding406 Posts: 9
    We should be given the best seats in the house, no if and or buts about it. 
    A $35/yr membership that is open to anyone should entitle us to the best seats in the house? That’s an absolutely ludicrous statement. The shot at GA (or even P1 without the hassle of upgrading) easily justifies the cost. Sure I *wish* the lowest/closest seats were allocated to 10C and not Platinum, but the idea that 10C members deserve those seats without a doubt…lol. Maybe Eddie should also come give us all foot massages during Mike’s solos as proper thanks for standing through so many shows over the years 😂

I say this a 10C member with a mediocre number who got P2 seats for N2 through the drawing. 
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,247
    edited May 29
    How much pull does the Ten Club have with being able to demand only the best seats and sections with the venues in question?  To me it seems like the main perk of the 10C is the fact they have the lotteries and we as fans have more opourtunities to get tickets to shows (in general) as opposed to only relying on TM onsale dates

That said, if a person is so turned off by being in the 3rd section to the point of not wanting to see PJ anymore in general, I am suprised they didn't just go for GA and P1 and ommited P2
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    edited May 29
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

Yes they did: https://youtu.be/_mCRK8onn50?si=UXzHk6l3spHnm_L_

Nice pictures, PJNB
    Thanks for sharing this. Beautiful song.  Surprised it wasn't mentioned in the setlist notes here that they played it for Bill Walton.  Was a big fan of his.  Sad to hear of his passing. Glad they mentioned something.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    How much pull does the Ten Club have with being able to demand only the best seats and sections with the venues in question?  To me it seems like the main perk of the 10C is the fact they have the lotteries and we as fans have more opourtunities to get tickets to shows (in general) as opposed to only relying on TM onsale dates

That said, if a person is so turned off by being in the 3rd section to the point of not wanting to see PJ anymore in general, I am suprised they didn't just go for GA and P1 and ommited P2
    Yah, if it was a high demand place like Seattle, I would of put in for all 3 knowing I could get a nosebleed, but my plan would of been to spend time upgrading to a better ticket.  

I do miss the days when it was less hassle to get good tickets.  Put your name in, stand in line to pick up your tickets. You got what you got, but they were usually decent :)
  • Options
    n0_c0den0_c0de Posts: 59
    Great show (and Deep Sea Diver was amazing!), but I was disappointed in the general experience for two reasons: 1) To me, it didn't sound like the acoustics were significantly improved from those of the original Key Arena. I don't know the appropriate technical terminology to use to explain what I mean; it just sounded loud rather than clear/crisp. 2) The visuals on the screen were cool but, since I was too far away from the stage to see anything well, I would have preferred to see the band projected up there during the entire show. To be fair, maybe my expectations were unrealistic, based on the venue, so I'm just sharing this to find out if anyone else felt this way, and/or to get some feedback (no pun attended) from those who didn't, and were in similar seats (I was in 101) I am REALLY grateful I got to go at all and, like I said, they were awesome. I'm seeing them Thursday night from the same location, so hopefully I'll enjoy it better now that I know what it will be like. 
    I think the sound is much improved overall for sure. Sounded great to me. The only thing I noticed was that most of the Dark Matter rockers (scared of fear, react respond, dark matter, running) were REALLY LOUD and seemed a little out of balance, like the guitar and bass were drowning out the vocals a little but I assume that must've been by design. Ed has mentioned in a few sound clips "play the new record really loud!" so maybe that's how they preferred it. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,851
    It' was going to be hard for this show to be anything but a letdown for me after having spent the previous five shows at or near the front of the pit and the three shows before that on the floor right behind the pit. For Seattle, I am in seats on the side of the stage, and it was just a much less intense and immersive experience. There really was no way it couldn't have been. I did think that the sound was very good. During Deep Sea Diver's set, I was hearing the vocals with crystal clarity, and hearing keyboard accents and riffs that I did not hear on the floor at previous shows.

One show left, and my biggest question is whether they can get to 100 unique songs across the ten proper shows in this leg. They're at 94 if you count "Little Wing" as a tag, 95 if you count it as a distinct song. (And 96 if you count Napa and add "Last Kiss" into the mix.) I'm hoping for at least six tour debuts tomorrow night so that they get to 100 no matter how you slice it. Still on the table, among others:

"Animal"
    "Dissident"
    "Blood"
    "Indifference"
    "Glorified G"
    "Whipping"
    "Who You Are"
    "Habit" (ed. note: I'd rather they stop at 99)
    "Around the Bend"
    "Can't Keep"
    "Brain of J."

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    A lot of the sound would probably be related the shape of the venue wouldn't it? (as most bands tend to bring their own sound equipment on tour).    I haven't been in climate pledge yet.  Does it look very different on the inside from Key Arena?  Same shape, would result in similar sound?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    We should be given the best seats in the house, no if and or buts about it. 
    A $35/yr membership that is open to anyone should entitle us to the best seats in the house? That’s an absolutely ludicrous statement. The shot at GA (or even P1 without the hassle of upgrading) easily justifies the cost. Sure I *wish* the lowest/closest seats were allocated to 10C and not Platinum, but the idea that 10C members deserve those seats without a doubt…lol. Maybe Eddie should also come give us all foot massages during Mike’s solos as proper thanks for standing through so many shows over the years 😂

I say this a 10C member with a mediocre number who got P2 seats for N2 through the drawing. 
    he should at least buy me a beer...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    spk5512spk5512 Posts: 10
    Does anyone have video of Evenflow when Ed came to the front of the pit?
  • Options
    coreystackcoreystack Posts: 10
    Live2Fast said:
    30 year 10C member. Band played great, new songs, old songs and covers were great… and I was so disappointed by the experience I may never see another PJ show. I’m really done with 10C Priority Ticketing that got me seats 3rd level, back of the arena. I can get tickets that bad on my own without the “benefit” of being in the 10C.  Not what I call a 10C fan experience.
    Are you seriously complaining about your seats at a sold out show?  Talk about a first world problem.  Unbelievable. 
    Jones Beach 8/25/00
    Albany 4/29/03 
    MSG 7/9/03
    Chicago 5/16/06
    Denver 7/3/06
    Vegas 7/6/06
    The Vic 8/2/07
    MSG 6/24/08
    MSG 6/25/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Phoenix 5/9/2022
  • Options
    Squirrel JamSquirrel Jam Posts: 118
    n0_c0de said:
    I think the sound is much improved overall for sure. Sounded great to me. The only thing I noticed was that most of the Dark Matter rockers (scared of fear, react respond, dark matter, running) were REALLY LOUD and seemed a little out of balance, like the guitar and bass were drowning out the vocals a little but I assume that must've been by design. Ed has mentioned in a few sound clips "play the new record really loud!" so maybe that's how they preferred it. 
    Right! Thank you for pointing that out; I remember noticing that too now. 

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,733
    Live2Fast said:
    30 year 10C member. Band played great, new songs, old songs and covers were great… and I was so disappointed by the experience I may never see another PJ show. I’m really done with 10C Priority Ticketing that got me seats 3rd level, back of the arena. I can get tickets that bad on my own without the “benefit” of being in the 10C.  Not what I call a 10C fan experience.
    Are you seriously complaining about your seats at a sold out show?  Talk about a first world problem.  Unbelievable. 
    Someone else was complaining they had close lower level seats rather than the GA they had for like 6 other shows already THIS TOUR. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

In think they played man of the hour for his memory 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,311
    Live2Fast said:
    I agree with you.  However, 30 year ten club members should have some of the best P2 seats?!?  Unless there was a mistake or the membership lapsed at some point?
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 623
    mr bungle said:
    Live2Fast said:
    I agree with you.  However, 30 year ten club members should have some of the best P2 seats?!?  Unless there was a mistake or the membership lapsed at some point?
    Either the 30 year member part is not true or there was a mess up.  I’m 26 year member and my P2 seats were section 102 for both nights.  They were uppers but they were the best uppers.  Plus I was able to upgrade both nights and those sets of 102s sold within 5 min each.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    edited May 30

Edit: misread the post. Sorry.

I will say this about show seating. I had P1 seats, near 30 year membership, so good side seats in Cove 4 near pit. Most/many members of my section were on their rears most of the night, which is disappointing compared to the past being in sections filled with TC fans. Less of a communal vibe last night in my section. Other areas were bouncing tho. Hope Sec 12 brings it tomorrow!

Post edited by BloodMeridian80 on
  • Options
    Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 125
    It was a great N1 in Seattle. Satan's Bed was a fantastic unexpected surprise and finished off Vitalogy for me outside of the "weird" songs(although I do truly want to hear Bugs and don't consider it one of those). It was a bit of a emotional rollercoaster from the tear inducing MOTH, to SB to a cathartic rocking Rearview, but I loved the whole ride. 
    The only sour note to the evening being JB, which dropped this show to a 7/10 and should just be dropped altogether.
    Sat side stage which was a great view and truly cool to see the screen reflected on the stage around the guys. Crowd was solid, can't wait for N2.

Seattle had GA, P1 & P2 as seat options, so if you picked P2 you can't really bitch as they explained what that option meant. I got a P2 seat through the lottery and then was able to upgrade through drops. Sold my previous tickets as I moved without issues. I'm for one am super grateful that I had confirmed at cost seats from the get go.

Just Breathe dropped it to a 7/10 show? That seems a bit extreme.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,596
    Seems pretty light on the fanviews for a home show in this thread so far  and mostly comments about someone getting bad seats.  Hoping others will post.  How was the vibe? Band giving it a little extra or normal? 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Seems pretty light on the fanviews for a home show in this thread so far  and mostly comments about someone getting bad seats.  Hoping others will post.  How was the vibe? Band giving it a little extra or normal? 
    Definitely a party vibe from the band. Eddie poured wine from above his head all over his face, and I recall all over a dude at the rail (?). Would make a good meme if anyone caught it. As usual, Mike was on fire, but I thought his solos had something extra. 

• Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    (( I noticed viewing youTube NotAWalkYaKnow's video of Ed singing Man Of The Hour last night, that all of you in that mic's range, are singing along like angels_ it is beautiful ! " Pretty Good singin'..." ))
  • Options
    MF258354MF258354 Colorado Posts: 4
    Great show!  I thought the new songs showed well and strong deep cuts (Man of the Hour, Deep, River Cross). 
  • Options
    Live2Fast said:
    Someone else was complaining they had close lower level seats rather than the GA they had for like 6 other shows already THIS TOUR. 
    I was not complaining about the tickets or the seats, just explaining in my "fanview" why the experience was bound to suffer compared to the immersion of being at or near the front of the pit. I was happy to have the tickets I had, and I never made any attempt to improve upon them.

On the subject of the loudness of the sound, the woman next to me was really enjoying the show, but she kept putting her fingers in her ears because it was too loud for her. I offered her my earplugs, which she graciously accepted. The only problem is that it was too loud to tell her that I had used those earplugs during the opener. I do clean my ears every day...
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    mr bungle said:
    Live2Fast said:
    Either the 30 year member part is not true or there was a mess up.  I’m 26 year member and my P2 seats were section 102 for both nights.  They were uppers but they were the best uppers.  Plus I was able to upgrade both nights and those sets of 102s sold within 5 min each.
    102 is not upper. It's mid. The poster was talking about the 200s. That's the P2 block. As others have pointed out, seniority did not give you P1 over P2. If you selected all three levels of tickets and were not selected in the lottery for GA or P1, you remained in the lottery for P2. If the member joined the Ten Club in 1994, they would have then been allocated some of the best seats *in the P2 block* but not better than people with worse numbers who were chosen in the P1 lottery draw.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 825
    Looks like they forgot to add YL on the tour history setlist website page.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    n0_c0den0_c0de Posts: 59
    Some pics from section 01