03. Low Light
04. Given to Fly
05. Scared of Fear
06. React Respond
07. Wreckage
08. I Am Mine
09. Even Flow
10. Dark Matter
11. Daughter / (My City’s in Ruins, Rise Up tag -(Springsteen) about 60 secs long)
12. Upper Hand
13. Waiting for Stevie
14. Man of the Hour
15. Satan’s Bed
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break
17. Just Breathe
18. River Cross
19. Running
20. Deep
21. Do The Evolution
22. Alive
23. All Along the Watchtower (w/Deep Sea Diver)-(Dylan)
24. Yellow Ledbetter / Little Wing-(Hendrix)
25. Setting Sun

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,049
    Yellow Wing! What a surprise that was. 

This was my first show of the tour and had a blast. Out of all the new songs Upperhand and Setting Sun stand out as the best for me. 

Also thanks so much to the amazing women ahead us on centre rail that made the night so memorable. You guys rocked! 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,390
    Great crowd energy tonight!

Outstanding RVM, great renditions of Thin Air and I Am Mine. Nice to hear All Along the Watchtower. And I’ll continue to assert that Running should be played at every show — it’s a total scorcher live.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 53
    Outstanding show. RVM was 🔥🔥🔥🔥 had me jumping!!
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,635
    I need pics of Eddie hat off and pouring red wine on his face 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 999
    Assume Ed played RVM this time?
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 415
    show after napa and they open with release....... (shakes fist at the sky) 
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265

1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    Nice pics! 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332
    PJNB said:

This was my first show of the tour and had a blast. Out of all the new songs Upperhand and Setting Sun stand out as the best for me. 

Also thanks so much to the amazing women ahead us on centre rail that made the night so memorable. You guys rocked! 
    Wow! Looks like another amazing show! Upper hand and setting sun are also my favorites out of the DM songs live. Was little wing the full version or just the tag?
  • Options
    PredakingPredaking Posts: 269
    Man of the Hour? Wow. And Satan's Bed!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,381
    show after napa and they open with release....... (shakes fist at the sky) 
    LOL. They did it just to F with you Brad.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,390
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

Wow! Looks like another amazing show! Upper hand and setting sun are also my favorites out of the DM songs live. Was little wing the full version or just the tag?

Full version
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159
    Great crowd energy tonight!

Outstanding RVM, great renditions of Thin Air and I Am Mine. Nice to hear All Along the Watchtower. And I’ll continue to assert that Running should be played at every show — it’s a total scorcher live.
    I'm jealous of Thin Air...and any show with RVM
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,053
    OMG what a night!!!  Besides dancing our asses off with a couple of Vedders in the pit, the show was absolutely electric.  A few amazing tour debuts, a moving and spiritual Release, a bananas RVM, a slightly out of tune but totally fun Satan’s Bed, a stunning Man of the Hour, a raucous Watchtower, I AM MINE, FULL Little Wing. So many highlights. Thin Air into Low Light is a pretty gorgeous combo - man or man.  Ed always sings the shit out of Low Light and we’ve all seen it a bunch, but it always hits me.  THANK YOU PJ and see you same time / same place on Thursday!  @apkirkland / Brad - let's get you into the pit!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA)
  • Options
    Daner90Daner90 Posts: 75
    Is there a video out there or the Yellow Wing? Would love to experience it
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 217
    OMG what a night!!!  Besides dancing our asses off with a couple of Vedders in the pit, the show was absolutely electric.  A few amazing tour debuts, a moving and spiritual Release, a bananas RVM, a slightly out of tune but totally fun Satan’s Bed, a stunning Man of the Hour, a raucous Watchtower, I AM MINE, FULL Little Wing. So many highlights. Thin Air into Low Light is a pretty gorgeous combo - man or man.  Ed always sings the shit out of Low Light and we’ve all seen it a bunch, but it always hits me.  THANK YOU PJ and see you same time / same place on Thursday!  @apkirkland / Brad - let's get you into the pit!
    You said it all and summed up the highlights perfectly, @danlee1095! The new songs continue to sound great live and Daughter, sung to the little girl, was so moving as well. First Satan's Bed for me and I didn't hear a damn thing wrong with it 😂

Such a GREAT night. Awesome crowd, band seemed stoked. Jeff was as animated as I've ever seen him.

Now, about that pit on Thur...LFG!!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,049

I did not take too many pics but here are a couple I wanted to share 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,668
    I see Jeff has a new sweatband
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 125
    PJNB said:

Great pics. What a spot u had!!
    im a san diego guy. Met bill many times. He loved rock and roll. He would be at many local shows and of course travel to see grateful dead/bobby shows. He loved playing drums and would sit in with local GD cover band (electric waste band) quite often. 
    Was cool in ‘22 when he was called out at the PJ show. 
    Saw him last at the Neil Young show a few weeks ago. Was sad seein him look so frail. But he was there!! Daaamm. RIP Bill. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    PJNB said:

Awesome!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Live2FastLive2Fast Posts: 6
    30 year 10C member. Band played great, new songs, old songs and covers were great… and I was so disappointed by the experience I may never see another PJ show. I’m really done with 10C Priority Ticketing that got me seats 3rd level, back of the arena. I can get tickets that bad on my own without the “benefit” of being in the 10C.  Not what I call a 10C fan experience.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159
    Live2Fast said:
    30 year 10C member. Band played great, new songs, old songs and covers were great… and I was so disappointed by the experience I may never see another PJ show. I’m really done with 10C Priority Ticketing that got me seats 3rd level, back of the arena. I can get tickets that bad on my own without the “benefit” of being in the 10C.  Not what I call a 10C fan experience.
    There is absolutely no way that your 10c number would put you there if you are a 30 year member.

My guess is you let your membership lapse and reinstated it a few years ago.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,668
    It doesn't matter your 10c number no fan tickets should ever be that bad. Full stop. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Great show! Review/read the ticket rules. It was different this tour and was clearly stated that YOU could get 300 level if YOU chose that option. No FC member would be in that level unless you READ and wanted that option. Personal responsibility is a thing.

Finally heard Deep and Satan’s Bed. Little Wing was great. Highlight was MFM behind the head for Even Flow solo.
  • Options
    MS4677MS4677 Posts: 62
    Great show! Review/read the ticket rules. It was different this tour and was clearly stated that YOU could get 300 level if YOU chose that option. No FC member would be in that level unless you READ and wanted that option. Personal responsibility is a thing.

Finally heard Deep and Satan’s Bed. Little Wing was great. Highlight was MFM behind the head for Even Flow solo.
    Clearly you are missing the bigger point. Lastexitlondon is 100% correct
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,398
    edited May 29
    I think you're both right.   10c separating out the levels with separate draws for only some of the arena shows, was a known thing, but not a great thing (and what was it only done at some shows?).

That being said, it is disappointing getting 10c tickets in the 3rd level, especially the back of the 3rd level.  I think the poster above is right, in than for many shows, with how far back 10c tickets are getting, unless you win GA, you might have better odds with ticketmaster/fan2fan than 10c.  For the Vancouver show, between 3 10c members who got tickets to both shows each (so 6 pairs over two nights) we used our own tickets for 1 out of 6, 2 out of 6 if you count we gave one pair to friends.   We were easily able to upgrade the remaining tickets which were in the rear of the 1st floor level, or rear floor.  Only my tickets got used.  

Given that most 10c benefits have been deleted, and fan club tickets getting pushed further and further back, is it going to cause a reduction in 10c members (especially those that haven't been in the 10c since before 2000).  

I don't know.  It's a tough conversation for sure.  Platinum tickets have really put a wrench in 10c ticketing, pushing 10c seats pretty far back in some cases.  Only to see TM blow out the platinum tickets at face value later on.... sigh.\

Back on topic. These are the first big Seattle shows I haven't gone to since '98.  I think I've been to all the Arena/Stadium shows since Seattle II '98.   A little jealous reading the reviews, but it wasn't in the cards this year.  Used funds and vacation days for other things :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,428
    Were uppers a separate draw in Seattle like other cities? If so, why put in for them if you don't want to sit there? I have no problem with 10C offering them and it's nice they make it a separate lottery.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,513
    PJNB said:

Great pics. What a spot u had!!
    im a san diego guy. Met bill many times. He loved rock and roll. He would be at many local shows and of course travel to see grateful dead/bobby shows. He loved playing drums and would sit in with local GD cover band (electric waste band) quite often. 
    Was cool in ‘22 when he was called out at the PJ show. 
    Saw him last at the Neil Young show a few weeks ago. Was sad seein him look so frail. But he was there!! Daaamm. RIP Bill. 
    We will miss him here in San Diego. Nice pics. Seeing him in OB when he'd play with Mark Fisher...
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    The thing about people complaining about their seats. You find out almost right away where your seats are. It’s very easy to upgrade and dump unwanted tickets. 
    At the same time fan club members should NOT have to do all that hassle. We should be given the best seats in the house, no if and or buts about it. 
    I went 0-8 in the 10c lottery so I get the bitterness….still got fantastic seats in the long run. 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    edited May 29
    The thing about people complaining about their seats. You find out almost right away where your seats are. It’s very easy to upgrade and dump unwanted tickets. 
    At the same time fan club members should NOT have to do all that hassle. We should be given the best seats in the house, no if and or buts about it. 
    I went 0-8 in the 10c lottery so I get the bitterness….still got fantastic seats in the long run. 
    1. don't put in for those seats if they are unacceptable to you
    2. sell them

Hard to sympathize when there were options, and they knew the risk/reward going in.