Options

Bonnaroo is THE boot

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Im listening to it now and Im at evenflow now. So far, this is THE boot to have. Holy shit is this good, definately becoming my favorite boot I have.

Ed is sooo into it here. I love how he says "peace" in corduroy and throws in a funny "fuck" during 1/2 full. Matt is especially on fire. His drumming towards the end of H2I is just fills galore. I fucking LOVE it!

Hopefully Hartford will prove me otherwise.
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    Im listening to it now and Im at evenflow now. So far, this is THE boot to have. Holy shit is this good, definately becoming my favorite boot I have.

Ed is sooo into it here. I love how he says "peace" in corduroy and throws in a funny "fuck" during 1/2 full. Matt is especially on fire. His drumming towards the end of H2I is just fills galore. I fucking LOVE it!

Is this boot a CD or a download?
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    I've had this as an audience recording for more than 2 weeks. etree.org is your friend. :)
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    mozetti wrote:
    I've had this as an audience recording for more than 2 weeks. etree.org is your friend. :)

Isn't that a torrent site? How does that work?
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    I've been listening to the audience recording since a few days after Roo on my iPod. The audience recording is amazing - just like the show - so I can't wait for the CD to arrive! It was the only show I got to see of this tour so I am thrilled :D
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Please no one post links to the audience boots here or they'll probably get removed. But yes, it's out there and it's amazing! ;)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Dan1984 wrote:
    Isn't that a torrent site? How does that work?

Yep, but the big distinction is they only have legal shows. They only host it if the band allows taping & trading of their shows. Just download Azureus and start browsing etree.
  • Options
    Please no one post links to the audience boots here or they'll probably get removed. But yes, it's out there and it's amazing! ;)

Why? PJ allows taping and trading of their shows.
  • Options
    im listenin to the official boot. its the digital download
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    mozetti wrote:
    Why? PJ allows taping and trading of their shows.
    :confused:

eh, http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5560040&postcount=3798
  • Options
    mozetti wrote:
    Ah, gotcha. Good to know.
    Yeah, it sucks...

So the official download is out then?
  • Options
    Yes it is out.... I guess Im the only one who thinks this boot is absolutely incredible? I mean check out betterman, EASILY the most intense version, and the ending is hilarious.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    this and Hartford will be the first two I get once they become free to download. I already got the shows I went to.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Yes it is out.... I guess Im the only one who thinks this boot is absolutely incredible? I mean check out betterman, EASILY the most intense version, and the ending is hilarious.

NO WAY ARE YOU ALONE!

This boot is intense! It has been looping for about 5 hours here at my shop.

Porch!!!! "Can you here me??? Is this mic working???"

Soon as I heard it through once I ordered the physical CD!
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The Porch speech gave me goosebumps
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:

Absolutely.
    The guitar chiming in for the beginning of Release. Wow.
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    culot4 wrote:

There were so many times during that show that gave me goosebumps and the at the start of Betterman when that whole field was lit up with lighters was just too much for me :)
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91

Didn't know it was out. Thanks.
  • Options
    The show was fucking incredible. I'm sure the boot is no different. I didn't know the official boot was available yet. Im off to download it now.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    niiiiiiiice. i'm dling this right now. one of the best shows ever. i might listen to Who You Are first. it sounded so great that night.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    278.4 MB of music. awesome.
  • Options
    Ok......ANYONE who doubted matt AT ALL listen to this boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His drumming is INCREDIBLE in this boot, the best ive ever heard him drum in PJ!

Seriously ANY drummer here listen to it and tell me what you think. His drumming at the end of H2I in the beginning is fucking sick. The jam during daughter is pretty sick, The jam during porch is insane, RVM, WMA of course. the ending of Release is absolutely amazing. Oh and ALL of alive is absolutely ridiculous, I knew from the first fill when he hit one of his new small toms it was. He does fills in this song ive never heard him do.

Definately Matts best on this boot. and not to mention just the greatest boot ever ontop of that.

EDIT: I completely changed my mind about Alive. That is THE BEST Alive ive ever heard period.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    Ok......ANYONE who doubted matt AT ALL listen to this boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His drumming is INCREDIBLE in this boot, the best ive ever heard him drum in PJ!

Seriously ANY drummer here listen to it and tell me what you think. His drumming at the end of H2I in the beginning is fucking sick. The jam during daughter is pretty sick, The jam during porch is insane, RVM, WMA of course. the ending of Release is absolutely amazing. Oh and ALL of alive is absolutely ridiculous, I knew from the first fill when he hit one of his new small toms it was. He does fills in this song ive never heard him do.

Definately Matts best on this boot. and not to mention just the greatest boot ever ontop of that.

EDIT: I completely changed my mind about Alive. That is THE BEST Alive ive ever heard period.

Ok, i'm gonna have to go order this now......i've already bought 6 others and that was gonna be it :o:)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    has anyone heard about the bonnaroo CD bootlegs being sent out yet?

yes i'm in the UK so obviously it will probably take much longer to get to me than it will to you americans etc but i was just wondering if it had been sent out yet? cos i've had no email?

glad to hear it sounds awesome tho :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352

Can't buy what I want because it's PEACE MAN!
    Who You Are was sick too.
    What a feelin
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options

I concur. Matt was incredibly tight at the show. From a drummer viewpoint he is one of the most professional performers out there in music right now. He is so very consistent with his performances, hardly ever makes a true fuck up, provides some good backing vocal performances, and his right foot playing on that kick drum sounds like 2 sometimes. That can be challenging and very tricky. The Roo boot is indeed great. It sounds so clear and well mixed. Easily the best sounding boot thus far. The whole band was on fire, the show was the shit, setlist was sick, the musicianship was very tight, and the boot sounds great.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    Man...all this talk has me losing my patience for the CD to arrive!!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I concur. Matt was incredibly tight at the show. From a drummer viewpoint he is one of the most professional performers out there in music right now. He is so very consistent with his performances, hardly ever makes a true fuck up, provides some good backing vocal performances, and his right foot playing on that kick drum sounds like 2 sometimes. That can be challenging and very tricky. The Roo boot is indeed great. It sounds so clear and well mixed. Easily the best sounding boot thus far. The whole band was on fire, the show was the shit, setlist was sick, the musicianship was very tight, and the boot sounds great.

Yup, people say how dave a has a quick right foot, what abut matt? He does that stuff too. Im telling everyone, matt is a beast here. even during the 2nd encore break he is messing with his drum set doing some cool shit. Ive never heard him do that on a boot. Also, the ending of all along the watchtower is about a minute long in itself and is filled with sick drum fills.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    One of the greatest nights ever and one of the best boots ever. I couldn't stand waiting on the cd any longer so I broke down and dl'd it this morning. Awesome. I've gotten goosebumps several times already...it's amazing how listening to a boot of a concert you were at can make you visualize what was going on at times. I did hear a the chant of Mike Mike Mike at the end of Even Flow that was started by a small group of us
    in the left pit. GET THIS BOOT!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    TombourineTombourine Posts: 139
    I think this may be my new favourite boot (replacing San Diego 06), and I'm only 10 songs in. The band are really into (particularly Ed and Matt). 1/2 is the best version I've ever heard. To be honest, I tend to skip Corduroy on the boots just because I've heard it so, so often but the performance here is blistering. Very pleased with my purchase :D
    Hey hey it's okay...