Options

Bonnaroo is THE boot

13»

Comments

• Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    between the first encore and WMA there seems to be a bit missing, I have itunes and set the boot up as a seemless album but there seems to be something missing there...

can you remind me what it was, or am I just making it up!

thanks!
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020

To me, much better recording than past tours. Very crisp

These things have been EQ'ed and butchered six ways to Sunday. If you rip one of the '08 boots to a *.wav file, you'll see it. Everything is pretty much maxed out. The '00 and '03 were MUCH better.

All I know is that Barrett Jones is going to need to join the witness protection program when this is all over, 'cause PJ fans are gonna hunt him down :)
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    Yes it is out.... I guess Im the only one who thinks this boot is absolutely incredible? I mean check out betterman, EASILY the most intense version, and the ending is hilarious.

I have the official boot...and I agree it is amazing. Stone's riffs are amazing as is Matt's drumming. Also, Jeff is prominent…Mike’s solos are good and Ed is on the money, as always. It really is a super boot!

So far, I think the version of RVM if awesome!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    has anyone gotten their bonnaroo boot in the mail yet? i've been holding out on the digital download but its getting so tempting hearing all these great reviews!
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    SammyK14 wrote:
    has anyone gotten their bonnaroo boot in the mail yet? i've been holding out on the digital download but its getting so tempting hearing all these great reviews!

Nope still waiting on mine and no email saying it was shipped either :( I ordered mine on July 2.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    SammyK14 wrote:

got my CDs on Saturday, so just be patient
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    seren327 wrote:
    Nope still waiting on mine and no email saying it was shipped either :( I ordered mine on July 2.

yeah i didn't get the confirmation email either...but someone on the porch just said they got their CDs on saturday so it should be here soon! :)
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    I am being patient and I have the audience recording to keep me going until then :)
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Im listening to it now and Im at evenflow now. So far, this is THE boot to have. Holy shit is this good, definately becoming my favorite boot I have.

Ed is sooo into it here. I love how he says "peace" in corduroy and throws in a funny "fuck" during 1/2 full. Matt is especially on fire. His drumming towards the end of H2I is just fills galore. I fucking LOVE it!

Hopefully Hartford will prove me otherwise.
    a little too much bass, but really cool nonetheless.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    SammyK14 wrote:

Hey,
    I got mine in the mail today (East Coast, USA). I can't wait to hear it later.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    zazzi82 wrote:
    Yea Bonnaroo with all the hippies is Bush's number 1 fan base! Also the Tennessee governer is Democrat

Agreed...I was there in '06, and Bonnaroo is *definitely* not a conservative hangout. :)
    West Palm Beach '98, '00, '03
    Tampa '00, '03, '08
  • Options
    soulreaver wrote:
    Agreed...I was there in '06, and Bonnaroo is *definitely* not a conservative hangout. :)

Haha indeed. Plus it is hard to find people at Roo that are actually from TN, most of the people I have met there are from everywhere else.
  • Options
    seren327 wrote:
    Haha indeed. Plus it is hard to find people at Roo that are actually from TN, most of the people I have met there are from everywhere else.

Same here, I had the only TN license plate around my area and just about everybody I talked to was from somewhere else.
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    These things have been EQ'ed and butchered six ways to Sunday. If you rip one of the '08 boots to a *.wav file, you'll see it. Everything is pretty much maxed out. The '00 and '03 were MUCH better.

I agree. Are people talking about the mixing or mastering? Because the mastering is really bad. The mixing not so much, al least for most of the shows. I also hate it that they folded in the guitars.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JWBusher wrote:
    I agree. Are people talking about the mixing or mastering? Because the mastering is really bad. The mixing not so much, al least for most of the shows. I also hate it that they folded in the guitars.

What does "folded in the guitars" mean?
  • Options
    What does "folded in the guitars" mean?

They moved them towards the center instead of spread apart like on previous boots.