Options

*** Sacramento, CA, Fanviews Here 5.13.24 ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,808
    Pap said:
    Eddie Vedder is feet away, or inches in some cases, and it seems the majority of fans' gut reaction is to hold up a phone.

Wouldn't you want to experience that through your eyeballs rather than a phone screen?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246
    Curious about "I'm Open" (the only NC song I've never heard the band play live, just an EV solo version with only the, I guess, "chorus"), was it the full version, i.e. all the spoken-word part from the album?

Someone said it was an "odd version" or something, curious what that means.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,514
    edited May 17
    Curious about "I'm Open" (the only NC song I've never heard the band play live, just an EV solo version with only the, I guess, "chorus"), was it the full version, i.e. all the spoken-word part from the album?

No spoken-word parts. Just like his solo version.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246

Ah, thanks. I guess now I'm glad they didn't "play" it in Vegas, because I'd have a hard time considering having actually heard them play it live without that, because it's so key to the song. Though I guess if it's full-band it's a bit more legit than Ed solo (but not really, it's not like there's a ripping Mike solo or anything ; )

That must have been a bit weird then, especially in the two-hole, especially after "Pendulum" (which I love, was glad to hear them open with it when I saw them in L.A. on that tour)...and, beating a dead horse, especially on a Monday night, seems like you kind of have to open with perhaps a bit more-familiar songs to get the crowd going.

That said, "Sometimes" and "HTI" aren't too familiar, and the crowd loved them last night! But it was Thursday, and it was Vegas, so more of a party vibe than Sac on a Monday. I actually didn't dig "Black" in the three-hole, obviously everyone knew and loved it, it's epic but it's a nice chill vibe that's great deep in a show or even encore...but I digress, just saying, it might have livened up the Sacto Monday crowd.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394

Ah, thanks. I guess now I'm glad they didn't "play" it in Vegas, because I'd have a hard time considering having actually heard them play it live without that, because it's so key to the song. Though I guess if it's full-band it's a bit more legit than Ed solo (but not really, it's not like there's a ripping Mike solo or anything ; )

That must have been a bit weird then, especially in the two-hole, especially after "Pendulum" (which I love, was glad to hear them open with it when I saw them in L.A. on that tour)...and, beating a dead horse, especially on a Monday night, seems like you kind of have to open with perhaps a bit more-familiar songs to get the crowd going.

That said, "Sometimes" and "HTI" aren't too familiar, and the crowd loved them last night! But it was Thursday, and it was Vegas, so more of a party vibe than Sac on a Monday. I actually didn't dig "Black" in the three-hole, obviously everyone knew and loved it, it's epic but it's a nice chill vibe that's great deep in a show or even encore...but I digress, just saying, it might have livened up the Sacto Monday crowd.
    I thought I'm Open was a weird choice. It was short and sort of sounded like an intro to Elderly Woman-no break between the 2. I really wanted to hear Sometimes. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,638
    It’s just a filler song, imo. I feel kinda the same about lukin at this point. They just make the setlist look longer. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,417
    I'm with you lukin is pointless filler
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,779
    I'm with you lukin is pointless filler
    Thirded re: "Lukin."

"I'm Open" is not all that interesting even if it were being performed in its entirety. It's even less interesting when it's just Ed muttering "I'm open/Come in" several times. Sometimes, it seems like people would rather check a box to say they've seen a song live than see a more compelling repeat performance of a better song. Are we collecting songs or appreciating music? I mean, the only song from a studio album that has been performed live that I've never seen them perform is "Bugs." Do I want to see that so I can say I saw it? Not really. It's not good.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,417
    Very true. People get caught in collecting every damn thing pj even songs. Id rather hear what are my favourites than what I haven't heard that could be duds.  People need to relax and appreciate what they have
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 53
    Pap said:
    Eddie Vedder is feet away, or inches in some cases, and it seems the majority of fans' gut reaction is to hold up a phone.

Wouldn't you want to experience that through your eyeballs rather than a phone screen?
    I agree. I wonder if that was disappointing for Ed.
  • Options
    DD10798DD10798 San Francisco Posts: 46
    A little late but here are some comments on the show...

I cannot believe I didn't buy a ticket for the initial on sale or even the later 10C release.  I live in SF and Sacramento seems like a world away (it's not).  I ended up buying a Section 107 ticket the day before the show and I'm glad I did! 

Pendulum was nice, Faithful started off a little weird but was rocking once it got going, Garden was an unexpected surprise I have not heard since 2006 and Dance of the Clairvoyants was cool to see live (we missed it in Oakland 2022).  

The new songs come off great and Waiting for Stevie was a real highlight. Same for Wreckage and React, Respond.

But the one that got me was Light Years.  The last time I was in Sacramento was for a friend's memorial service and Light Years hit pretty hard. After that, I didn't care what else they played, just being there was enough.

If you have the chance, go see Pearl Jam. It's never a disappointment and you never know what they are going to play!
    1995: San Francisco, San Jose
    1997: Oakland
    1998: Inglewood
    2000: Las Vegas, San Bernardino, Sacramento, Mt. View
    2003: Mt. View, Mt View (Bridge School night 1)
    2006: Santa Barbara, San Francisco II
    2009: San Francisco
    2010: Mt. View (Bridge School night 1)
    2013: Oakland
    2020: Oakland I, Oakland II
    2024: Sacramento
  • Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 53
    DD10798 said:
    A little late but here are some comments on the show...

I cannot believe I didn't buy a ticket for the initial on sale or even the later 10C release.  I live in SF and Sacramento seems like a world away (it's not).  I ended up buying a Section 107 ticket the day before the show and I'm glad I did! 

Pendulum was nice, Faithful started off a little weird but was rocking once it got going, Garden was an unexpected surprise I have not heard since 2006 and Dance of the Clairvoyants was cool to see live (we missed it in Oakland 2022).  

The new songs come off great and Waiting for Stevie was a real highlight. Same for Wreckage and React, Respond.

But the one that got me was Light Years.  The last time I was in Sacramento was for a friend's memorial service and Light Years hit pretty hard. After that, I didn't care what else they played, just being there was enough.

If you have the chance, go see Pearl Jam. It's never a disappointment and you never know what they are going to play!
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 862
    The more I think about it, the more lucky I feel that we got Light Years. That was very special.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,514
    DD10798 said:
    Dance of the Clairvoyants was cool to see live (we missed it in Oakland 2022).
    It was just great to have Matt Cameron behind the kit again! Him being stuck in Arizona led to some interesting moments at those Oakland shows but I never want to wish that on the band ever again.
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 508
    DD10798 said:
    It was just great to have Matt Cameron behind the kit again! Him being stuck in Arizona led to some interesting moments at those Oakland shows but I never want to wish that on the band ever again.
    I hope they are healthy like they look like they are- they are mighty road warriors, and men of valor for what they accomplish during tours with their crew and families- in facilitating these massive sing-a-longs and entertainment. For us! 💝
     And the matter of Faithful, they kept going, and it adjusted, was fine- It's a good thing. Good example, also, imo.

• Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 862
    edited May 19
    (wrong thread comment)
    Post edited by aurynsdad on
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,638
    DD10798 said:
    It happened again last year in Fort Worth. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.