Options

*** Sacramento, CA, Fanviews Here 5.13.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    AC300802AC300802 LA Area, California Posts: 60
    davidos said:
    aurynsdad said:
    There is now a YT video of the performance of Faithfull: https://youtu.be/ozlbjstKHpw?si=zZckujABbrnk4HYq

I'm pretty convinced it was a problem with Mike's guitar either being tuned wrong or something similar.

Their guitars were tuned down a half step so it sounded off compared to what we are used to hearing. Mike may have missed a few of the chords initially making it sound even more off. 
    I was right next to the “play Cropduster” girl … Mike was definitely playing the intro in the wrong position. Ed says something to Jeff at the start, then signals to Jeff who walks to Mike to show him where to play it.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,333
    I love how ed walks up to mike and sings" it goes like this"
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    AC300802AC300802 LA Area, California Posts: 60
    Haha yep… he knew exactly what he was doing 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    I noticed that but did not get it until I read your post. Very funny. Mike should get his revenge by looking right at Ed while loudly singing the correct lyrics into his mic the next time Ed flubs the words to a song.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512
    Something went terribly wrong with the Faithfull from the Oakland 2013 show, too. Eddie called a changeup to play it for the fan who was robbed while waiting in line for the show, but Mike (or his guitar) was unprepared to play it.

I honestly knew something was wrong when they started it the other night, but I kinda dug it anyway. Maybe we should dub it "New Faithfull"
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 861
    I was thinking “Failthfull”
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,677
    aurynsdad said:
    I was thinking “Failthfull”
    🤣🤣🤣
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    curleybarneycurleybarney USA Posts: 192

Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Austin, TX 09-18-2023 | Austin, TX 09-19-2023 Next: Sacramento, CA 05-13-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-16-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-18-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-21-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-22-2024
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    I noticed that but did not get it until I read your post. Very funny. Mike should get his revenge by looking right at Ed while loudly singing the correct lyrics into his mic the next time Ed flubs the words to a song.

Mike could have gotten his revenge almost immediately by chastising Ed for singing modified lyrics to "Man in the Box" when he was playing the riff to "It Ain't Like That"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    Something went terribly wrong with the Faithfull from the Oakland 2013 show, too. Eddie called a changeup to play it for the fan who was robbed while waiting in line for the show, but Mike (or his guitar) was unprepared to play it.

I honestly knew something was wrong when they started it the other night, but I kinda dug it anyway. Maybe we should dub it "New Faithfull"

It sounds absolutely terrible - I hope they never make that mistake again!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 503

I love this picture! It's great! 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It was too bad that it was so early in the set, because it really colored my enjoyment on the evening. Add to that my 11 year-old getting grumpy guss about 2/3 of the way through the show (thankfully, he had a second wind and was enjoying things by the end), and it was a harder PJ show to just luxuriate in than I've been to in the past.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    aurynsdad said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It was too bad that it was so early in the set, because it really colored my enjoyment on the evening. Add to that my 11 year-old getting grumpy guss about 2/3 of the way through the show (thankfully, he had a second wind and was enjoying things by the end), and it was a harder PJ show to just luxuriate in than I've been to in the past.
         So maybe Bottlerock without the younger ones, cuz it's a long day? Or is it a family plan _ which I totally get
  • Options
    NEweather said:
    aurynsdad said:
    PJ_Soul said:

So maybe Bottlerock without the younger ones, cuz it's a long day? Or is it a family plan _ which I totally get
    Exactly! Bottle Rock is with an adult member of my Jamily, and should be fantastic!
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,588
    I don't see any mention in here of Ed talking about his uncle who was in the back corner of GA which was kind of fun.  Ed made some funny comments about him getting him into weed at 6 years old when 12 was more normal haha.  The stand out song was clearly Garden and I'm still struggling with how bummed I felt with Faithful. I was really hoping for a better first 4 song start before the Dark Matter songs. This show was probably near the bottom of one's I've seen but still had a great time as it's PJ and I was close in the pit, but it could have been so much more.  
  • Options
    edited May 16
    Garden was definitely a standout. The others I'd say were Jeremy and Black, which sounds kind of lame in some ways but they were the best-performed songs and the ones that the crowd went fully 100% in on. I also really enjoyed Pendulum and Light Years. Regarding the thing with his uncle, did he say his last name was Vedder? Would that make him an uncle on his mom's side?
    Post edited by aurynsdad on
  • Options
     I want to compliment the audience!  Yes, I was there, but it was 118 mid. So, watching youTube today, I'm astounded by the GA pit Left videos of this show! And some others too! I can hear you guys in the pit singing the words to the New songs along with Ed- wow!  It's a wonderful view from Ga pit Left to watch of this show. Thankyou! 
  • Options
    I don't see any mention in here of Ed talking about his uncle who was in the back corner of GA which was kind of fun.  Ed made some funny comments about him getting him into weed at 6 years old when 12 was more normal haha.  The stand out song was clearly Garden and I'm still struggling with how bummed I felt with Faithful. I was really hoping for a better first 4 song start before the Dark Matter songs. This show was probably near the bottom of one's I've seen but still had a great time as it's PJ and I was close in the pit, but it could have been so much more.  

Freddy actually had seats in section 106, he was wearing a Cubs Jose Cardenal jersey. Pete came up and got him during Deep Sea Diver's set and walked him down the stairs to go backstage. At some point, he came back to his seat but then I guess made his way back down again where Eddie spotted him in GA.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    NEweather said:

I love this picture! It's great! 
    Great shot! 
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    aurynsdad said:
    Garden was definitely a standout. The others I'd say were Jeremy and Black, which sounds kind of lame in some ways but they were the best-performed songs and the ones that the crowd went fully 100% in on. I also really enjoyed Pendulum and Light Years. Regarding the thing with his uncle, did he say his last name was Vedder? Would that make him an uncle on his mom's side?
    I agree about the Ten songs. I basically never need to hear pretty much anything from that record, but thought they played the sh*t out of all of them. Black and Porch were incredible. They friend I went with had never seen them and new the first 3 records the best, so was glad for him to get stuff he knew. He really wanted to see Corduroy and Black.  
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    NEweather said:
     I want to compliment the audience!  Yes, I was there, but it was 118 mid. So, watching youTube today, I'm astounded by the GA pit Left videos of this show! And some others too! I can hear you guys in the pit singing the words to the New songs along with Ed- wow!  It's a wonderful view from Ga pit Left to watch of this show. Thankyou! 
    I was on the rail and the energy was incredible, the pit definitely brought their A game from where I was standing at least. I loved hearing everyone sing the new songs super loud. 
  • Options
    NEweather said:
    I was on the rail and the energy was incredible, the pit definitely brought their A game from where I was standing at least. I loved hearing everyone sing the new songs super loud. 
    This makes me happy. From where I was in Section 117, the applause after the new songs couldn't compare with the applause after the old songs.
  • Options
    It's cool you guys & gals already know the lyrics to the Dark Matter songs and were getting into singing them at the shows!
  • Options
    They're good lyrics!
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 563

Freddy actually had seats in section 106, he was wearing a Cubs Jose Cardenal jersey. Pete came up and got him during Deep Sea Diver's set and walked him down the stairs to go backstage. At some point, he came back to his seat but then I guess made his way back down again where Eddie spotted him in GA.
    You must have been close to where I was sitting. I saw all this happen.  I was in 106 row E   
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,333
    So his name is Freddy vedder. No fucking way
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Travels WithTravels With Posts: 563
    Freddy I think lives in Auburn, CA.  He was at local store I help run in my home town.  One of the cashiers was like,"Your name is Freddy Vedder?!"  I know someone who needs to meet you.  I came down and we talked for about 10 minutes.  This was probably a year or two ago.  He mentioned he doesn't really pay attention to their newer music but he likes to visit when he can.  Super nice guy.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options

You must have been close to where I was sitting. I saw all this happen.  I was in 106 row E   

Right behind you in row F.
  • Options
    Freddy I think lives in Auburn, CA.  He was at local store I help run in my home town.  One of the cashiers was like,"Your name is Freddy Vedder?!"  I know someone who needs to meet you.  I came down and we talked for about 10 minutes.  This was probably a year or two ago.  He mentioned he doesn't really pay attention to their newer music but he likes to visit when he can.  Super nice guy.  

That makes sense. I remember he was also at the 2006 San Francisco shows where we chanted his name when Eddie mentioned him.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394

I was pretty close to him in GA along with the newlyweds he was going on about. Was a love fest for the first part of the encore. Pictures and everything.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24