Options

Pearljam Australia Tour 2024

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    edited May 11
    The airline fucking me over changes I have come to expect happened.

I switched airlines, added extra days to the trip (correcting my initial booking error that didn't account for the extra day time change) and selected a couch seating flight option. Now I don't have to land and head directly to the Auckland tour opener on the same day!

Ya baby!!! 

Dark Matter World Tour Rocks! 
    Vancouver, BC night one of the tour with the music debuts was incroyable

Can't wait to hit the floor with you beautiful Kiwis/Oz surfers and travel lust wanderers!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,499
    Guess you shouldn't have booked so quickly? Just a thought...
  • Options
    No, I prefer to prepay/book ahead. 
  • Options
    edited May 11
    Spunkie said:
    And I do too... but not the day the tour announced when it's November. I'm booking ahead but not finished yet. 
    Then you might not be blaming the airline for changes you're making.
    Booking ahead and prepaying can happen anytime. Good luck
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    The airline changed my flight so dramatically I got a full refund.
    yes I'm blaming them for changing my fligh.
    Im happy I could make changes because the first time I booked I didn't really know what I was doing with the time change. I got lucky!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    And I do too... but not the day the tour announced when it's November. I'm booking ahead but not finished yet. 
    Then you might not be blaming the airline for changes you're making.
    Booking ahead and prepaying can happen anytime. Good luck
    When the tour was rumored, I thought I would go and started planning for a couple weeks. Then I back paddled and decided not to go. That made me sad. I realized there's no better time to go down under than to align it with a possible Pearl Jam tour. I felt much happier when I changed my mind and decided to go. After mulling it over, I booked, happy to go whether or not our favorite band plays!

I kind of thought... if I don't go when I'm 50 and take the opportunity to travel with my child, when would I go there 🤔 
  • Options
    Chances one takes.. as this will be my 5th trip over and my 60th birthday in July I agree no better time.... flights rarely sell out non- peak travel so there was no hurry.
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 247
    Airline changes are always a nightmare- i used to hate them when i worked in travel. It doesnt matter how far in advance you book either- its all to do with scheduling of airports and routes and that can and does change and then change again and again. I once had customers booked on a trip- think flights changed times like 5 times before they eventually settled and confirmed. 

@spunkie yay thats great news though- no having to nudge you awake in GA on night 1 after all LOL. Bring on Auckland.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Chances one takes.. as this will be my 5th trip over and my 60th birthday in July I agree no better time.... flights rarely sell out non- peak travel so there was no hurry.
    Ahh seasoned traveller, that off-peak thing didn't consider :lightbulb: 
    Nice we get to celebrate/start our 50s and 60s there!

No excuses to leave the floor before "Setting Son", now!
    Damn straight, Bring on Auckland!!! (Might have to find that yummy chocolate with my spare time now!)
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    Spunkie said:

Damn straight, Bring on Auckland!!! (Might have to find that yummy chocolate with my spare time now!)
    https://www.countdown.co.nz/shop/searchproducts?search=whittakers

Whittakers.  Available in every supermarket.  Knock yourself out.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    Well, my flight is currently $2k higher than when I booked earlier so glad I went ahead with it.  Granted it could always go back down.  
  • Options
    Well, my flight is currently $2k higher than when I booked earlier so glad I went ahead with it.  Granted it could always go back down.  
    I booked mine with miles and it went down and they credited me the difference. NOTHING WRONG with booking ahead, duh, but booking without researching time differences is unusual. 
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 781
    anyone from Aus/NZ want to trade hats, etc?  I'm in the US...(i'll grab 3-4 extra hats on the current US tour for exchange)

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/302473/2024-world-tour-merch-exchange#latest
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,014
    LukinAtU said:
    anyone from Aus/NZ want to trade hats, etc?  I'm in the US...(i'll grab 3-4 extra hats on the current US tour for exchange)

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/302473/2024-world-tour-merch-exchange#latest
    Pm'd
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 781
    LukinAtU said:

Pm'd
    replied 
  • Options
    edited May 15
    I just bought the prettiest dress for the oceanside brunch the morning after the NZ Pearl Jam tour opener show with @Micheyb21!

Got the crocs recommended for the Lady Elliot Island great barrier reef day, too!

I love this part of trip planning!

I'll bring a couple of small Vancouver, BC tour items to share!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I just bought the prettiest dress for the oceanside brunch the morning after the NZ Pearl Jam tour opener show with @Micheyb21!

You'll probably also need some sort of cardigan/warm thingie in case it's a bit cooler in the morning.  It's spring in Auckland so the weather could be anything (check out 4 seasons in one day by Crowded House).  However, if you're from Vancouver it may seem more 'summery' to you.

I'm off to Vancouver (hoping on a few days down in Seattle too) in late September/early October, and already planning on it being Auckland Cold even though it's early autumn.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Thanks 
  • Options
    edited May 17
    BIG JETSTAR SALE!.... booked my AKL to Gold Coast for $149 USD (the plus fare) 
    Hurry!
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    anyway, I'm sure you've got people helping out but flick me a message if you want any suggestions/have any questions.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Enzed said:
    anyway, I'm sure you've got people helping out but flick me a message if you want any suggestions/have any questions.
    No, I don't have any help, it's just me. I suppose I was being optimistic because when I started looking at the weather last November it showed that a heatwave rolled in right after my trip would end. I guess I also have to consider i's not going to be a El Nino year, too. I suppose I should go back to the mall and buy those awesome jeans I saw for PJ evening attire!
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Bling! PJ Power! Bought thise jeans to be warmer!

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    edited May 17
    It has bikini bottoms to match in case I need to break out into an emergency swim!

I can't wait to wear this to PJ - NZ!
    Post edited by Spunkie on