Options

*** W. Palm Beach Fanviews Here 6/11/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    justam wrote:
    Oh noooooooo! :(

yeah justam... i believe that's one of the hardest things last night i've ever had to endure..but i survived!! just hoping now i never find out that i was one of the ones that won the ten club fan club lottery...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    jaylemijaylemi Posts: 6
    boomhauer wrote:
    While my seats were somewhat terrible relatively speaking for others here... (ok lesson learned... don't let membership lapse again!)

The advantage of being there, was that I was behind the sound/light board.
    After the show, Keelie (sp?) turned around and handed me her set list.

http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/080611-WPB/wpbsetlist1.jpg
    http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/080611-WPB/wpbsetlist2.jpg

Off to Tampa in a few hours for tonight's show...

Just curious what the numbers are before the songs on the setlist?!? Found that interesting and unknown to my knowledge...
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    jaylemi wrote:
    Just curious what the numbers are before the songs on the setlist?!? Found that interesting and unknown to my knowledge...

I can only guess but I'd say it's for the people doing the lights? I assume they have certain movements of the spotligt etc. programmed in the computer and that's the code for the songs used there?
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    boomhauerboomhauer Posts: 88
    AndiM wrote:
    I can only guess but I'd say it's for the people doing the lights? I assume they have certain movements of the spotligt etc. programmed in the computer and that's the code for the songs used there?

thats my guess, as I said I got it from the light/soundboard... I saw another list from the stage, and there weren't any #s in front of the songs on that. At first I thought they may have been #'d in the catalog, but then noticed that GTF had a higher # than oceans, so I think the lighting program theory makes the most sense.
    9/22-23/1998 8/9-10,12/2000 4/11-13/2003 10/8/2004 6/11-12,28,30/2008 8/12/2009 9/3-4/2011 10/11-12/2013

if [ "Eli was in the grasP in '08" = "true" ]; then
    Brady Fumbled in '01
    fi
  • Options
    Words can't express, which is why we have video.

Oceans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8eN-lb6iA

See everyone in Tampa tonight!
    Rom
    10c 116XXX
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    weenie wrote:
    Hey Pearl Juli - I know you were a stalwart on the Play the South Thread and I'm so glad you finally got to see the guys. Just wanted to say congrats!!

yeah, thanks! :D I'm SOOOO happy I finally got to see them. And I can say I'm completely hooked again, haha.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    I have some video clips from some songs my sister recorded (I made her my camerawoman, haha). Let's see if I can upload them to youtube or something.

And I'll write a review sometime...shortly...eventually, I don't know when but I'll do it, haha.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    Wow....

First off, the crowd was great. Everyone in the venue was rocking. To try to say that Florida crowds don't "bring it" is idiotic.

I thought Ed sounded great. His voice was strong all night, and he seemed to really be enjoying himslef.

The band seemed a bit rusty to me. They started off with a false start on Oceans (Mike didn't even have his guitar on yet when Ed tried to start it) and they took some songs off into these extended jams and seem to get lost in them. RVM was one example, and there was at least one other one.

Ed left the stage for a few minutes during Even Flow, forcing Mike to do an AWESOME extended solo. Maybe the best version of EF I have head in 8+ years.

Boom may as well have stayed home, and I think Ed forgot to even mention him at the end of the show.

I have seen quite a few PJ shows, and this one felt like a "start of the tour" show....a good show...not great...but a band that was knocking a little rust off and still kicking ass!!

I expect tonight to be even better.

For those keeing track...10C #141xxx...14th row, right in front of Ed.

Edited to add: The Star Spangled Banner that Mike played was freaking amazing. I knew he was killing it, and my thoughts were confirmed when the entire band just stood there and watched him...and applauded when he finished.
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Man, Even Flow DID rock :)
  • Options
    How do I upload videos to youtube? Mainly what I'm wondering is if I have to make the file size smaller, or just upload the videos as they are?

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    boomhauer wrote:
    While my seats were somewhat terrible relatively speaking for others here... (ok lesson learned... don't let membership lapse again!)

The advantage of being there, was that I was behind the sound/light board.
    After the show, Keelie (sp?) turned around and handed me her set list.

http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/080611-WPB/wpbsetlist1.jpg
    http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/080611-WPB/wpbsetlist2.jpg

Off to Tampa in a few hours for tonight's show...

Lucky!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Sam wrote:
    Stone's looking hot with the new do and beard, he's giving Ed some competition. I'm glad you got your show in Florida, now they need to play in Seattle!
    Someone post a pick of Stones new do! I bet he is sexier than ever!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    How do I upload videos to youtube? Mainly what I'm wondering is if I have to make the file size smaller, or just upload the videos as they are?

Nevermind. I figured it out myself. I'm uploading a clip containing end of Evenflow, Eddie speaking, and intro to Lowlight.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    the pics they had were outstanding, check out the review earlier in the post and click on the picture link, great shots!
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    Wow....

First off, the crowd was great. Everyone in the venue was rocking. To try to say that Florida crowds don't "bring it" is idiotic.

I thought Ed sounded great. His voice was strong all night, and he seemed to really be enjoying himslef.

The band seemed a bit rusty to me. They started off with a false start on Oceans (Mike didn't even have his guitar on yet when Ed tried to start it) and they took some songs off into these extended jams and seem to get lost in them. RVM was one example, and there was at least one other one.

Ed left the stage for a few minutes during Even Flow, forcing Mike to do an AWESOME extended solo. Maybe the best version of EF I have head in 8+ years.

Boom may as well have stayed home, and I think Ed forgot to even mention him at the end of the show.

I have seen quite a few PJ shows, and this one felt like a "start of the tour" show....a good show...not great...but a band that was knocking a little rust off and still kicking ass!!

I expect tonight to be even better.

For those keeing track...10C #141xxx...14th row, right in front of Ed.

Edited to add: The Star Spangled Banner that Mike played was freaking amazing. I knew he was killing it, and my thoughts were confirmed when the entire band just stood there and watched him...and applauded when he finished.

Perhaps you haven't seen that many shows as Ed takes his smoke break during Evenflow, leaving every time as Mike always does a long solo during it. Mike always kills this opportunity with sick guitaring, never being "forced" into it at all. Ed leaves the mic, hides behind Stone or walks off to the side during every EvenFlow and has done this for years (just check any DVD).
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885

Oceans

Perfect opener...
    But! Hmmm....that is a good crowd for you?...Everybody is just standing there..maybe slight movements of heads..few raised their hands..And those are the front rows..I guess it's that freakin' seats (why do you need seats on the floor)..
    I don't mean to polarize things but in Europe almost anywhere people would jump out of their sits and sing-along so loud that the camera wouldn't capture the sound so clean..
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    looks like an awesome show! someone PLEASE post a video of who you are!!!!!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    looks like an awesome show! someone PLEASE post a video of who you are!!!!!

Yes, pweeze.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    1Vedhead wrote:
    Thank you for those links! The chick writing for the blog "Crossfade" is not so bright, methinks...
    Don’t get me wrong, the self-proclaimed fan club president from California to my right – who has clearly seen more than 30 shows to date – was on his feet the whole two hours, and I must say, during the not-so-glorious tracks, the news that he had just pissed in my empty beer cup on the floor was sadly far more entertaining than a slew of sluggish tracks Vedder and co. cranked out mid-set.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079

Oceans

Oh man...that was magic!

Chills!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Someone posted "It Rains on Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmxoB55s5Ys

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
  • Options
    TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328
    First of all, who cares what crowd is better in what city? As long as you have a good time going to a show, fuck the rest of the people, whether they're a great crowd or not.

And secondly, WHO YOU ARE? I'm in shock. I would quite possibly KILL to see that song live...it's about as rare as hearing a song like "No Way", wouldn't you say?

What a flashback to '96...and quit complaining about a "short show" last night! 25 songs is a marathon for most bands, we've been spoiled with longer sets because we happen to be rather fond of the greatest band on the planet!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533