AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    Will give a review when i get back from Virginia. some vids so far

http://www.youtube.com/user/PearlJamzz
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    awesome day and an awesome show.

My Daughter and I drove from Orlando to WPB in just over two hours on the Florida turnpike. don't bother with the math, I was speeding.

We arrived safely at the venue and pciked up the tickets. did not win the lottery but had very good seats in section 1.

drove over to Connely's Sports Bar to meet the gang at the fundraiser and Wayne from New York gave me a 10 club PJ ball cap which my daughter decided she would wear.

drove over to the Crazy Buffet on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and ate an outstanding assortment of sushi, shell fish, tempura, chinese, beef filet and sweet bites. awesome food.

the show.. who cares, right?

AWESOME!!

Pearl Jam rocked out to the max.. this band has NEVER let me down.

as for my daughter, who has varied musical interests, she could not wait for Tampa. i was ready as well. and little did i know how well the Tampa show would go. :p
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    We made it home from WPB & Tampa! We are exhausted but the trips were amazing. I have been a fan club member for a while but I had never bought tix through the fan club before..why? no idea. I loved the fact that everyone around us was so great! (except for Ken & Barbie who insisted on making out in front of us the entire show, they were so annoying) I loved all the other fans that we met and hearing the stories! Kevin you did a great job with the pre-party! Sorry we were late, but it was really great.

A big thank you to the 10c. I was not sure what kind of seats I was going to get with my 205# but I was beyond thrilled. I was so nervous walking up to that window that I thought I was going to be sick!

Thank you so much to all the fans that we met, Oscar, Urs, everyone at Connoly's. My fans from the 205! I loved sharing stories with you! To my new friend driving from California for all the shows, have a great time! I know this won't be your last time. I am so jealous of you and would have loved to have went with you!!

It was a great night, and I didn't think it could be any better. What could be better than a margarita with Eddie Vedder? :D
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    My brother and I drove up from Miami and all I have to say is "WHOOOAAAA!!!" What a show!! After 5 long years of waiting, my prayers were finally answered. I sat up on the lawn and the vibe was good but not alot of singalongs. I guess the heat did get to alot of people. But as bad as S.Florida crowds are, this one was very pumped up for the show. And I was quite surprised with the setlist. It was nice to see them dust off some of my fav's like Glorified G, Who You Are, Faithfull and God's Dice. These guys are by far the best band in the WORLD!!! Here's hoping they come back after the new album or announce a west coast leg very soon!!!
    Lollapalooza 92'
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    WPB 98'
    WPB 00'
    WPB 03'
    WPB 08'
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    This was my fourth show and ranks either first or second behind Ottawa '05. Even though this was my fourth show, I was surprised at how many older songs I got to hear for the first time (Oceans, Who You Are, God's Dice, Dissident, Faithful, Glorified G, etc.). The only thing that disappointed me was how weak the encores were IMO. Given the main set, I thought that the encores would have a couple more surprises. Instead, it was mostly some of the common songs that I could have done without hearing - RVM, Alive, Betterman. On the positive side, I was glad to see that many of the staples of tours past, especially some of the songs that get drawn out live (I much prefer the shorter rocking songs) were absent like Corduroy, Black, Daughter, Jeremy.
  • Options
    I'm really curious to know how many people were at the West palm show. It was pretty full. I went to Cruzans website but couldn't find the capacity nyumber. whatever it is, it must have been close.

And why in the world would people boo when he said we need to get out and vote? He didn't say anything political, just that we need to get involved. what a bunch of numbskulls we have down here. Oh well, it is a red state after all.
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    JoWesley wrote:
    We made it home from WPB & Tampa! We are exhausted but the trips were amazing. I have been a fan club member for a while but I had never bought tix through the fan club before..why? no idea. I loved the fact that everyone around us was so great! (except for Ken & Barbie who insisted on making out in front of us the entire show, they were so annoying) I loved all the other fans that we met and hearing the stories! Kevin you did a great job with the pre-party! Sorry we were late, but it was really great.

A big thank you to the 10c. I was not sure what kind of seats I was going to get with my 205# but I was beyond thrilled. I was so nervous walking up to that window that I thought I was going to be sick!

Thank you so much to all the fans that we met, Oscar, Urs, everyone at Connoly's. My fans from the 205! I loved sharing stories with you! To my new friend driving from California for all the shows, have a great time! I know this won't be your last time. I am so jealous of you and would have loved to have went with you!!

It was a great night, and I didn't think it could be any better. What could be better than a margarita with Eddie Vedder? :D

a margarita with Eddie Vedder? How did you do that? Did you get backstage or was he at that pre-party?

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I'm really curious to know how many people were at the West palm show. It was pretty full. I went to Cruzans website but couldn't find the capacity nyumber. whatever it is, it must have been close.

And why in the world would people boo when he said we need to get out and vote? He didn't say anything political, just that we need to get involved. what a bunch of numbskulls we have down here. Oh well, it is a red state after all.

It was the fullest I've ever seen that amphitheater for a show. No clue about the numbers though, it would be very interesting to know.

when did people boo? dammit, is it possible the West Palm crowd was indeed, like a few said already, so quiet that I couldn't even hear them booing??? :/
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    It was the fullest I've ever seen that amphitheater for a show. No clue about the numbers though, it would be very interesting to know.

when did people boo? dammit, is it possible the West Palm crowd was indeed, like a few said already, so quiet that I couldn't even hear them booing??? :/
    it wasn't a lot but when he said Florida has to count this time (What person who values democracy, even our version of it, can argue with that?) some boos came out and he said something like "sorry just wanted to say that" and then they went into the next song. It was toward the end. If i didn't drink 4 of those 20 oz buds my memory of it would be a little clearer.

I want to know how the previous poster got to have margaritas with EV! i always wished i could meet the band but I can't figure out how. you probably have to be conected to get backstage or fork over a small fortune to sit front row.

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    it wasn't a lot but when he said Florida has to count this time (What person who values democracy, even our version of it, can argue with that?) some boos came out and he said something like "sorry just wanted to say that" and then they went into the next song. It was toward the end. If i didn't drink 4 of those 20 oz buds my memory of it would be a little clearer.

I want to know how the previous poster got to have margaritas with EV! i always wished i could meet the band but I can't figure out how. you probably have to be conected to get backstage or fork over a small fortune to sit front row.

I took the boo-ing as a reaction to the past presidential election and florida's role... not a reaction the Vedder's words. there wasn't much boo-ing, in any case - he did seem reluctant to talk politics, though. I would have liked a little more. I liked the fact that he pushed the "get registered to vote" opportunity.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Well, my first show outside of Europe, and consequently my first show with seats. How frikkin awesome it was. No surprise there, but the the copany I kept this time definitely added to the experience. I really loved hearing Oceans, Low Light, Sad and faithful. also I got to wave my flag a bit. Where I was sitting there was a Canadian, Irish and Venezuelan flag all ina row. We got a few funny looks, but it was all good.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    Well, my first show outside of Europe, and consequently my first show with seats. How frikkin awesome it was. No surprise there, but the the copany I kept this time definitely added to the experience. I really loved hearing Oceans, Low Light, Sad and faithful. also I got to wave my flag a bit. Where I was sitting there was a Canadian, Irish and Venezuelan flag all ina row. We got a few funny looks, but it was all good.

You were talking to us at the pre-show fundraiser...glad to hear you enjoyed the show!
  • Options
    Where I was sitting there was a Canadian, Irish and Venezuelan flag all ina row. We got a few funny looks, but it was all good.
    I saw that! Were you on the right side of the stage up close in the seated area?

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    It is so awesome that you can get bootlegs of the shows you've been to from the website. I can't wait for the WPB show to come out next week!

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Great show, but after getting back into town from Roo and Columbia, it was kind of a let down. Loved Who you Are, but the sound in the venue wasn't the best.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    was just that. A first night. At best this show was so-so.
    So many people feel this band can do no wrong.

Tampa was outstanding. Columbia Very good.
    West Palm....Flat....even keeled songs...a peak or 2 but compared to the rest of the shows so far, this one will get lost in the shuffle.

Glad to have them back...but this show was a band finding their footing. That being said, by night 2 they were not just walking but running.

mahalo
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    I'm new to this board. Hi.

This was my second Pearl Jam show, though they've been my favorite band since '91. First time I saw Alive on MTV I remember thinking Eddie must have a hurricane inside him.

My girlfriend (a Pearl Jam virgin) and I were on the lawn but arrived early to be at the front. Oceans is my favorite opener and of course I'd never seen it. All day I'd been saying if I could just hear Oceans i wouldn't ask for anything else... And I got it!!! The ending was different than I've heard on any previous bootlegs; powerful and beautiful, and I was stunned.

Save you has never been a personal favorite but it rocked and I was happy to hear it (happy to hear anything, really).

Sad was an incredible surprise. Couldn't believe my luck.

Best version of Glorified g ever. Period.

RVM was strong and memorable with Ed singing, then screaming "I will survive" during the jam. Yes! I got chills.

Who You Are is one I never thought I'd hear live. Wow!

Alive, Betterman, Faithfull, and Dissident were all strong and energetic performances with nuances that made them unique to this show.

I've been keeping up with this thread and there are people who were unimpressed with the setlist and the crowd. Yes, the list was a little shorter than usual, but this helped keep the show extremely tight. No one got exhausted and Ed sounded strong and in full voice to the end.

Can't speak for everyone, but the crowd around me was so loud I could barely hear the band at times.

Though we didn't get some of the haunting improv this time around like we did at WPB*03, I rate this show above that one. The band sounded younger, stronger and more passionate. I found the setlist unique and packed full of goodies.

Can't wait for my cd
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    I'm new to this board. Hi.

This was my second Pearl Jam show, though they've been my favorite band since '91. First time I saw Alive on MTV I remember thinking Eddie must have a hurricane inside him.

My girlfriend (a Pearl Jam virgin) and I were on the lawn but arrived early to be at the front. Oceans is my favorite opener and of course I'd never seen it. All day I'd been saying if I could just hear Oceans i wouldn't ask for anything else... And I got it!!! The ending was different than I've heard on any previous bootlegs; powerful and beautiful, and I was stunned.

Save you has never been a personal favorite but it rocked and I was happy to hear it (happy to hear anything, really).

Sad was an incredible surprise. Couldn't believe my luck.

Best version of Glorified g ever. Period.

RVM was strong and memorable with Ed singing, then screaming "I will survive" during the jam. Yes! I got chills.

Who You Are is one I never thought I'd hear live. Wow!

Alive, Betterman, Faithfull, and Dissident were all strong and energetic performances with nuances that made them unique to this show.

I've been keeping up with this thread and there are people who were unimpressed with the setlist and the crowd. Yes, the list was a little shorter than usual, but this helped keep the show extremely tight. No one got exhausted and Ed sounded strong and in full voice to the end.

Can't speak for everyone, but the crowd around me was so loud I could barely hear the band at times.

Though we didn't get some of the haunting improv this time around like we did at WPB*03, I rate this show above that one. The band sounded younger, stronger and more passionate. I found the setlist unique and packed full of goodies.

Can't wait for my cd
    bump
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    lbreneslbrenes Posts: 1
    It is really interesting to read all you comments about this show, I waited 16 years to be able to see the greatest Band in the world Live!! The show was great the set list impeccable, So many good songs, but actually since it was my first concert any song would have been great.

Don´t know if I´m right but I was at the venue entrance since early that day.. (had to be since I only got lawn) there where like 10 other people there at that time when a huge black bus passed by the entrance, don´t know if it was the band but at the end of Evenflow EV made reference to the people he saw outside... I was on the very edge of center Lawn before next to the side walk and let me tell you that I almost fell when I heard that.

About the you people complaining about the crowd I agree maybe I´m used that in Costa Rica we give it all when it comes to concerts, I could not believe the people around me they were all so calmed... anyways I sang my heart out during the whole show, 3 days of migraine after the show but well worth it.

Thanks to a couple of guys that offered me $200 for my very very old VS (window Pain T-Shirt) sorry but I will never sell that one...

Going back to the show, if you haven´t buy it.. do it.. the quality is great... as always...

Thank you Pearl Jam... and hope to see all of you and the band again!!!