*** W. Palm Beach Fanviews Here 6/11/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    ^Nice pics, the boys are lookin good.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    Hinny wrote:
    Official Photos are uploaded to flickr...

And this isn't a mullet in my language-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pearljamofficial/2571775421/sizes/o/in/set-72157605571404779/

wow, love Stone's new do :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    who you are is in my top three favorites and i finally witnessed it. highlight of the show for me and my wife......she recieved one of ed's picks.

at the end of the show.....it was great to see ed give out his love and a bottle to a gentleman in a wheelchair that was in front of us. all of the fans around us were highly energetic, active, and kind.

the poster is great and the girls shirt is super cool.

finally.....it was our first time hearing kings of leon and they are quite good.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Hinny wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pearljamofficial/2571775421/sizes/o/in/set-72157605571404779/

it's not at all who eve calls that a mullet is clueless ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Oceans and Who You Are....nice
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Who You Are - most excellent news.

Someone answer. Was it reworked???
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Who You Are - most excellent news.

Someone answer. Was it reworked???

i believe it was extended

check the 1st page of this thread
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Dogman3 wrote:
    I've never been to a show outside of Florida for any band. Why are Florida crowds so "bad"? For Springsteen and U2, they were insane and awesome. I didn't think the crowd was bad at all, Ed thanked us like 12 times.

I loved the show. Even with the flubbing of Alive's lyrics, the solo was amazing. The whole show rocked. It did feel short, but who cares. We got enough quality over quantity. Every song was great. :)

They closed the Yield tour in 98 in W. Palm and it was insane! There was a hurricane coming and it was the last show of the tour, but still, amazing.

FL is a weird sort of place to figure out sometimes. The heat and humidity make everyone insane!!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    smithnic wrote:
    They closed the Yield tour in 98 in W. Palm and it was insane! There was a hurricane coming and it was the last show of the tour, but still, amazing.

FL is a weird sort of place to figure out sometimes. The heat and humidity make everyone insane!!

the hurricane and the ping pong game ... memories
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    ajedigecko wrote:
    the poster is great and the girls shirt is super cool.

I'll say this comment is just post show bliss, because that poster is not by any means great.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/81257

Who You Are?!? That's awesome!
    Also that Tom Waits song is great! It's on the Free The WM3 album that also feature Ed with the Supersuckers doing X's "Poor Girl"
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    nsmooth78nsmooth78 Posts: 36
    just gettin warmed up..
  • Options
    SamSam Posts: 45
    Stone's looking hot with the new do and beard, he's giving Ed some competition. I'm glad you got your show in Florida, now they need to play in Seattle!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Jammin909 wrote:

T H A N K Y O U for sharing this clip!!

<3<3<3

btw...do you know if anyone got clips of

'gods'dice's, 'who you are' , 'oceans', 'low light', 'comatose', 'severed hand', 'save you', 'REARVIEWMIRROR', or any other song ?...~

..still can't believe i purchased two pj tickets and didn't get to go...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    nsmooth78 wrote:
    just gettin warmed up..

Yeah, I believe the Toronto shows from '06 were shorter than average, too. After another show or two they'll be playing close to 3 again, I bet.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

never mind - found it
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!! :D:D:D

Like I said somewhere else, I even kind of cried of happiness during Faithful when the reality of "whoa, I'm FINALLY seeing Pearl Jam live" hit me, PLUS the fact that FAITHFUL, one of my favorites, was being played...it was just so overwhelming, in a good way :)

Well, I'm off to sleep now. I'll write more tomorrow when my head is clearer.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR COMING BACK TO FLORIDA. HOPEFULLY WE'LL SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!!! :)

Hey Pearl Juli - I know you were a stalwart on the Play the South Thread and I'm so glad you finally got to see the guys. Just wanted to say congrats!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Glad you guys had an awesome time!!!
    Given to Fly sounded great at a slower speed.

Can't wait for them to come up North!
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I just got back to my hotel while on my "business trip". Other than it being hotter than a sauna (as a big/tall man, I can definitely say there was some chaffing), the show was very strong IMO. Did not sound like a tour opener, sounded very tight, particularly on the songs that aren't usually in the setlist.

When they started Who You Are on the drums, I almost thought they were playing IN My Tree the way they did a while back, but was happy to hear Who You Are. Faithful and Sad were the two highlights for me as well as the Oceans opener. Overall the crowd was pretty tame compared to a Chicago crowd (and I'm sure Boston/NYC), but their voices were still heard and the vibe was pretty positive aside from a few drunks fighting in the stands.

My ten club # is 301XXX and I got section 4 row F. I had an extra ticket due to my friend catching a viral infection and I gave it away to a fan waiting outside the venue. (It turns out he seemed to be a douchebag/con artist, but I still felt good not selling my extra ticket). Another person noticed me doing this and gave me his extra seat directly next to the soundboard.....which meant perfect sound all night and a great time.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Last nights show was amazing, my only complaint was the heat. Not sure how many GA seats were sold, but that place was packed and no way it was not a sold out show. Thank you 10 Club for some pretty damn good seats for someone with a pretty high number! You are the best fan club for the best band ever, now its on to Tampa for the second show,and this one with A/C
  • Options
    jaredgjaredg Posts: 14
    BeerBaron wrote:
    It was extended. There was an extended solo/instrumental at the end followed by additional lyrics (basically just the chorus again). It was very tight.

The setlist was great, but VERY short.

One thing that stood out for me was how tight the band played tonight. I haven't heard them play that tight in a LONG time. They absolutely nailed Who You Are, Glorified G, Dissident and Unemployable (possibly the best version I have ever heard).

But what stood out the most for me was that Given To Fly was played at normal speed. They actually slowed it down!

Just remember, every tour, certain songs like save you and gtf etc seem to be played slower in the beginning and the tempo picks up as the tour progresses. This was really obvious with the Riot Act tour. Just listen to those first few Aussie shows!

I still am in shock over Who You Are!!!
  • Options
    boomhauerboomhauer Posts: 88
    While my seats were somewhat terrible relatively speaking for others here... (ok lesson learned... don't let membership lapse again!)

The advantage of being there, was that I was behind the sound/light board.
    After the show, Keelie (sp?) turned around and handed me her set list.

http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/080611-WPB/wpbsetlist1.jpg
    http://www.boomhauer.net/pics3/PJ/080611-WPB/wpbsetlist2.jpg

Off to Tampa in a few hours for tonight's show...
    9/22-23/1998 8/9-10,12/2000 4/11-13/2003 10/8/2004 6/11-12,28,30/2008 8/12/2009 9/3-4/2011 10/11-12/2013

if [ "Eli was in the grasP in '08" = "true" ]; then
    Brady Fumbled in '01
    fi
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    It was extended. There was an extended solo/instrumental at the end followed by additional lyrics (basically just the chorus again). It was very tight.

The setlist was great, but VERY short.

One thing that stood out for me was how tight the band played tonight. I haven't heard them play that tight in a LONG time. They absolutely nailed Who You Are, Glorified G, Dissident and Unemployable (possibly the best version I have ever heard).

But what stood out the most for me was that Given To Fly was played at normal speed. They actually slowed it down!

We were just in our hotel room talking about this.

Nowayimfaithful said to me, after i said the sets will probably get longer going in to the tour, "thats the thing man. They don't HAVE to do make the sets any longer, as long as they stay this TIGHT!"

Seriously, sometimes PJs best artistic sense is in what they don't play. Last night they made emphasis of that. And the songs were definately allowed to breath proper, which was amazing!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    shawnb just about nailed it

and I really think Ed was taken back by the crowd. sometimes he would just stand and stare, kinda like he didn't think we'd be so into it. he was having a lot of fun.

oh also, I'm not sure if it's cause of the stage at the venue, but Stone seemed to be much closer to Ed than normal.

great show, ESPECIALLY for a tour starter. tomorrow morning my body will be COMPLETELY sore and my feet will be completely ineffective. I DID NOT STOP moving tonight haha. it was magic. oh and yes, the lights were great.

pearl jam = love
    totally agree! awesome show. they were tight. didn't seem like a warmup show at all. He did seem impressed with the crowd, he said at one point it won't be as long before they return next time. that was a welcome statement after 4 long years of no PJ!
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396

..still can't believe i purchased two pj tickets and didn't get to go...~

Oh noooooooo! :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    Hinny wrote:

This isn't a mullet in any language used by creatures with opposable thumbs. Some folks are always out to take the piss on Stoney...

Hair stays, darlin', but the beard has to go...

Thanks for the link!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Watching that clip that was posted, Ed sounds fuckin' GREAT during Given to Fly! Awesome stuff!

Yes, Ed did sound really good during that clip. That is cool to see him bring like 98.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    So glad you guys had an amazing time! :D (although how could anybody NOT have one at a PJ show???)

I'm happy for you guys and even more excited for my shows in 2 weeks! :D:D
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    ***posted last night another thread

Lots to say, I just got back to hotel...late...

KOL, I was worried, no one was there, the lawn had maybe 2 rows deep, and the rest of the seats were 80% empty. But they sounded great, I think this is a sign that not many people know them at all.

When PJ came on much later, it was packed, I was shocked, the lawn behind was filled wiht people to the back fence, and so many just haning out in the bar/food area, it looked to me like the Gorge. No joke, it was a community......

Words are cheap, but I will say I was totally impressed with this crowd, 10c was all around me and we sang every lyric, closer to the stage it was the same, we had corporate people in front of us, and they were going wild half way through, ithe lawn was packed and hands in the air, it was infectious. I kept looking back, from what I could see the lawn was crammed and it was rockin'.. I met great people, we bought each other drinks. Ed had fun tonight, he was more jovial than I have seen him before.

I have no idea how many people were there, but the Budweiser guy told the girl next to me (hi Pam and Max) that it was the most people he had ever seen at that venue. Good sign for the South.

Ok, good night. But i will say the energy tonight was better than any show I have seen....not saying the best setlist (but it was great) or the best venue (it was good) or the best musically (sound system was okay) but PJ and the crowd were a happy bunch, the band is ready to tour.

Nice job WPB; you are ambassadors for the rest of us.

Oceans....very nice

Edit: KOL, I didn't mean to leave the impression they weren't well recieved, they actually had a pretty good crowd by the end of the set...I was just confused at the beginning (and a bit worried for PJ due to not alot of people), since I THOUGHT we might get a pre-set from Eddie and therfore lots more people should have been in the seats/lawn...anyway I think they were well recieved by those who were there...they are a great band and Caleb commented they hadn't toured since February and they were stoked tonight to get the crowd (meaning everyone who was listening was giving them their due)....

***Highlights are tough, so many, but there was great energy all night...Eddie was happy to have his band back maybe. Why Go and RVM wwere great.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    goodtruantgoodtruant Florida Posts: 7
    I'm waiting at the FLL airport and can't wait to get to Tampa and pick up my tickets. I am in the 122's and was seated in the 9th row far to the right. It was not at all the same as being in the center (I've been front row twice before). But EV paid several visits to us. I hope we land center seats today.

I'm not sure if EV was drinking wine or something else, but he did appear to be drunk. I am used to seeing him as a reluctant performer and at this show he had no inhibitions. That was great except for all the spitting. If we get front row, I'll have to dress for Gallagher ;-).

The music was phenomenal, I'm glad he played so much from the first two albums and I am looking so foward to tonight's show!
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."