Options

Dark Matter - Out Now

Comments

• Options
    pjamphilpjamphil Toms River Posts: 20
    McCready can't be stopped, let's go!!! Scared of Fear is my jam!
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,493
    I cannot get over how amazing this album is. Can't stop listening to it.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    KV4053 said:
    Yeah me too. It's food for the ears and soul. 

I think the band and Andrew Watt have put out something amazing. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    The last bit of setting sun makes me sad. 

And then I start the album over and I'm fine.
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,176
    I'm a few beers in to my second listen today and maybe 40 overall and man this is close to the first 5 that I didn't think anything ever would be 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 658
    I'm a few beers in to my second listen today and maybe 40 overall and man this is close to the first 5 that I didn't think anything ever would be 
    40 beers overall? That’s impressive 😉
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,176
    kmcmanus said:
    40 beers overall? That’s impressive 😉
    Listens not beers 🤣 im not the man I used to be
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    KV4053 said:

Ditto. It has been a really really really long time since I have listened to a new album from any band this relentlessly after it dropped. I am feeling so happy about it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,575

"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,679
    I honestly think this album might be better than the first 5. I've probably played it through 50 times at this point.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,284
    PJ_Soul said:
    KV4053 said:

Ditto. It has been a really really really long time since I have listened to a new album from any band this relentlessly after it dropped. I am feeling so happy about it!
    I'm going to say last time for me was QOTSA Like Clockwork. I honestly didn't think PJ was going to ever match up to what QOTSA were doing again, but they've proven me wrong. So awesome they put together this incredible album.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 349
    edited May 2
    Lifted said:
    I honestly think this album might be better than the first 5. I've probably played it through 50 times at this point.
    This thought crossed my mind too, and it didn't feel right I think mainly because the first five albums are forever etched in our hearts, rightfully so, as the masterpieces that they are.  But between me having this thought, and Eddie saying that this is their best work, it really just reinforces to me that Dark Matter, is too, indeed a masterpiece.

I always have a tough time ranking the masterpieces, as any day I could want to listen to any of these albums.
    Rather than rank them, I'm just going to call these albums the "Masterpiece Collection".  The reason why Dark Matter stands up tall to the early masterpieces, is because the band itself seems so energized and in top form.  This is master musicians at their best.

The Masterpiece Collection:  Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Dark Matter

Never could of imagined that Pearl Jam would gift us with another masterpiece in 2024.  Amazing stuff.
    Forever grateful for this awesome band.  Thank you Pearl Jam and everyone who worked on Dark Matter, and the upcoming tour!!
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    KV4053 said:

I'm going to say last time for me was QOTSA Like Clockwork. I honestly didn't think PJ was going to ever match up to what QOTSA were doing again, but they've proven me wrong. So awesome they put together this incredible album.

That is awesome - now that you said it, I think that was probably the last album it happened for me too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    Its not recency bias. This album is awesome.  It's not wearing off.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    I find it difficult to compare to the whole catalogue, especially the 90's albums as part of the experience of the music is about where I was in my life, just a kid living at home having my mind blown. To growing up and having this band as a constant through my life. So its hard for me to judge purely the music when I have such an emotional connection to it all.

What I can say is this album is exactly what I needed now and a lot of lyrics hitting me hard.
    Also, I dont think there is an album I have listened to front to back in soo long. I normally pick songs to play but this is a simple start at Scared of Fear and wait until Setting Sun. 
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315

10C need to fuckin’ stop using Mail Innovations. I live in West Palm Beach, FL. 

My Dark Matter LP has gone: Fife, WA > Seattle, WA > Fife, WA > Orlando, FL > Jacksonville, WA > Carolina, PR (PUERTO RICO!!!)… 

And tracking says it’s supposed to arrive today by 7pm. It’s almost 8pm

FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

• Options
    cypressdrivecypressdrive Posts: 41
    Honest biased take

6.5/10 relative to the rest of their catalog
    8.5/10 relative to all other rock coming out today 
    I want to be this generous but I can’t. I want it to grow on me but it isn’t. It’s certainly not a standout in the PJ catalog. Yeah it beats current rock but that’s not hard. In places it just feels lazy with too much filler. 
  • Options
    cypressdrivecypressdrive Posts: 41
    Honest biased take

I want to be this generous but I can’t. I want it to grow on me but it isn’t. It’s certainly not a standout in the PJ catalog. Yeah it beats current rock but that’s not hard. In places it just feels lazy with too much filler. 
    But this doesn’t mean I’m not happy as hell
    to be seeing them tomorrow and Monday. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,704
    Honest biased take

There is no filler. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,956
    Honest biased take

Me no likey. Just listened to most of it. Not my thing. Love pj and what they mean to me. This record not my style. Bye bye
  • Options
    DAVEPJDAVEPJ Posts: 15
    MikeDigs said:
    Lifted said:
    This thought crossed my mind too, and it didn't feel right I think mainly because the first five albums are forever etched in our hearts, rightfully so, as the masterpieces that they are.  But between me having this thought, and Eddie saying that this is their best work, it really just reinforces to me that Dark Matter, is too, indeed a masterpiece.

I always have a tough time ranking the masterpieces, as any day I could want to listen to any of these albums.
    Rather than rank them, I'm just going to call these albums the "Masterpiece Collection".  The reason why Dark Matter stands up tall to the early masterpieces, is because the band itself seems so energized and in top form.  This is master musicians at their best.

The Masterpiece Collection:  Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Dark Matter

Never could of imagined that Pearl Jam would gift us with another masterpiece in 2024.  Amazing stuff.
    Forever grateful for this awesome band.  Thank you Pearl Jam and everyone who worked on Dark Matter, and the upcoming tour!!
    I couldn't agree more.  I'm so thankful for this band and never imagined a new record as kick a$$ as this one!!!
    he'e nalu
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,349
    Is the deluxe CD exclusive to the 10C? Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    Nope. Got it on Amazon 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Had real concerns about Watt after Earthling...but this album is a gem. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,349
    KV4053 said:
    BF89905 said:
    Nope. Got it on Amazon 
    Thank you
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I feel completely lost but I can’t seem to find the lyrics on the forum. Bought the album on Apple Music but I don’t have a subscription and I don’t get the lyrics without a subscription, which is bizarre, won’t do that again. 
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    ponner1us said:
    I feel completely lost but I can’t seem to find the lyrics on the forum. Bought the album on Apple Music but I don’t have a subscription and I don’t get the lyrics without a subscription, which is bizarre, won’t do that again. 
    This should have it, click on each track.

https://pearljam.com/music/album/dark-matter
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ponner1us said:

Very cool. I did not know the official website had the official lyrics.
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ponner1us said:

Got it, thanks!!!
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    I've lost track, but I've listened to this album one or more times everyday. It just gets better and better.