Options

*** Vancouver, BC 1 Fanviews Here 5.4.24 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    cypressdrivecypressdrive Posts: 41
    BF25394 said:
    So happy to see NO BETTERMAN or EVEN FLOW!!!  Also, love to see only three songs from Ten. I hope this trend continues 
    Oof, your post has reminded me that I'm probably going to see "Better Man" Monday night. I knew "Even Flow" was going to be coming and I was mentally prepared for it, but I had forgotten about "Better Man."
    On the long drive to Vancouver I said to my son I hope they don’t play better man. So happy they didn’t.  Evenflow I’m okay with simply for Mikes solo. I want to hear Breakerfall tonight. 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,214
    The pit seemed unusually small saturday.  Hopefully they are all that size.  You couldn't help but have a great spot.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    I love the word jagg off. We don't have that in the UK.  
    Psstt... 1 g. Jag off. :)
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,318
    TA243471 said:
    The pit seemed unusually small saturday.  Hopefully they are all that size.  You couldn't help but have a great spot.
    There was plenty of room in the back for people who wanted some breathing room.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,725
    Looks like Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns got Jeff a little teary eyed, too.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 606
    BF25394 said:
    So happy to see NO BETTERMAN or EVEN FLOW!!!  Also, love to see only three songs from Ten. I hope this trend continues 
    Oof, your post has reminded me that I'm probably going to see "Better Man" Monday night. I knew "Even Flow" was going to be coming and I was mentally prepared for it, but I had forgotten about "Better Man."
    On the long drive to Vancouver I said to my son I hope they don’t play better man. So happy they didn’t.  Evenflow I’m okay with simply for Mikes solo. I want to hear Breakerfall tonight. 
    Had two rookies with me and they both wanted to hear Even Flow the most, so I get why PJ plays it a ton and personally after 25 shows still like hearing it. I am sure we will get it tonight...
    Better Man I could never hear again. I will take any other hit from PJ to make the average fan happy, but that song is bathroom break for sure for me.

• Options
    leddeadleddead Posts: 152
    I've been lucky enough to see Pearl Jam 35 times to date. They played Better Man 24/35 times. I wish it was 35/35. I hope for Better Man > Save It For Later at every show.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 606
    I am just nit picking with songs not really complaining. I will take anything they play.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,297
    edited May 7
    I wanted to wait a few days to give myself a little more time to digest opening night and compose my thoughts before writing a more elaborate fanview. Several people have asked me for my thoughts about various different aspects of the opening show (the new songs, new stage production, setlist, crowd, etc.), so I figured I would try to synthesize my thoughts on these various issues together here. This is very elaborate and much longer than I initially intended, so I don’t expect any of you to actually read the whole thing. But here goes:

It was a great show and the best tour opener I’ve seen! It was really cool being present for the debut of dark matter, and getting to witness the band try- and in my opinion, succeed- at doing something a little bit different than in the past. I was on the rail in the little crevice on mike/jeff’s side of the stage (right between Ed and Jeff), so got to see the new stage setup up close. I really enjoyed the new stage setup- I felt like the rail was closer to the stage than in the past (when Mike and Jeff came to the front of the stage, they must’ve only been about 5 feet or so back from the rail). Also, the “bump out” or whatever you want to call it in the middle of the rail that extended a few feet into the pit created a lot more direct interaction and engagement between Ed and the crowd in the pit, which was really cool. Ed would constantly walk out on to the bump out and shake hands, give high fives and fist bumps, and pour wine for members of the crowd (me included). The bump out should be officially dubbed the “wine pour arena” lol. This type of interaction between Ed and members of the crowd happened a lot more frequently than during prior shows, since the bump out essentially brought Ed out into the first few rows of the pit. I thought that was a really cool change/addition. 

I was admittedly pretty skeptical at first when I heard about the new production involving bigger screens, more elaborate visuals, and the elimination of behind the stage seating. I didn’t love the visuals that they used during the dark matter movie theater premier,
    many of which to me just looked like boring screensavers lol. Personally I’ve always loved the stripped down, minimalist stage setup, and the “in the round” style with behind the stage seating which enables the people in front of the stage to see the reactions of the people behind the stage and vice versa. However, after seeing the new production in action during the show, I have to say that although a part of me misses having people behind the stage, I did enjoy the new production. The visuals for the new dark matter songs were more akin to the visuals that were used for Gigaton (which I enjoyed) than the ones for the movie theater premier, and added some cool visual elements to several of the songs. I haven’t had a chance to go back yet and watch any YouTube videos, but from my memory, the stand outs in terms of visuals were wreckage and setting sun. I also thought they made good use of the screen during the non-dark matter songs, and particularly enjoyed the shadow-like effects used during the wash opening. I thought that was the coolest version of wash I’ve ever seen. I like that they’re experimenting with something a little bit different here, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they decide to use the screen going forward. 

Also, for anyone concerned about the view from side stage seats with the new production, rest assured your view of the stage is not obstructed in any way. Depending on how far over you are, your view of the screen (which is large and extends all the way from one side of the back of the arena behind the stage to the other) may be somewhat limited (you may not be able to see the entire screen), but your view of the stage/band will be completely unobstructed. And personally when I have side stage seats (which I consider some of the best seats in the house), I’m looking only at the band and not at the screens. 

Next, terms of the setlist, I loved it. I was surprised how many rarities/lesser played songs the band busted out, especially considering it was opening night. I especially loved the wash opener, hearing leatherman for the first time in a long time, red mosquito, and then busting out Chloe/crown toward the end of the main set, which I was totally shocked they busted out on opening night. Also, I went into the show wanting to hear as much dark matter as possible, and they did not disappoint! I figured we’d get 5 or 6 songs off dark matter, and was pleasantly surprised that we got 9 of 11. My only disappointment was that they didn’t finish playing the album straight through after playing the first 4 songs. As I expected it would, scared of fear absolutely rocks live. I liked react respond when I first heard it on the album, but didn’t love it. But live it’s a totally different story. It’s a banger live! So intense, especially when Ed gets into the really fast portion of the second verse. Live it sounds like it would’ve fit right in after go and animal on Vs. Upper hand was one of my favorites of the night. I assumed they would simply use the recorded intro from the album (kind of like they used to do with severed hand on the avocado tour), and then start with the beginning of the first verse. I could not have been more wrong. The intro jam and back and forth between Ed and mike was simply incredible. It was so intense and very reminiscent of Pink Floyd (especially shine on your crazy diamond and some of the songs from animals). I heard a lot of David gilmour’s influence in mike’s riffs and solos. I could hear upper hand every show- I think it’s one of the best songs they’ve written in a long, long time (along with setting sun- more on that below). Won’t tell was another highlight for me that I thought translated really well live. And then there was running- I think I rocked out harder during running than I’ve ever rocked out to any other song before in my life. I expected it to be a really intense banger live, and it did not disappoint. To me, it’s like the new whipping. And Ed sounded great (not just on running, but everything else as well) and amazingly did not forget the lyrics. 

In terms of the energy of the band/crowd, obviously I can only speak for what I experienced and observed from the rail, but this was some of the best- if not the best- energy I have ever experienced from both the band and crowd at a PJ show. The band was obviously really excited about the new stuff and was itching to play it live. And at least in the pit, the crowd was just as excited to hear it for the first time as the band was to play it, and really ate it up. The band brought it, and so did the crowd. Despite only having a few weeks to digest the new material, the people in the pit really seemed knew the songs and lyrics well and were belting them out. I got the impression that the band was really happy just how excited the crowd was to hear the new material (and a lot of it- more than 1/3 of the setlist), and that created an incredible energy between the band and crowd. Everyone (the band and crowd) just seemed really happy and excited to be there, and it made for a truly memorable opening night experience. The energy in the building really was “something special.” I'm just thankful to have been a part of it. 

Now for the best moment of the night- the ending. As much as I love Ledbetter, whenever I hear mike start the opening riff, a part of me gets a little sad because I know it means it’s the last song of the night and the show is ending. Never in a million years did I think they were going to play another song after ledbetter. And then after the band appeared to say their usual post-Ledbetter goodbyes, the lights went down, the stage went silent, all was dark except for a tiny glimmer I could see shimmering off of stone’s guitar, and then the band shockingly busted into an absolutely beautiful, heart wrenching version of setting sun. I’m not gonna lie- I shed a few tears. It just really caught me off guard, and was stunningly beautiful. And it wasn’t just that they played it, it was the way that they did it- the show appearing to have ended, the stage turning pitch black, then starting to slowly hear the soft sounds of Matt’s tribal-influenced drum beats, Ed’s beautiful vocals, and finally the uplifting and cathartic build up toward the latter half of the song, all combined with amazing immersive visuals (IMO the best visuals of the entire show). It was the best, most emotional ending I have ever heard to a PJ show. I know it’s still very fresh, but I can confidently say this is the best closer I have ever heard them play. I was simply floored. 

I walked out of opening night simply stunned. That was about the best opening show I could have possibly imagined. I thought to myself, there was no way they could possibly beat that on N2. But then as I’ll explain in my fanview for N2, amazingly they did. 

Post edited by steven87 on
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 446
    Fantastic fanview! Appreciate it!
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    It was a tiny pit- I asked security and they told me it only fit about 450 people, which is about half the size of a normal pit. Which also explains why it was so difficult to score GA in the lottery and on F2F. It was also narrow and didn’t fit as many people across the rail. 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 644
    leddead said:
    I've been lucky enough to see Pearl Jam 35 times to date. They played Better Man 24/35 times. I wish it was 35/35. I hope for Better Man > Save It For Later at every show.
    24/35=2/3 about right but give us the long lyric version if SILF
  • Options
    SS657083SS657083 Posts: 124
    nicknyr15 said:
    That screen is such a waste imo. I wasn’t there but I can’t imagine any situation where I would prefer a screen to selling the entire back to fans. Weird move
    I was at both shows. While I had high expectations when first seeing the screen pre-show and some of the visualizations were cool, I much much prefer the fans in back. It makes the show that much more engaging and more of a communal vibe. But, the show was still amazing and the band sounded great. Looking forward to Seattle in a few weeks!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    I love Better Man.  I can't ever get that one too many times.   For me it's usually Even Flow and DTE, for songs they play at every shows that I grow weary of, but on night 2 I was enjoying those too :)  For my wife it's Corduroy.  She got to experience her first show without Corduroy on Monday :)

It's funny how they have a handful of staples they play at almost every show, and we all have different tastes in which ones never feel worn out for us, and which ones do :)

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,824
    First: Great Show!
    Getting to hear so much of DM was awesome. The psych out with whole album show tease was great as well, we need to be kept on our toes. The openers, the energy the band and the audience were putting out was stellar, the new flow to the setlist was nice and I like how they are mixing up the closers. 
    My sister got her Black and Chloe/Crown was great.
    It was really nice to see the pre covid band energy back as well.
    Also my first no Evenflow show - it felt weird.
    Solid 9/10
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    MM188016MM188016 Posts: 34
    edited May 10

Made a relatively last minute decision to grab tickets to both Vancouver shows a couple of weeks ago after Vegas tickets were too hard to come by and flights were exorbitant anyhow. Flew in from Ottawa on Saturday morning and headed straight to a four hour wait in the merch line 😊 Met a friend who just moved to Vancouver last week and had a great time at the pre show party at The Pint and met some great Pearl Jam fans.

Wash set the tone for both shows imo. Wow. Ed’s voice was amazing, had the crowd singing so loud right off the bat. Was so happy to get that as an opener, completely unexpected and never thought I’d get to see Wash. Ed absolutely nailed it and sounded better than I think I’ve heard him in years. Small Town got the whole crowd into it again and followed up by Given to Fly, the entire arena was buzzing.

Then into the first four songs of Dark Matter. Wow. The new songs all sound great. React Respond has been growing slowly on me and wow, it really shines live. Has made me appreciate that song so much more. Dark Matter, while definitely not my favourite track on the record, was really fun live. The crowd was into it as the majority of people seemed to know that one. Wreckage was beautiful live. First four in a row had me super excited that the whole album was coming in order for a minute!

The tag of Bobcaygeon onto Daughter was a really special moment. I figured we’d get Leatherman after seeing MC request it with Zane Lowe, and they came through! It’s been years since I’ve seen them play that and it was great! Great version of Corduroy, followed by the hilarious fuck up of Red Mosquito. Re-start and nailed it.

Upper Hand is another level. So so good live. I’m in love with this song. Just kills live. Won’t Tell has been my initial favourite on the record and loved hearing it live – sang at the top of my lungs. Running had great energy live, even if not my favourite tune. The gang call outs were cool. Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns floored me. Really did not expect this. I’ve only seen this once live and it was at MSG. It was a dedication but feel like they save this, especially the combo with Chloe, for special shows and this was a sign to me that this entire tour is special. Playing it right out of the gate at the first show. Wow. They seemed so excited to be on tour and to be playing this new record that they’re so proud of. It gives me chills now, thinking about it. Porch was great to close as always and hope Mike is OK!

Won’t Back Down isn’t my favourite Ed cover but loved the story he told about the guitar Tom Petty gave him vibrating and wanting to come on tour with him lol. And Ed’s voice did sound beautiful on it. Black was one of the most beautiful versions I’ve ever seen. Ed’s voice, the solo, the extended outro, the crowd participation, the We Belong Together tag, the look on the band’s faces soaking it all in. Just extremely beautiful. DTE rockin as always and loved the visuals on the screen for this one. Really cool. Makes the song better, especially since they seem to be playing this one in every encore lately and it’s become a bit predictable. Something Special I just don’t feel but that’s OK. I do enjoy the rolling bass line. Alive is great for the crowd but again, a little too predictable for me in this spot nowadays. Same with RITFW  really got the crowd going which is awesome but I’m fine if I never hear this one. YL was beautiful and happy anytime I get to see this. The band seemed so happy with the energy the crowd brought all night to this first night of the tour. I always love looking out over the crowd with the house lights up during YL. Chills every time.

I fully left my seat when they left the stage after YL. Never ever expected that they’d come back out for another one after that. I was at the top of the stairs and stopped cold in my tracks when they came back out and the intro to Setting Sun started. That was so cool. The visuals were beautiful, the lights were low, the song started slow, soared, and sent us home on such a great, introspective and hopeful note. Let us not fade. Another moment that gives me chills. This song is so beautiful and translates live as well as anything on Dark Matter. Just amazing. I hope they do this every show this tour because it’s an amazing experience everyone should have a chance to see/hear/feel.

Overall so happy I made the decision to fly across the country for these shows. Worth every penny. The band was in top form and had obviously been practicing for a few weeks. The sound was amazing and they were really tight. I’m not sure if they’ve changed anything sound-wise for this tour but it seemed like it. Maybe it was the screen and no sound bleeding to the back? Or Rogers Arena itself? I don’t know but the sound was top notch. I think Klinghoffer also subtly adds a lot to the songs and the overall sound and am so happy he’s still touring with them. Wasn’t sure what to expect with the new production but I absolutely loved it. The stage looked so gorgeous for the first few songs, bathed in low light, then silhouettes up on the screen and then the full visuals. Really added to the experience. Even the flooring of the stage looked new, like a beautiful carpet. Loved the jut out into the crowd and seeing Ed constantly going down there to sing directly with the crowd, shake hands, etc.

Honestly, this is the most excited and joyous time I’ve had in well over 25 years of Pearl Jam fandom. I want to hold onto everything and enjoy every second. This band has brought so much to my life and it’s really amazing that I still get to feel this as a now middle aged man 😊

Post edited by MM188016 on
  • Options
    Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 41
    nicknyr15 said:
    That screen is such a waste imo. I wasn’t there but I can’t imagine any situation where I would prefer a screen to selling the entire back to fans. Weird move
    Pre-show, I was thinking along the same as you but having gone to both shows it got my seal of approval.

- Made it feel more cozy in the arena.
      - I liked the variety between nothing at all, silhouettes, graphics, music video and or just pure camera shots of the band,
      - It's something different from a PJ show. Glad they mix it up.
      - It really differentiates the stuff from Dark Matter.

It does mean less variety from a typical PJ show, as I would expect the 4 song block of DM after the catalog opening will be standard as well as the Setting Sun finale, but I'm good with it.
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 339
    MM188016 said:

Made a relatively last minute decision to grab tickets to both Vancouver shows a couple of weeks ago after Vegas tickets were too hard to come by and flights were exorbitant anyhow. Flew in from Ottawa on Saturday morning and headed straight to a four hour wait in the merch line 😊 Met a friend who just moved to Vancouver last week and had a great time at the pre show party at The Pint and met some great Pearl Jam fans.

Wash set the tone for both shows imo. Wow. Ed’s voice was amazing, had the crowd singing so loud right off the bat. Was so happy to get that as an opener, completely unexpected and never thought I’d get to see Wash. Ed absolutely nailed it and sounded better than I think I’ve heard him in years. Small Town got the whole crowd into it again and followed up by Given to Fly, the entire arena was buzzing.

Then into the first four songs of Dark Matter. Wow. The new songs all sound great. React Respond has been growi9ng slowly on my and wow, it really shines live. Has made me appreciate that song so much more. Dark Matter, while definitely not my favourite track on the record, was really fun live. The crowd was into it as the majority of people seemed to know that one. Wreckage was beautiful live. First four in a row has super excited that the whole album was coming in order for a minute!

The tag of Bobcaygeon onto Daughter was a really special moment. I figured we’d get Leatherman after seeing MC request it with Zane Lowe, and they came through! It’s been years since I’ve seen them play that and it was great! Great version of Corduroy, followed by the hilarious fuck up of Red Mosquito. Re-start and nailed it.

Upper Hand is another level. So so good live. I’m in love with this song. Just kills live. Won’t Tell has been my initial favourite on the record and loved hearing it live – sang at the top of my lungs. Running had great energy live, even if not my favourite tune. The gang call outs were cool. Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns floored me. Really did not expect this. I’ve only seen this once live and it was at MSG. It was a dedication but feel like they save this, especially the combo with Chloe, for special shows and this was a sign to me that this entire tour is special. Playing it right out of the gate at the first show. Wow. They seemed so excited to be on tour and to be playi9ng this new record that they’re so proud of. It gives me chills now, thinking about it. Porch was great to close as always and hope Mike is OK!

Won’t Back Down isn’t my favourite Ed cover but loved the story he told about the guitar Tom Petty gave him vibrating and wanting to come on tour with him lol. And Ed’s voice did sound beautiful on it. Black was one of the most beautiful versions I’ve ever seen. Ed’s voice, the solo, the extended outro, the crowd participation, the We Belong Together tag, the look on the band’s faces soaking it all in. Just extremely beautiful. DTE rockin as always and loved the visuals on the screen for this one. Really cool. Makes the song better, especially since they seem to be playing this one in every encore lately and it’s become a bit predictable. Something Special I just don’t feel but that’s OK. I do enjoy the rolling bass line. Alive is great for the crowd but again, a little too predictable for me in this spot nowadays. Same with RITFW  really got the crowd going which is awesome but I’m fine if I never hear this one. YL was beautiful and happy anytime I get to see this. The band seemed so happy with the energy the crowd brought all night to this first night of the tour. I always love looking out over the crowd with the house lights up during YL. Chills every time.

I fully left my start when they left the stage after YL. Never ever expected that they’d come back out for another one after that. I was at the top of the stairs and stopped cold in my tracks when they came back out and the intro to Setting Sun started. That was so cool. The visuals were beautiful, the lights were low, the song started slow, soared, and sent us home on such a great, introspective and hopeful note. Let us not fade. Another moment that gives me chills. This song is so beautiful and translates live as well as anything on Dark Matter. Just amazing. I hope they do this every show this tour because it’s an amazing experience everyone should have a chance to see/hear/feel.

Overall so happy I made the decision to fly across the country for these shows. Worth every penny. The band was in top form and had obviously been practising for a few weeks. The sound was amazing and they were really tight. I’m not sure if they’ve changed anything sound-wise for this tour but it seemed like it. Maybe it was the screen and no sound bleeding to the back? Or Rogers Arena itself? I don’t know but the sound was top notch. I think Klinghoffer also subtly adds a lot to the songs and the overall sound and am so happy he’s still touring with them. Wasn’t sure what to expect with the new production but I absolutely loved it. The stage looked so gorgeous for the first few songs, bathed in low light, then silhouettes up on the screen and then the full visuals. Really added to the experience. Even the flooring of the stage looked new, like a beautiful carpet. Loved the jut out into the crowd and seeing Ed constantly going down there to sing directly with the crowd, shake hands, etc.

Honestly, this is the most excited and joyous time I’ve had in well over 25 years of Pearl Jam fandom. I want to hold onto everything and enjoy every second. This band has brought so much to my life and it’s really amazing that I still get to feel this as a now middle aged man 😊

Thanks for taking the time to write this, I loved reading it and had many similar thoughts and feelings about the show. Feeling so lucky to have been there to experience it. I seriously can't believe how good they sounded for the start of the tour. 

" Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 41
    What a night.

• Options
    MM188016 said:

Then into the first four songs of Dark Matter. Wow. The new songs all sound great. React Respond has been growing slowly on me and wow, it really shines live. Has made me appreciate that song so much more. Dark Matter, while definitely not my favourite track on the record, was really fun live. The crowd was into it as the majority of people seemed to know that one. Wreckage was beautiful live. First four in a row had me super excited that the whole album was coming in order for a minute!

Upper Hand is another level. So so good live. I’m in love with this song. Just kills live. Won’t Tell has been my initial favourite on the record and loved hearing it live – sang at the top of my lungs. Running had great energy live, even if not my favourite tune. The gang call outs were cool. Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns floored me. Really did not expect this. I’ve only seen this once live and it was at MSG. It was a dedication but feel like they save this, especially the combo with Chloe, for special shows and this was a sign to me that this entire tour is special. Playing it right out of the gate at the first show. Wow. They seemed so excited to be on tour and to be playing this new record that they’re so proud of. It gives me chills now, thinking about it. Porch was great to close as always and hope Mike is OK!

I fully left my seat when they left the stage after YL. Never ever expected that they’d come back out for another one after that. I was at the top of the stairs and stopped cold in my tracks when they came back out and the intro to Setting Sun started. That was so cool. The visuals were beautiful, the lights were low, the song started slow, soared, and sent us home on such a great, introspective and hopeful note. Let us not fade. Another moment that gives me chills. This song is so beautiful and translates live as well as anything on Dark Matter. Just amazing. I hope they do this every show this tour because it’s an amazing experience everyone should have a chance to see/hear/feel.

Overall so happy I made the decision to fly across the country for these shows. Worth every penny. The band was in top form and had obviously been practicing for a few weeks. The sound was amazing and they were really tight. I’m not sure if they’ve changed anything sound-wise for this tour but it seemed like it. Maybe it was the screen and no sound bleeding to the back? Or Rogers Arena itself? I don’t know but the sound was top notch. I think Klinghoffer also subtly adds a lot to the songs and the overall sound and am so happy he’s still touring with them. Wasn’t sure what to expect with the new production but I absolutely loved it. The stage looked so gorgeous for the first few songs, bathed in low light, then silhouettes up on the screen and then the full visuals. Really added to the experience. Even the flooring of the stage looked new, like a beautiful carpet. Loved the jut out into the crowd and seeing Ed constantly going down there to sing directly with the crowd, shake hands, etc.

Excellent review! I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. You perfectly described how I feel as well. Cheers! 👏🍻
  • Options
    JD16356JD16356 Posts: 1
    Thank you Ten Club for front row seats to both Sat and Monday shows in Vancouver! I ultimately had to sell my Monday tix but went Sat and it was absolutely wonderful, as always. Eddie's voice continues to soar. Also enjoyed Deep Sea Diver and listening to them alot since!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,182
    MQA streaming this morning. What a show!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited May 16
    The guys from Guadalajara emailed me the porch video and I finally got to hear what Ed was saying to me.

Well done! Way to stay fit!!! So proud! No wonder he's looking so good.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options

Jeff's shit eating grin :hug:
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Spunkie said:

I see me. What a night! Can’t wait for leg two!
  • Options

Here's more if you see you Steve 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:

Here's more if you see you Steve 
    Oh wow, these are great! There I am rocking again again! 🎸🤘Thanks for sharing! 😀