Options

*** Vancouver, BC 1 Fanviews Here 5.4.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,579
    Very nice set for the tour opener. Setting Sun closer is awesome! Not loving ignoring all the other post-Yield albums. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,678
    edited May 5
    nicknyr15 said:
    That screen is such a waste imo. I wasn’t there but I can’t imagine any situation where I would prefer a screen to selling the entire back to fans. Weird move

It was totally fine. It really didn't detract from the show at all. I get what you mean about mire tickets, but hey, they obviously wanted a change. It can get pretty lame to always do the same thing year after year.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,875
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That screen is such a waste imo. I wasn’t there but I can’t imagine any situation where I would prefer a screen to selling the entire back to fans. Weird move

It was totally fine. It really didn't detract from the show at all. I get what you mean about mire tickets, but hey, they obviously wanted a change. It can get pretty lame to always do the same thing year after year.
    I just watched some videos and I think it’s pointless honestly. Theres nothing like having fans singing and losing their minds as the backdrop. This kind of “tech” doesn’t belong at a PJ show imo. It’s not great or revolutionary , maybe in bigger stadium shows? But arenas? I really hope they ditch it by September. 
  • Options
    Looks amazing. Wonder when the last time they had the balls to close a show with something off a new album. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I just watched some videos and I think it’s pointless honestly. Theres nothing like having fans singing and losing their minds as the backdrop. This kind of “tech” doesn’t belong at a PJ show imo. It’s not great or revolutionary , maybe in bigger stadium shows? But arenas? I really hope they ditch it by September. 
    With all respect, who gives a shit what is behind them… as long as the guys come on stage and play good 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:

With all respect, who gives a shit what is behind them… as long as the guys come on stage and play good 
    With all due respect, I do. We’re here to discuss the shows. This is new for them and seems unnecessary to me. I’m in the northeast where it’s impossible to get tickets and to see that whole back blocked off by a screen is insane to me. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,947
    Agree all around fans is where it's at. Ok try something diff. I'm out anyway. Sure it's cool to see while ur there.
  • Options
    Damn. Setting Sun looked and sounded phenomenal!!!!!!! They nailed it. That’s one I’d love at every show. 
  • Options
    Eddie turning around to face the back every now and then out of habit 😂😂😂
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894

that top pic is phenomenal, @Halifax2TheMax. Framer to be sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,408
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BTW, Deep Sea Diver was great!! I would recommend not skipping the opener for this leg! (I am jealous of the Glen Hansard shows though).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Still a seated opening?

No, it was standing.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,007
    I love the screen...when they put the band on it the whole place is in the front row 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,702
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I hope they keep the screen and make them bigger. 
  • Options
    edited May 5
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I hope they keep the screen and make them bigger. 
    Sure. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Posts: 260
    I love love love those new songs live! The show lost nothing with them in it. They work so well and you can tell the songs have energized the band. They look like they had fun playing them. I don't know if we'll get as many on a single night as we did last night, and it would be a shame. I loved this show.

Finally got Red Mosquito.

Go see Deep Sea Diver. I usually don't bother with opening acts but I was there early and checked them out and they are really good. I'm going to catch them Monday night two.

Seriously, who cares about the screen. Screen or no screen, aren't we really there for the fucking music? And the music is fantastic. Can't wait for Monday night. 
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,296
    What a way to open the tour! Really thought they were gonna play dark matter straight through when they went into wreckage (and was even more convinced after dark matter). I was slightly disappointed when they then went into daughter, but it was still great getting 9 out of the 11 songs on the album. Also, Ed saw my yoda shirt, gave me a thumbs up, and then poured me a glass of wine. Surreal moment! I’ll post a full review later once I’ve had more time to process it. 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 606
    Did he wear that hat for the entire show?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    matt84 said:
    Did he wear that hat for the entire show?
    He did.  Made wonder if hes covering something up:)
  • Options
    RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 394
    edited May 5
    He actually switched hats somewhere during the encore, around Black, or just after, cause first hat had become sweaty and a little misformed
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • Options
    WhoAreWeWhoAreWe Ottawa CAN Posts: 23
    Ha! After playing the first four tracks in order from the new album, how many were expecting them to play the whole thing?!
    YARN  Psych Psych psych psych Signed super psych  The Simpsons  1989 - S12E12 Comedy  Video clips by quotes  4df39ad2

Accurate.
  • Options
    WhoAreWeWhoAreWe Ottawa CAN Posts: 23
    I love the screen...when they put the band on it the whole place is in the front row 
    Completely agree, I just hope they show more of the band. The couple Rage shows I saw in ‘22 had an enormous screen behind the guys and it was a masterclass of visuals/messaging and live show footage.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    edited May 5
    That was a truly epic show. Amazing start to the tour and such great energy from the crowd and the band. I thought it was a perfect mix of new songs, crowd favourites and rarities. Red Mosquito AND Chloe Dancer/ Crown of Thorns? Crazy good. I can't wait for Monday.

I actually really liked what they did with the screen.
    Post edited by juliefer on
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,298
    Now that I have slept on it...

Great start - did not see old and slow coming. I honestly expected new stuff right away.

4 in a row from DM was a tease. Really thought the full album was happening until the chords of Daughter. The visuals and screen usage was well done. Maybe it was just the Canadian edible hitting but Upper Hand and the screen was mesmerizing and so great to sing. DM and React Respond sounded amazing. Won't tell and the visualization was top notch. What an epic song. 

Felt like EV vocals were a little drowned out for Scared of Fear but maybe that was just me.

Wreckage was the one that just fell a little flat live. 

Running was so good.

Daughter - what an unexpected tag!

Leatherman sounded great. What a fun song and a chase song crossed off the list.

Chloe/Crown to open a tour after ending a tour with it? Not sure there is a long list of shows that have those played back to back.

Back to back shows with no even flow. This also has to be a real rarity.

Encore fantastic as usual. 

I was halfway up the stairs as Y Led ended...the lights went back out and music started that was recorded but then It changed and I'm like damn that's Setting Sun so scurried back in. Return of the one song 2nd encore is great joy.

Alot of DM was great to hear. Can't imagine its the norm for most of the tour. Nothing from Binaural thru LB was a little shocking.

They did a great job of limiting 10 to just 3 songs. Hope that trend continues.

And Here now, we get to the complaint section:

Just 1.. and 10C... please take note.....

Getting 10c lottery seats you kind of expect to be around mostly 10c people...but...I did have the misfortune of being next to 4 rows of the worst people on the planet.....

SITTERS

4 entire rows of people sitting for more then 75% of the show and even Porch! Like these people only wanted to hear Alive/Evenflow/Bman. And I'm so happy they didn't get 2 of them because I'm petty like that.

Please for the love of all that is held sacred in this world. STOP mixing the 10c with premium seats!!! Like for real. Figure that out. I felt like the wall that ended the sitting. 

So lame to have 4 rows of the lame ass SITTER premium purchasers instead of being surrounded by happy 10 clubbers.

Rant off.

Amazing show. Band seems really into it. MM was incredible as always even despite his spill. Left a lot of hits in play for N2 and a handful of mid catalog stuff from binaural-LB.

Getting a couple surprise songs N1 bodes well for the rest of the tour when DM songs will likely be split more evenly between multiple night cities
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,284
    Why do people care so much about the hat😂 so weird 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    Just chiming in to say an emphatic HELLLLL YES to the Hip tag. FINALLY. And man I would’ve lost my mind. RIP Gord. Here’s to a fantastic tour, fam!
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    cypressdrivecypressdrive Posts: 41
    PJ_Soul said:
    BTW, Deep Sea Diver was great!! I would recommend not skipping the opener for this leg! (I am jealous of the Glen Hansard shows though).
    Absolutely. I had no idea who they were and I really enjoyed them. 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    Man if that set is a sign of what’s to come, we are in for a good year friends.

when’s the last time anything other than little wing followed Ledbetter? Japan 2003?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .