Options

*** Vancouver, BC 1 Fanviews Here 5.4.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723

SITTERS

4 entire rows of people sitting for more then 75% of the show and even Porch! Like these people only wanted to hear Alive/Evenflow/Bman. And I'm so happy they didn't get 2 of them because I'm petty like that.

Please for the love of all that is held sacred in this world. STOP mixing the 10c with premium seats!!! Like for real. Figure that out. I felt like the wall that ended the sitting. 

So lame to have 4 rows of the lame ass SITTER premium purchasers instead of being surrounded by happy 10 clubbers.

Rant off.

Amazing show. Band seems really into it. MM was incredible as always even despite his spill. Left a lot of hits in play for N2 and a handful of mid catalog stuff from binaural-LB.

Getting a couple surprise songs N1 bodes well for the rest of the tour when DM songs will likely be split more evenly between multiple night cities
    Yeah it sucks to be surrounded by normies. Happened to me at a Fenway show. Boo - get up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    I went in not super excited for some reason, but by song 2 it was on again. 10c seats I was assigned were row 20 on floor, but I upgraded twice in the days before and got 3 rows up side stage. Awesome seats. Upgraded again for Monday to these same seats.

Caught the Bobcageyon tag first line of lyrics Eddie sang, but needed another line to confirm. Was so cool .

I had two first time PJ attendees with me and even with 9 new songs, they both bought tickets to Monday night right after the show.

For sure thought it was over after YL, but the Setting Sun closer is my fav DM song and legitimately the song I predicted to close. To have it played after YL however was a complete surprise.

We are spoiled with this band. Enjoy it while we still can
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That screen is such a waste imo. I wasn’t there but I can’t imagine any situation where I would prefer a screen to selling the entire back to fans. Weird move

It was totally fine. It really didn't detract from the show at all. I get what you mean about mire tickets, but hey, they obviously wanted a change. It can get pretty lame to always do the same thing year after year.
    I just watched some videos and I think it’s pointless honestly. Theres nothing like having fans singing and losing their minds as the backdrop. This kind of “tech” doesn’t belong at a PJ show imo. It’s not great or revolutionary , maybe in bigger stadium shows? But arenas? I really hope they ditch it by September. 
    I hope they keep the screen and make them bigger. 
    I'll bet U2 at the Sphere was an influence. Precursor?

I thought it looked cool. Gives the not as good seats a better view. It will be great for the stadium shows. 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    Kwieneke said:
    Why do people care so much about the hat😂 so weird 
    is it the same people that judge set lists/experiences that they weren't a part of? Never underestimate the wierdos!
  • Options
    Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Love to hear that they tagged Bobcaygeon at the end of Daughter and gave Gord a mention.

I saw the Hip over 50 times from 1992 to the final show in Kingston in 2016. They are my reminder that one day your favourite bands' live shows do come to an end, and to see them as much as you can while they are still playing.  Go see Pearl Jam as much as you can now PJ Faithful because one day you won't have a chance to anymore. Hopefully PJ gets to plan it's ending with some final shows at home one day in Seattle as opposed to any unplanned sudden stop.

Can't wait to see and hear them in Seattle in a few weeks! 
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,197
    Thank you to the 10 Club angels who posted videos of the show on YouTube!
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Eddie’s voice sounds amazing.
    Post edited by bicyclejoe on
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    That damn hat.  
    LOL. Has anyone started an “Eddie Vedder’s Fedora” Twitter/X account?
  • Options
    dragonsoonerdragonsooner Ok Posts: 7
    chitty said:
    I went in not super excited for some reason, but by song 2 it was on again. 10c seats I was assigned were row 20 on floor, but I upgraded twice in the days before and got 3 rows up side stage. Awesome seats. Upgraded again for Monday to these same seats.

Caught the Bobcageyon tag first line of lyrics Eddie sang, but needed another line to confirm. Was so cool .

I had two first time PJ attendees with me and even with 9 new songs, they both bought tickets to Monday night right after the show.

For sure thought it was over after YL, but the Setting Sun closer is my fav DM song and legitimately the song I predicted to close. To have it played after YL however was a complete surprise.

How did you upgrade your seats? Buying new ones or did you somehow trade in your 10C tix for better seats? 
  • Options
    go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 82
    What a night.  New songs were just fabulous!!  Setting Sun…wowza.  Scary to see Mike fall off the stage right in front of us.  He finished strong but hope he’s OK.  Can’t wait for Seattle.  Thank you Vancouver!
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That screen is such a waste imo. I wasn’t there but I can’t imagine any situation where I would prefer a screen to selling the entire back to fans. Weird move

It was totally fine. It really didn't detract from the show at all. I get what you mean about mire tickets, but hey, they obviously wanted a change. It can get pretty lame to always do the same thing year after year.
    I just watched some videos and I think it’s pointless honestly. Theres nothing like having fans singing and losing their minds as the backdrop. This kind of “tech” doesn’t belong at a PJ show imo. It’s not great or revolutionary , maybe in bigger stadium shows? But arenas? I really hope they ditch it by September. 
    With all respect, who gives a shit what is behind them… as long as the guys come on stage and play good 
    With all due respect, I do. We’re here to discuss the shows. This is new for them and seems unnecessary to me. I’m in the northeast where it’s impossible to get tickets and to see that whole back blocked off by a screen is insane to me. 
    👆👆👆 YES

Also visuals make more sense for a band who has a standard setlist. Unless they have people who can do then on the fly.

Love that Ed forgot there was no “back” to look to 😂 maybe he’ll miss back bowl as well.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Born.Mine.DieBorn.Mine.Die Vancouver Posts: 225
    Old Man Yelling at Cloud here:
    Can people PLEASE put your cell phones away, stop recording so much and enjoy the show.
    We are watching our favourite band and yes you want to capture YOUR favourite moments but not most of the show!
    T00L and Jack White have a 'no cell phone' policy, it definitely keeps the audience way more engaged. It is very disrespectful  in our church of Pearl Jam.
    Kills the emotions when I have to watch Ed and the boys through YOUR cell phone that you are holding up in front of my face or the bright light beside me the whole show. I am sure other people feel this way too. 
    p.s I LOVED the show, I LOVE the new album and I am eternally grateful for every second I can spend time with my Pearl Jam family and watching one of the greatest bands on earth. It's a beautiful thing! See you Monday & I love you. 
    9/1/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/5/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/30/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 7/20/06, 7/22/06,7/23/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/25/09,10/06/09,10/07/09, 05/07/10, 09/25/11, 07/16/13,12/04/13,12/06/13, 10/14/14, 4/7/17, 08/08/18, 08/10/18, 05/04/24

EV 04/02/08, 04/03/08, 07/16/11
  • Options
    Old Man Yelling at Cloud here:
    Can people PLEASE put your cell phones away, stop recording so much and enjoy the show.
    We are watching our favourite band and yes you want to capture YOUR favourite moments but not most of the show!
    T00L and Jack White have a 'no cell phone' policy, it definitely keeps the audience way more engaged. It is very disrespectful  in our church of Pearl Jam.
    Kills the emotions when I have to watch Ed and the boys through YOUR cell phone that you are holding up in front of my face or the bright light beside me the whole show. I am sure other people feel this way too. 
    p.s I LOVED the show, I LOVE the new album and I am eternally grateful for every second I can spend time with my Pearl Jam family and watching one of the greatest bands on earth. It's a beautiful thing! See you Monday & I love you. 
    As someone who can’t afford a ticket to the shows, I’m grateful for the Youngins recording the show. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    One other thing: after all the talk about the desperation to unload tickets by dropping prices, the place was packed. It was full up to the rafters. There were not many empty seats, if any.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 70
    The phones do kinda suck at times but to each their own. I’d rather have the option to record a few moments than have it like a tool concert with the lead singer losing his shit and kicking people out. People are paying hard earned money to watch a band so as long as it doesn’t interfere with my sight lines I have no major problem with them documenting a memory. I think there’s a happy medium. This is coming from somebody who probably took 5 30 seconds videos last night of mike ripping a solo. 

To me, the drunk idiots, the disengaged fans, and the talkers are a lot worse. But again, to each their own! 😀
  • Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 70
    Also, I’m still blown away how good Ed sounds. I thought he might struggle on a few new songs but he nailed them. Compare him to axel rose or most other 60 year old rock singers and it’s almost unbelievable. We are lucky. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    BF25394 said:
    One other thing: after all the talk about the desperation to unload tickets by dropping prices, the place was packed. It was full up to the rafters. There were not many empty seats, if any.

That wasn't an issue for last night. Tomorrow is the show that obviously has a problem.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    I love the absence of Ten. Or actually not an absence just not a focus. Pepper in all the albums equally and more new! Live the set!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 135
    edited May 5
    Awesome show!!  Capped off by EV tossing my first tambourine right at me, took 9 shows to get one so I guess not bad. Looking forward to Monday night and hopefully can upgrade seats! New songs sounded great live, waiting for Stevie must be played Monday right?!??
    Post edited by TT98 on
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Nice pull! Getting one at all is huge, let alone after 9 shows.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,175
    edited May 5
    TT98 said:
    Awesome show!!  Capped off by EV tossing my first tambourine right at me, took 9 shows to get one so I guess not bad. Looking forward to Monday night and hopefully can upgrade seats! New songs sounded great live, waiting for Stevie must be played Monday right?!??
    Congrats. I finally got one in Austin and it took a lot longer than 9 shows. It is an awesome feeling when that tambo comes flying your way. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options

• Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    chitty said:

How did you upgrade your seats? Buying new ones or did you somehow trade in your 10C tix for better seats? 
    Bought new ones twice and sold others. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,918
    Fuck Ed was talking to me during YLB and I couldn't fuckin hear. Goddamn loud music! 
    Sigh
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,918
    edited May 5
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    chitty said:
    chitty said:

Bought new ones twice and sold others. 
    Got it. Thanks
  • Options
    thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 381
    Also, I’m still blown away how good Ed sounds. I thought he might struggle on a few new songs but he nailed them. Compare him to axel rose or most other 60 year old rock singers and it’s almost unbelievable. We are lucky. 
    That has struck me in the clips I’ve seen too, he’s in fine voice.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    edited May 5
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    nicknyr15 said:
    In the clip you linked to, you can actually here the CLANG of the note as he stepped off the stage. I was looking right at him as this happened and it was genuinely scary. It was a sincere relief to see that he seemed none the worse for wear once he was helped back up on the stage. I really thought he could have broken or severely sprained an ankle.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,530
    TT98 said:
    Congratulations! :clap: Got mine at my fourth show :tongue:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024