*** VANCOUVER 1 - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 70
    100 Pacer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Ed fell?

Nope, Mike did. And it was a guitar tech or someone who dragged him back up on the stage, not Jeff. Mike was fine!
    Mike wasn’t fine. Jeff turned to him and asked if he was ok and Mike answered no. He wasn’t the same from that point onward - he was hurt.
    100 percent. I was side stage mike and after the fall he wasn’t the same as so far as interacting with the crowd. Still played phenomenal though. 
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    Can someone please cover Mike in bubble wrap!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 857
    Was Boom there?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    JT167846 said:
    Was Boom there?
    Yes but not really featured at all 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Awesome show. The new material sounded so much better than I assumed the first show of the tour would sound. Can’t wait for Monday! 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    100 Pacer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Ed fell?

Nope, Mike did. And it was a guitar tech or someone who dragged him back up on the stage, not Jeff. Mike was fine!
    Mike wasn’t fine. Jeff turned to him and asked if he was ok and Mike answered no. He wasn’t the same from that point onward - he was hurt.

Oh, well that sucks. I didn't notice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 945

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    100 Pacer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Ed fell?

How do you know what Jeff asked? Could have been „Are you hurt?“ instead of „Are you okay?“.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    edited May 5
    I mean, I watched the footage. Mike didn't even stop playing when he fell off or while he was dragged back up, lol, which is just amazing... frankly, it doesn't look to me like he was hurt, or if he was, I think it was probably pretty minor. I could be wrong obviously, but seeing it live and on the video, he looked okay to me. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    PJ_Soul said:
    I mean, I watched the footage. Mike didn't even stop playing when he fell off or while he was dragged back up, lol, which is just amazing... frankly, it doesn't look to me like he was hurt, or if he was, I think it was probably pretty minor. I could be wring obviously, but seeing it live and on the video, he looked okay to me. 
    Same impression on me looking at the video. Jeff isn‘t even talking to him between the fall and them leaving the stage after Porch.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,083
    No Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado, Backspacer, Lightning Bolt, or Gigaton songs. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    I absolutely LOVE the new album. No skips for me. I do feel like they should split it though over two nights. 22-25 songs a night , 9 is too many. A lot of albums got completely skipped. I don’t mind ditching gigaton but 1 from vitalogy and nothing from binaural -lb…. I’m probably just splitting hairs at this point though. It would also do wonders to change up the ending. Setting sun is fucking awesome and worked as a closer but use alive as a main set closer every now and then and put literally anything else from ten in that spot. Just to spice it up. 

I wasn’t there, not complaining, I just love dissecting and discussing setlists. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,000
    JojoRice said:
    No Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado, Backspacer, Lightning Bolt, or Gigaton songs. 
    Tomorrow’s set list could be interesting! 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,182
    edited May 5
    The setlists jumped the shark when Ed started calligraphy.
    Still really fun to follow along.
    Just a little jealous...

Have fun all!
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,720
    nicknyr15 said:
    I absolutely LOVE the new album. No skips for me. I do feel like they should split it though over two nights. 22-25 songs a night , 9 is too many. A lot of albums got completely skipped. I don’t mind ditching gigaton but 1 from vitalogy and nothing from binaural -lb…. I’m probably just splitting hairs at this point though. It would also do wonders to change up the ending. Setting sun is fucking awesome and worked as a closer but use alive as a main set closer every now and then and put literally anything else from ten in that spot. Just to spice it up. 

I wasn’t there, not complaining, I just love dissecting and discussing setlists. 
    Agreed. But I would Alive somewhere in the middle of the first set, just to mess with people. Kinda like when they played Porch early at MSG. No need to take Alive out, just mix it up!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    What song did Mike fall during?  Hope he’s ok 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454
    If @100 Pacer is concerned, we should all be sending good vibes to Mike. One of a few with reliable band (and crowd) awareness.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    nicknyr15 said:

As a guy who prefers their more established
    material, I was dreading but mentally ready for  the possibility of 6 new album songs.  9 was a lot. That being said there’s still nowhere I’d rather have been last night.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    yosi said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Agreed. But I would Alive somewhere in the middle of the first set, just to mess with people. Kinda like when they played Porch early at MSG. No need to take Alive out, just mix it up!
    Absolutely! Just playing porch in the number 5? Spot at msg completely changed the energy for the song. It was insane. I’m not saying cut Alive, just shake it up! And while we’re at it 

OPEN WITH YL AT MSG!! 
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    What song did Mike fall during?  Hope he’s ok 
    He fell during Porch. I was looking over to that side because you can only watch Ed dad dance for so long during the instrumental. Major props to Mike and the rest of the band, because unless you were watching you couldn't tell anything had happened.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Also after 23 shows that was my first one without Evenflow. :open_mouth: 
    Different flow to the setlist which was nice(mostly for the left knee). Great to see the energy last night, can't wait for Monday!

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 126
    edited May 5

Post edited by Andy Dick on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,918
    Spunkie said:
    x
    Well done tish I hope it was a beautiful experience 
    I had my hometown girlfriend in the merch line at 8:00 a.m. and we picked you up a little something. Thanks for your gorgeous pre-party listening shirt! I loved wearing it last night. The guy behind me was from Manchester and he kept singing so wonderfully and had such a good vibe about him.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    LaFleur said:
    Go Animal said:
    I predict 8 DM songs tonight. We're sitting at 6.
    Pretty cool.  Gigaton shoulda got same love though.
    There were eight Gigaton songs played in San Diego on the opening night of the 2022 tour.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    nicknyr15 said:

As a guy who prefers their more established
    material, I was dreading but mentally ready for  the possibility of 6 new album songs.  9 was a lot. That being said there’s still nowhere I’d rather have been last night.  
    Well, you establish songs by playing them.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,500
    @Spunkie wow that's very kind.
    How cool to meet a manc there. I wonder who he was
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,918
    Andrew

• Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,229
    Spunkie said:

Congratulations 🎊  it's beautiful 
  • Options
    chelseapj1chelseapj1 Posts: 16
    edited May 5
    Post edited by chelseapj1 on
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    He carried on well but I'm not as old as him and I know for sure that hurt like hell.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16