Options

Ticket Drop - Check Your Email!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ianjonesianjones Posts: 2
    Don’t mean to be a negative nelly.  However…

I have been watching the Portland show very closely as I am trying to grab 2 GA tickets.  They keep releasing better and better seats for lower and lower prices.  Right now a chunk of awesome seats just came up.  Going through the seating map it’s all over the board on what people paid.  Two people will be sitting next to each other with one person having paid $500 more for their seat.  The majority of people could have gotten way better tickets by waiting instead of buying early.

I would imagine many people will feel taken advantage of for good reason.  I can’t imagine this is a good long term strategy for a band that depends so much on super fans traveling to multiple shows.  So many great seats that could have gone to 10 club.  

For concerts we as consumers should be able to see the entire seating map, what’s sold, what’s for sale and more importantly what’s being held back.  We can then make a more educated decision on a purchase.  

My two cents!  Love the new album!
  • Options
    mackenzi25mackenzi25 Posts: 16
    ianjones said:
    Don’t mean to be a negative nelly.  However…

I have been watching the Portland show very closely as I am trying to grab 2 GA tickets.  They keep releasing better and better seats for lower and lower prices.  Right now a chunk of awesome seats just came up.  Going through the seating map it’s all over the board on what people paid.  Two people will be sitting next to each other with one person having paid $500 more for their seat.  The majority of people could have gotten way better tickets by waiting instead of buying early.

I would imagine many people will feel taken advantage of for good reason.  I can’t imagine this is a good long term strategy for a band that depends so much on super fans traveling to multiple shows.  So many great seats that could have gone to 10 club.  

For concerts we as consumers should be able to see the entire seating map, what’s sold, what’s for sale and more importantly what’s being held back.  We can then make a more educated decision on a purchase.  

My two cents!  Love the new album!
    I made the mistake for Portland moving up from section 121 to 122. Now can't move my section 121 tickets at face value $193 each. Last time I did this for Austin, the minute lower level tickets were listed they sold. Hopefully thing move soon. Would be happy to drop the price but not allowed. People trying to sell for over $222 for Portland likely not to have much luck moving tickets.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    edited May 5
    It's insane how many tickets are available for Portland this morning (5/5) - for those of you-in-the-know, do you think the same thing will happen with the east coast shows? 
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,487
    DeLukin said:
    It's insane how many tickets are available for Portland this morning (5/5) - for those of you-in-the-know, do you think the same thing will happen with the east coast shows? 
    I doubt it.  Maybe some for Fenway since it’s pretty big but the Boston area is a huge fan base for the band. So I don’t think it will be much like what we’re seeing out west. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore