Options

Ticket Drop - Check Your Email!

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    U2SJ said:
    Portland already says there's no more seats available for this offer
    Yeah, I was logged in when the offer hit my email and only saw one seat in Sec 111 available

I managed to grab this one at face value for Portland, pretty happy with that.

Pretty happy? lol 

• Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 620
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Hope we see something similar in the fall. 
    The Northeast shows will be harder. Basically, what happened here for these May shows is they held a significant number of tickets to be sold as Platinum but the market has collapsed so now they need to get rid of them. That's especially the case in LA. 
    Yep. I got tickets for Seattle 2 — had been shut out for all the earlier sales — lower bowl side seats very similar to what I’d normally expect to get as fan club seats. There were a LOT of similar seats available. Meanwhile, on one hand I went 12/15 in the lottery, on the other hand nearly all of the seats ended up being at the back of the floor.

I don’t think this is exclusive to PJ; it seems to be a new TM tactic. I entered a fan club presale for another artist and the available “exclusive access” tickets were the worst seats in the venue. I think they’re gambling that they can take scalpers’ profits for themselves by using “surge pricing” to control access to the best seats. 
    What section were Seattles in.  Of course I was in a meeting and missed these too.
  • Options
    Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    edited April 30
    Luckytwn1 said:
    This is a nice offer to 10C members but it also means that at shows that haven't been selling so great like LA, they now sold 10C members much worse seats than lower numbers have received in the past and now you're going to have to get rid of your first set, which is going to be very difficult, if you upgrade. And these are still first level seats halfway back and further. They are still definitely holding large amounts of prime seats by the stage that will be released later.
    Agree.  Still seats available closer on the wings, but releasing those at this time would have made it more difficult to sell these additional mid to further back wing seats.  

The TM strategy has been to gin up demand prior to onsale, then release the less desired tickets for sale (including 10c seats) with scattered other seats at premium prices.  It makes complete sense from a maximize revenue at the expense of your customer perspective.  They sellout the back of the arena and Upper decks first for the most part, then slowly release the bulk of better seats as the date gets closer, tempting those to upgrade along the way and either sell or eat their lesser tickets when they can't find a buyer. Helps earn revenue on the lesser seats while the better seats will still sell eventually, worst case scenario (for TM) at face.

That's the way the game is played now, even though you won't hear it from bands or TM. 

Post edited by Hurls15 on
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Northeast shows will be harder. Basically, what happened here for these May shows is they held a significant number of tickets to be sold as Platinum but the market has collapsed so now they need to get rid of them. That's especially the case in LA. 
    Yep. I got tickets for Seattle 2 — had been shut out for all the earlier sales — lower bowl side seats very similar to what I’d normally expect to get as fan club seats. There were a LOT of similar seats available. Meanwhile, on one hand I went 12/15 in the lottery, on the other hand nearly all of the seats ended up being at the back of the floor.

I don’t think this is exclusive to PJ; it seems to be a new TM tactic. I entered a fan club presale for another artist and the available “exclusive access” tickets were the worst seats in the venue. I think they’re gambling that they can take scalpers’ profits for themselves by using “surge pricing” to control access to the best seats. 
    What section were Seattles in.  Of course I was in a meeting and missed these too.
     15 and 26 plus back lowers. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,370
    PJNB said:
    bootleg said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JimmyV said:

Mine are in 15.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,080
    PJNB said:
    bootleg said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JimmyV said:

I grabbed 26 for Night 1 and 24 for Night 2. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I feel like this is more complicated than it needs to be. I don’t see 10c offer tickets for either Seattle or Portland. Plenty of face value resale but nothing listed as special offer needing the code. Do others see that some are available?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    edited April 30
    PJINFLA said:
    Yet another slap in the face from the 10club. They act like they are doing 10c members a favor when the reality is these tickets should have been included in the lottery to begin with. So longtime members get our seats pushed much further back in the lottery selection or get shut out all together while others get randomly rewarded with this drop.
    Ridiculous!

This is not necessarily true because we never received an answer why so many won three or four shows to the very difficult to obtain tickets in the northeast.

Many have guessed that one good lottery draw got 10 club members into every or most shows they requested. So under that logic- todays tickets reallocated to original lottery wouldn't get more members into shows- if you had a good lottery you would just get an additional show.

So doing it this way under that logic is much better. 

Also this is a reason why it would be so much better if they just told us how they do the lotteries so it's fair and obvious to all what we are paying for with fan club membership

Edit , I see you're more interested in seat location than getting more members in the shows. But a lot of these tickets today are in the rear floor section
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    strangespotintheskystrangespotinthesky Pittsburgh Posts: 34
    KDH12 said:
    I feel like this is more complicated than it needs to be. I don’t see 10c offer tickets for either Seattle or Portland. Plenty of face value resale but nothing listed as special offer needing the code. Do others see that some are available?
    Seattle gone in about an hour then they removed the Unlock Code button.
    Pitt '98 - Pitt '00 - Pitt '03 - State College '03 - Hershey '03 - Toledo '04 - Pitt '05 - Philly '05 - Cleveland '06 - Pitt '06 - Cinci '06 - Bonnaroo '08 - MSG I '08 - MSG II '08
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,223
    KDH12 said:

All the new 10 club seats got bought up pretty quickly for Seattle
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,080
    KDH12 said:
    The Seattle tickets for both shows were gone within 10-15 minutes. They were in sections 15, 20, 21, and 26 for the most part. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 261
    Did all 10C members get these emails or only those that initially put in for those tickets and lost?
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    So glad I wasn't the only confused when I didn't see unlock options for anything in the East 🤣.
    Hopefully they'll open up those closer to the shows. 
    Unfortunately those lower priced Philly 2 tickets seem to be selling much better with the new price. In the Northeast we never win, unless we view $402 as a bargain
  • Options
    Ahh. I also get this screen which is clearly wrong because there are no filets on, cleared them all, and as indicated by the blue there are lots of seats 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    LC said:
    Did all 10C members get these emails or only those that initially put in for those tickets and lost?
    Pretty sure all. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    AndySlash said:
    LaFleur said:
    not related to the 10c offer just now, but 2 GA for LV N1 available for decent price. 
    how much is considered decent?

unique codes sure would have been nice instead of a catch-all.
    They were $225 i think. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    LaFleur said:
    AndySlash said:
    LaFleur said:
    not related to the 10c offer just now, but 2 GA for LV N1 available for decent price. 
    how much is considered decent?

unique codes sure would have been nice instead of a catch-all.
    They were $225 i think. 
    There is a glitch going on with some of the ticket prices it seems. 
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited April 30
    Typically these would go to the general public, so nice to see these went to the 10 club instead.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    locked said:
    I couldn’t find the “unlock” to save my life !
    better instructions would have helped !

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Also if you are looking for tickets as I am, for Portland at least, waiting will work to your advantage. These premium tickets have gone from $300+, to $290, to $250 and now are $220. Will be under 2 by the end of the week. 
  • Options
    KDH12 said:
    Also if you are looking for tickets as I am, for Portland at least, waiting will work to your advantage. These premium tickets have gone from $300+, to $290, to $250 and now are $220. Will be under 2 by the end of the week. 
    Yeah, TM will sell out the shows even if that means lowering prices to the $150 range.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Live in Canada, was able to upgrade my Vegas tickets. Went to sell tickets. Can only sell cross border with an American bank account.

Did I just eat the price of 2 pairs of tickets? Thoughts, Ideas, Experiences?

Thanks.

My only thought is worse comes to worse, I could meet people and sell them and they enter with us? Or donate to Ten Club pre party and then they enter with us? 

I am really short on money if I just ate that cost. Obviously wouldnt have upgraded had I known about this policy of no cross border sales.

Thanks in advance.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    Live in Canada, was able to upgrade my Vegas tickets. Went to sell tickets. Can only sell cross border with an American bank account.

Did I just eat the price of 2 pairs of tickets? Thoughts, Ideas, Experiences?

Thanks.

My only thought is worse comes to worse, I could meet people and sell them and they enter with us? Or donate to Ten Club pre party and then they enter with us? 

I am really short on money if I just ate that cost. Obviously wouldnt have upgraded had I known about this policy of no cross border sales.

Thanks in advance.
    Look up Wise account. 
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,499
    KDH12 said:
    Yeah, TM will sell out the shows even if that means lowering prices to the $150 range.
    Springsteen show in Houston last year had tickets for a couple of bucks. 
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835
    edited April 30

Missed the ticket drop completely, but lucked into these face value standard price beauties for Portland, major upgrade from section 116.  =)
    Pretty stoked. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    KV4053 said:
    KDH12 said:
    Springsteen show in Houston last year had tickets for a couple of bucks. 
    Jeez! Score! More bodies, more opportunities for merchandise and food/drink sales!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    PJINFLA said:
    Yet another slap in the face from the 10club. They act like they are doing 10c members a favor when the reality is these tickets should have been included in the lottery to begin with. So longtime members get our seats pushed much further back in the lottery selection or get shut out all together while others get randomly rewarded with this drop.
    Ridiculous!
    It’s part of the deal they had to make with ticketmaster. The band wanted a large number of 10c tickets held back, so ticketmaster says sure, but we’re holding these good seats back for our own to sell at premium pricing (hoping to maximize profit due to high demand). Since demand wasn’t enough for people to pay that high of a price, now they’re releasing them. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    PJNB said:
    U2SJ said:
    Portland already says there's no more seats available for this offer
    Yeah, I was logged in when the offer hit my email and only saw one seat in Sec 111 available

I managed to grab this one at face value for Portland, pretty happy with that.

Pretty happy? lol 

I know. That’s probably a sub 100k 10c number section
  • Options
    PJINFLA said:
    Ridiculous!
    It’s part of the deal they had to make with ticketmaster. The band wanted a large number of 10c tickets held back, so ticketmaster says sure, but we’re holding these good seats back for our own to sell at premium pricing (hoping to maximize profit due to high demand). Since demand wasn’t enough for people to pay that high of a price, now they’re releasing them. 
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Although I’m thinking that these probably would sell easily for $50 above regular pricing. 
  • Options
    EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 245
    I do think that, despite all the challenges/issues with ticket sales this tour, F2F is still living up to its promise. 

Even with fewer F2F tickets being available, and most good ones being snatched up immediately (either because of bots or demand outstripping the artificially reduced supply), people have learned that the potential for good F2F seats is enough of a reason not to buy PJ Premium. 

So many posts here have echoed the “don’t buy premium” refrain, and that seems to have had the desired effect.  If fans say no to inflated prices caused by artificial supply constraints, TM will relent. I feel like this 2nd chance 10c sale was a small victory for sanity and fair play.

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)