Options

Ticket Drop - Check Your Email!

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    EH14457 said:
    I do think that, despite all the challenges/issues with ticket sales this tour, F2F is still living up to its promise. 

Even with fewer F2F tickets being available, and most good ones being snatched up immediately (either because of bots or demand outstripping the artificially reduced supply), people have learned that the potential for good F2F seats is enough of a reason not to buy PJ Premium. 

So many posts here have echoed the “don’t buy premium” refrain, and that seems to have had the desired effect.  If fans say no to inflated prices caused by artificial supply constraints, TM will relent. I feel like this 2nd chance 10c sale was a small victory for sanity and fair play.
    I think the other thing, is peoples brains are catching up to how TM operates now.  Most of us grew up in the environment where it was buy tickets, buy them right away, or you have to deal with reseller prices.   Now it's a game of chicken with ticketmaster and more often than not, it pays off to buy your tickets shortly before the show.

I imagine the longer this goes on, the more peoples behaviors are going to change.  Breaking the decades long habits of buying tickets immediately.
  • Options
    mickcaseymickcasey Posts: 94
    tix to indy are still outrageous.  
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    You know, the learning experience from all this should be that the band tour California less in the future cause there clearly isn't really a high demand for them there, but I have a feeling that won't happen. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Interesting new screen for MSG
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    EH14457 said:
    I do think that, despite all the challenges/issues with ticket sales this tour, F2F is still living up to its promise. 

Even with fewer F2F tickets being available, and most good ones being snatched up immediately (either because of bots or demand outstripping the artificially reduced supply), people have learned that the potential for good F2F seats is enough of a reason not to buy PJ Premium. 

So many posts here have echoed the “don’t buy premium” refrain, and that seems to have had the desired effect.  If fans say no to inflated prices caused by artificial supply constraints, TM will relent. I feel like this 2nd chance 10c sale was a small victory for sanity and fair play.
    Since you mentioned the excellent advice of those who said "don't buy premium", look at the poor folks who did and are trying to sell their tickets.  There are $900+ tickets on the floor for some of these venues that people are trying to sell.  Those people cannot lower that price.  They will end up eating $1800+ because they can't adjust the price of their tickets downward.  Just an extremely high price to pay for buying tickets that you can no longer use.
    Gorge
  • Options
    mackenzi25mackenzi25 Posts: 16
    Just dropped 2 for Portland, section 121 row M
  • Options
    contestwin99contestwin99 Posts: 110
    mickcasey said:
    tix to indy are still outrageous.  
    That they definitely are. Thankfully I held onto mine from last year (2 pairs in the lower pavilion) but still hoping to upgrade my remaining two lawn seats before August.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    Well, hell, this drop allowed me to pick up some Van night 2 tix, which I wasn't planning on going to cuz of the Pipsqueak/mommy priority. Hip, hip, hooray!
  • Options
    hobowithagrinhobowithagrin Posts: 114
    I scored a big upgrade for Vancouver night one, went from row 26 floor (after pit) to row 10 side section closest to stage. Same price and my other tix already sold via fan to fan.

Thanks Ten Club!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    Spunkie said:
    Well, hell, this drop allowed me to pick up some Van night 2 tix, which I wasn't planning on going to cuz of the Pipsqueak/mommy priority. Hip, hip, hooray!
    Glad you were able to rebalance your priorities 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    EH14457 said:

Since you mentioned the excellent advice of those who said "don't buy premium", look at the poor folks who did and are trying to sell their tickets.  There are $900+ tickets on the floor for some of these venues that people are trying to sell.  Those people cannot lower that price.  They will end up eating $1800+ because they can't adjust the price of their tickets downward.  Just an extremely high price to pay for buying tickets that you can no longer use.
    I mean if you're going to spend $700 to $900 on a ticket, you better be absolutely confident you can go, because it's going to be hard to resell them :(
  • Options
    Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Zod said:
    EH14457 said:

I mean if you're going to spend $700 to $900 on a ticket, you better be absolutely confident you can go, because it's going to be hard to resell them :(
    I wonder what % of those up for resale were purchased by people intending to buy $900 tickets, and those purchased in a rush followed by the sinking feeling of 'oh no what have I done'... 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,190
    Hurls15 said:
    Zod said:
    EH14457 said:

I wonder what % of those up for resale were purchased by people intending to buy $900 tickets, and those purchased in a rush followed by the sinking feeling of 'oh no what have I done'... 
    I accidentally bought crazy priced tickets (like $700 and $900 each) not once but twice in a refresh frenzy  but thankfully sold them
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    deb1211 said:
    Hurls15 said:
    Zod said:
    EH14457 said:

I accidentally bought crazy priced tickets (like $700 and $900 each) not once but twice in a refresh frenzy  but thankfully sold them
    Yikes!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I can’t even imagine spending $900 on a ticket accidentally because I don’t even want to spend $200 intentionally 
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    EH14457 said:

We need an * on comments like this, as It’s a tale of two cities. In the NE indoor shows, premium may be the only option. Those dozens of “bargain basement priced” Philly tickets at $402 are almost all gone in about one day. And the next batch will probably be back up to the good old $498 or $574 prices that was common for the prior two months.

talk about creating demand by generating FOMO by listing for an absurd price, then drop it a little and then still sell at more than double face. The band is leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table by not satisfying NE demand, and instead doing a Desaster Tour. I wonder if the promoters will ever bring that up to them,,,hey guys you could sellout 20 shows on the east coast for an average price of at least $275, do the math. Ugh.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,190
    KDH12 said:
    I can’t even imagine spending $900 on a ticket accidentally because I don’t even want to spend $200 intentionally 
    The 900 ones sold in like an hour so my panic there was limited. The $700 ones took a few days so I was freaking out a bit 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 902
    While not reading every comment. I’m surprised by the amount of negative ones. I missed out on every show I entered for. Scored 1 show on F2F but had been struggling to get tickets. Yeah it would’ve been nice if these seats were a part of the lottery to begin with, but they weren’t. Tough shit. Tickets opened up and 10c wanted to give us first crack. No reason for them to actually do that, but they did and my girlfriend and I are in both Seattle shows with pretty dang good seats. I’m happy, thank you 10c. Was on the fence about renewal, they got at least another tour out of my membership. Thank you 10c!
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,993
    tylerj said:
    You know, the learning experience from all this should be that the band tour California less in the future cause there clearly isn't really a high demand for them there, but I have a feeling that won't happen. 
    😂🤣😂
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    While not reading every comment. I’m surprised by the amount of negative ones. I missed out on every show I entered for. Scored 1 show on F2F but had been struggling to get tickets. Yeah it would’ve been nice if these seats were a part of the lottery to begin with, but they weren’t. Tough shit. Tickets opened up and 10c wanted to give us first crack. No reason for them to actually do that, but they did and my girlfriend and I are in both Seattle shows with pretty dang good seats. I’m happy, thank you 10c. Was on the fence about renewal, they got at least another tour out of my membership. Thank you 10c!
    Awesome!
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    PJNB said:
    Live in Canada, was able to upgrade my Vegas tickets. Went to sell tickets. Can only sell cross border with an American bank account.

Did I just eat the price of 2 pairs of tickets? Thoughts, Ideas, Experiences?

Thanks.

My only thought is worse comes to worse, I could meet people and sell them and they enter with us? Or donate to Ten Club pre party and then they enter with us? 

I am really short on money if I just ate that cost. Obviously wouldnt have upgraded had I known about this policy of no cross border sales.

Thanks in advance.
    Look up Wise account. 
    Was suggested to me by another friend too. Thanks. Account acquired and tickets listed. Here's hoping they go. Appreciate it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,222
    Spunkie said:
    So take the little one with you?😁
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    edited May 1
    This guy gets it!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    edited May 1
    There was absolutely a reason to offer them to the 10C. They need to move tickets. The west coast markets are not a hot ticket and promoters hold back many tickets these days to release as premium. In a place like MSG, that will still work but with the market collapsing for the May shows and the shows fast approaching, they need to blow these tickets out. As I said yesterday, for many 10C members who upgraded, they will be eating their original tickets, especially since they can only be sold via F2F. Otherwise, people would drop the price below face value. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Luckytwn1 said:
    There was absolutely a reason to offer them to the 10C. They need to move tickets. The west coast markets are not a hot ticket and promoters hold back many tickets these days to release as premium. In a place like MSG, that will still work but with the market collapsing for the May shows and the shows fast approaching, they need to blow these tickets out. As I said yesterday, for many 10C members who upgraded, they will be eating their original tickets, especially since they can only be sold via F2F. Otherwise, people would drop the price below face value. 
    Only buy tickets if you intend to use them.  The ten club makes this pretty clear.  Upgrading was a risky move even before this year.  

Maybe people will stop buying tickets they don’t intend to use and there will be more available for others. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,179
    Tons of great seats for Vegas Sat night were up and the good prices! it will show a lock then enter the pw
    bummed I missed them. Would've liked to upgrade my seats for Saturday
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    edited May 1
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Only buy tickets if you intend to use them.  The ten club makes this pretty clear.  Upgrading was a risky move even before this year.  

Maybe people will stop buying tickets they don’t intend to use and there will be more available for others. 
    Did you read the email? They raised the limits on tickets you can purchase to 6. They did that because they need 10C members to buy tickets and in this case, the more they buy the better. The idea of people buying tickets they don’t intend to use is only a problem for fans in markets with high demand where the tickets are worth more than face. The band does not want unsold tickets.

In LA for example, there would just be that many more unsold tickets. I love the 10C. Been a member since 1994 and overall, they do a magnificent job but I also know a lot about ticketing and this year’s process has some real issues. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

Did you read the email? They raised the limits on tickets you can purchase to 6. They did that because they need 10C members to buy tickets and in this case, the more they buy the better. The idea of people buying tickets they don’t intend to use is only a problem for fans in markets with high demand where the tickets are worth more than face. The band does not want unsold tickets.

In LA for example, there would just be that many more unsold tickets. I love the 10C. Been a member since 1994 and overall, they do a magnificent job but I also know a lot about ticketing and this year’s process has some real issues. 
    I’m addressing your comment that people will be eating their original tickets.  Upgrade at your own risk.  This is a lesson we learned before this tour.  

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

To fans in the east, the bolded part, although accurate, is just a slap in the face. But ok, don’t buy premium. To those that type that on here, you’re basically saying “don’t bother trying to see PJ”

and what does the band do…add two more west coast dates. Those two LA forum dates could have easily been in the NE
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,370
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

I don’t know a lot about ticketing. I do know that I’ve seen the same issue with another fan club presale — for some reason, only the worst seats are available in the presale. So I’m more inclined to blame TM than 10C for this.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.