Ticket Drop - Check Your Email!

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    While not reading every comment. I’m surprised by the amount of negative ones. I missed out on every show I entered for. Scored 1 show on F2F but had been struggling to get tickets. Yeah it would’ve been nice if these seats were a part of the lottery to begin with, but they weren’t. Tough shit. Tickets opened up and 10c wanted to give us first crack. No reason for them to actually do that, but they did and my girlfriend and I are in both Seattle shows with pretty dang good seats. I’m happy, thank you 10c. Was on the fence about renewal, they got at least another tour out of my membership. Thank you 10c!
    There was absolutely a reason to offer them to the 10C. They need to move tickets. The west coast markets are not a hot ticket and promoters hold back many tickets these days to release as premium. In a place like MSG, that will still work but with the market collapsing for the May shows and the shows fast approaching, they need to blow these tickets out. As I said yesterday, for many 10C members who upgraded, they will be eating their original tickets, especially since they can only be sold via F2F. Otherwise, people would drop the price below face value. 
    Only buy tickets if you intend to use them.  The ten club makes this pretty clear.  Upgrading was a risky move even before this year.  

Maybe people will stop buying tickets they don’t intend to use and there will be more available for others. 
    Did you read the email? They raised the limits on tickets you can purchase to 6. They did that because they need 10C members to buy tickets and in this case, the more they buy the better. The idea of people buying tickets they don’t intend to use is only a problem for fans in markets with high demand where the tickets are worth more than face. The band does not want unsold tickets.

In LA for example, there would just be that many more unsold tickets. I love the 10C. Been a member since 1994 and overall, they do a magnificent job but I also know a lot about ticketing and this year’s process has some real issues. 
    To fans in the east, the bolded part, although accurate, is just a slap in the face. But ok, don’t buy premium. To those that type that on here, you’re basically saying “don’t bother trying to see PJ”

and what does the band do…add two more west coast dates. Those two LA forum dates could have easily been in the NE
    Ed lives here. They have many friends here. They like to play here. The Forum is a tremendous venue. It doesn't have to be a zero-sum game. There may be other reasons why they don't book more shows in the northeast.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 511
    edited May 2
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    While not reading every comment. I’m surprised by the amount of negative ones. I missed out on every show I entered for. Scored 1 show on F2F but had been struggling to get tickets. Yeah it would’ve been nice if these seats were a part of the lottery to begin with, but they weren’t. Tough shit. Tickets opened up and 10c wanted to give us first crack. No reason for them to actually do that, but they did and my girlfriend and I are in both Seattle shows with pretty dang good seats. I’m happy, thank you 10c. Was on the fence about renewal, they got at least another tour out of my membership. Thank you 10c!
    There was absolutely a reason to offer them to the 10C. They need to move tickets. The west coast markets are not a hot ticket and promoters hold back many tickets these days to release as premium. In a place like MSG, that will still work but with the market collapsing for the May shows and the shows fast approaching, they need to blow these tickets out. As I said yesterday, for many 10C members who upgraded, they will be eating their original tickets, especially since they can only be sold via F2F. Otherwise, people would drop the price below face value. 
    Only buy tickets if you intend to use them.  The ten club makes this pretty clear.  Upgrading was a risky move even before this year.  

Maybe people will stop buying tickets they don’t intend to use and there will be more available for others. 
    Did you read the email? They raised the limits on tickets you can purchase to 6. They did that because they need 10C members to buy tickets and in this case, the more they buy the better. The idea of people buying tickets they don’t intend to use is only a problem for fans in markets with high demand where the tickets are worth more than face. The band does not want unsold tickets.

In LA for example, there would just be that many more unsold tickets. I love the 10C. Been a member since 1994 and overall, they do a magnificent job but I also know a lot about ticketing and this year’s process has some real issues. 
    I don’t know a lot about ticketing. I do know that I’ve seen the same issue with another fan club presale — for some reason, only the worst seats are available in the presale. So I’m more inclined to blame TM than 10C for this.
    As I mentioned above, I have been a member of the 10C since 1994. 10C has had the best seats for every show on every tour for 3 decades before this one. I don't know how many times we can say it, the act involved, which is Pearl Jam, approves the ticketing plan and pricing. TM follows the instructions of the band and promoter. The reason why this tour is different from all previous is because promoters are demanding more tickets to be used for premium ticketing to help cover the guarantee being paid to the act. So in NY and LA, for example, members with low numbers have vastly different seats on this tour than EVERY other show played from 1998 to 2022.

In the case of the west coast, there is low demand and they have been unable to sell the premium tickets at a high price. As a result, they have dropped prices by a huge amount. Now with the show approaching, they need to get rid of those tickets plus also all the additional tickets they held back, which had the show been hot would come out also as PJ Premium. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
    edited May 2
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

I’m addressing your comment that people will be eating their original tickets.  Upgrade at your own risk.  This is a lesson we learned before this tour.  
    Obviously people are going to upgrade. That was the whole point of the email offer and more importantly, the provision lifting the ticket limit. The biggest problem of the whole system is the fact that Fan2 Fan won't allow you to price below face. They are restricting the pricing in an unfair way but of course, by controlling the floor on pricing, that is very advantageous to the band and promoter. The fact they won't even let Premium buyers who need to get rid of the tickets drop their price is just flat out wrong and unfair to fans.
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • mackenzi25mackenzi25 Posts: 16
    Upgraded seats for Portland but old ones that are lower bowl are sitting. TM premium are $30 more for even better seats. Shocked all these seats are going like crazy. Tons of upper level seats still out there seem unlikely to sell. 

Does anyone know if you can you list on Stub Hub or Seat Geek for under face value?
  • hobowithagrinhobowithagrin Posts: 114
    edited May 2
    I scored a big upgrade for Vancouver night one, went from row 26 floor (after pit) to row 10 side section closest to stage. Same price and my other tix already sold via fan to fan.

Thanks Ten Club!
    Just a FYI they released some more for Vancouver at least, was able to upgrade another 8 rows, now row 2 in same section and have already sold my other ones. Stoked as would be my best ever pj tix!

Thanks again Ten Club!
    Post edited by hobowithagrin on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,926
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

I’m addressing your comment that people will be eating their original tickets.  Upgrade at your own risk.  This is a lesson we learned before this tour.  
    Obviously people are going to upgrade. That was the whole point of the email offer and more importantly, the provision lifting the ticket limit. The biggest problem of the whole system is the fact that Fan2 Fan won't allow you to price below face. They are restricting the pricing in an unfair way but of course, by controlling the floor on pricing, that is very advantageous to the band and promoter. The fact they won't even let Premium buyers who need to get rid of the tickets drop their price is just flat out wrong and unfair to fans.
    We all know it’s unfair.  And we knew you couldn’t drop the price on tickets from prior tours.  Which is why I’m saying upgrade at your own risk.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Upgraded seats for Portland but old ones that are lower bowl are sitting. TM premium are $30 more for even better seats. Shocked all these seats are going like crazy. Tons of upper level seats still out there seem unlikely to sell. 

Does anyone know if you can you list on Stub Hub or Seat Geek for under face value?
    You cannot because Pearl Jam has restricted resale solely to TM Fan2Fan. Brokers do have a way to get around that but the average fan does not.
  • marumarukomarumaruko Posts: 212

We all know it’s unfair.  And we knew you couldn’t drop the price on tickets from prior tours.  Which is why I’m saying upgrade at your own risk.  
    One calls it upgrade, I would call it buying new tickets and selling your previous ones separately - at risk.. 

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    edited May 2
    TM and PJ really don't give two shits if you sell your lesser pair. They already got you double dipping and their strategy of ticket drops is working as they intended. 

Moving forward learn from this and put in for 10C lottos with a better strategy. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Luckytwn1 said:

You cannot because Pearl Jam has restricted resale solely to TM Fan2Fan. Brokers do have a way to get around that but the average fan does not.
    Fan2Fan is close to being a net negative at this point
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,145
    Hoggin' tickets is a viable strategy until it ain't 
    PJNB said:
    TM and PJ really don't give two shits if you sell your lesser pair. They already got you double dipping and their strategy of ticket drops is working as they intended. 

Moving forward learn from this and put in for 10C lottos with a better strategy. 
    Well, that's an issue for people with higher numbers for sure. Certainly was never an issue before for anyone with a low number. The one really good thing they did this time was release the maps showing where the ticket allocation was. So that gave a big heads up for NY and LA that our seating locations would be different on this tour than the previous 3 decades. Based on the maps they released, I only put in for 1 ticket for each night in LA just hoping to get lucky with GA and knowing there was a high chance I would not be willing to sit in the seat I received and it could be hard to get rid of. Nor did I buy tickets in the sale the other day for the second show, which I still don't have a ticket for. 
    JBob87 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

It's not a matter of being close, it is flat out a huge negative and it has been since the first moment it was introduced. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JBob87 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

It's not a matter of being close, it is flat out a huge negative and it has been since the first moment it was introduced. 
    👆👆100% 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,145
    It's kinda funny/depressing when new, nearly full rows of platinum seats just appear
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,965
    Glad I'm out of the game. Would frustrate me. Then at the show...I'd be thinking 'I used to sit up there...'

• GW2553GW2553 Posts: 80
    Through VF I got 109 halfway down the section at MSG.  Better than a lot of 10c members with low #'s since that section wasn't even available.

• chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Sorry if posted elsewhere - but does anyone know when (or if) F2F will open for the Wrigley shows?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    chiefnjk said:
    Sorry if posted elsewhere - but does anyone know when (or if) F2F will open for the Wrigley shows?
    Nope- TM never seems to tell fans when F2F opens for a specific event
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 930
    chiefnjk said:
    Do they offer F2F in states where transfer is legal?  Since Chicago and New York are transferrable, they might not bother?
    Gorge
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    BF25394 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

To fans in the east, the bolded part, although accurate, is just a slap in the face. But ok, don’t buy premium. To those that type that on here, you’re basically saying “don’t bother trying to see PJ”

and what does the band do…add two more west coast dates. Those two LA forum dates could have easily been in the NE
    Ed lives here. They have many friends here. They like to play here. The Forum is a tremendous venue. It doesn't have to be a zero-sum game. There may be other reasons why they don't book more shows in the northeast.

Two points of touring seem the best, make some income and connect with the most fans possible. 

Another Two runs thru socal and the sea of empty sections (or BOGO ticket deals) in Euro and Oceania, while they could bank five mil  per show in the NE? There are businesses and promoters who will be financially hurt by the choices they made which may force their hand if they ever decide to tour again, but at least they used their working time to see some friends. It’s not like this hasn’t been going on for twelve years.
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    edited May 3
    Another sign you will never see a GA only option again. They sell a hell of a lot more tickets this way.  And many more people will buy them thinking worst case is they just dump them on F2F if they don't get GA.  But now that is flawed when in a low demand facility they start flooding the market with "PJ Premium" tix at face value that are scooped up by the same people who already bought ten club tix.  there is nobody to sell your original tix to because demand was already low and they aren't great seats.  Hence the rule allowing you to buy up to 6.  

this fan club is being played so hard it makes me sick.  it would be one thing if this was a free fan club but we pay money for this ticket benefit that really not longer exists outside of a slim chance at GA.  

My wife and I were both shut out of the lottery for both Vegas shows. if they really cared at all, these newly released tickets should have been offered first to people who didn't get selected in original lottery but fact is they don't give a shit, just sell tix.  
    Post edited by mcatake on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I agree, they really don't seem to give a shit anymore. I feel like I'd get better customer service at a 7-11 at this point, frankly. Oh well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 663
    mcatake said:
    Another sign you will never see a GA only option again. They sell a hell of a lot more tickets this way.  And many more people will buy them thinking worst case is they just dump them on F2F if they don't get GA.  But now that is flawed when in a low demand facility they start flooding the market with "PJ Premium" tix at face value that are scooped up by the same people who already bought ten club tix.  there is nobody to sell your original tix to because demand was already low and they aren't great seats.  Hence the rule allowing you to buy up to 6.  

this fan club is being played so hard it makes me sick.  it would be one thing if this was a free fan club but we pay money for this ticket benefit that really not longer exists outside of a slim chance at GA.  

My wife and I were both shut out of the lottery for both Vegas shows. if they really cared at all, these newly released tickets should have been offered first to people who didn't get selected in original lottery but fact is they don't give a shit, just sell tix.  
    I recall them taking measures such as this whereby if you scored in the lottery you were excluded from any future tickets that came available. I remember 2010 MSG I got a pair that way, 200 section but we were just happy to be in the building. Garden of Stone I believe as the password. 
  • P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 930
    Now that the 10C mini ticket drop is over, they have resumed dropping a fair amount of nice, premium seats for the Vancouver show tomorrow... 
    Gorge
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Now that the 10C mini ticket drop is over, they have resumed dropping a fair amount of nice, premium seats for the Vancouver show tomorrow... 
    Awful. Those will drop to affordable 1 hr before the show, or just remain unsold.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    The craziest thing to me is TM is still pushing premium after that drop with basically 33 hours to showtime.  When I scored Tool and RHCP tickets, they were down to $50 tickets at this point for unsold seats.  Got in bargain basement pricing. The promoter hasn't even slashed ticket prices. PJ should really look to find a new partner or enforce some form of ticketing strategy.  Clearly the market out west has spoken, it isn't the same hot ticket it was from 1992 thru 2018. 

Empty seats = no revenue.

The sad part is if they do slash prices tomorrow or later today then all the casual fans are going to have much better seats then a lot of 10c and that's kind of fucked up since 10c is a paid service.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    edited May 3
    chiefnjk said:
    Do they offer F2F in states where transfer is legal?  Since Chicago and New York are transferrable, they might not bother?
    Yes F2F is offered in states where transfers are legal.  F2F was open for the Chicago shows at the United Center last year.  Some people have been lucky enough to score some F2F tickets for NYC for this year already. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Still have room in your six ticket limit? PJ Premium may be right for you!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    The craziest thing to me is TM is still pushing premium after that drop with basically 33 hours to showtime.  When I scored Tool and RHCP tickets, they were down to $50 tickets at this point for unsold seats.  Got in bargain basement pricing. The promoter hasn't even slashed ticket prices. PJ should really look to find a new partner or enforce some form of ticketing strategy.  Clearly the market out west has spoken, it isn't the same hot ticket it was from 1992 thru 2018. 

Empty seats = no revenue.

The system is set up to maximize revenue. They are even willing to let some seats be open in that quest. It's simple math. Sell 500 tickets at $500, that's $250,000. You have to sell around 1500 tickets at base price to achieve the same revenue and once they go to discounted pricing, even more. So they are happy to try to sell the platinum tickets for as long as possible.