Options

Is Dark Matter a breakup album? (not the band)

2»

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,036
    I hear end of relationship in pretty much every song and so has every one i know who has listened. It's a sad lyric album
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I think theres so many things in the world that are threatening to end that could be influencing lyrics. I don't think this is about any personal relationship. Especially if it was recorded over a year ago.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,853
    Spunkie said:
    And there's like a reference to a secret (not the won't tell ones). This to me suggests extra-curricular marital affairs, like Sleeping by self. That would border

taboo, shameful topic etc and should not be but is cuz of the christianity construct of marriage versus people accepted as animals who just like to f@**

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    Wreckage is definitely about the ending of a relationship.  I can definitely see how other songs on the record could be interpreted that way as well but songs like Scared of Fear to me is more of Ed reflecting back to a time when his fellow musician friends were all alive.  I think Setting Sun also reflects back on that as well.  
    But I think people should keep in mind that half of this record was recorded 3 years ago before they start speculating....
    Dark Matter was recorded over 2 recording sessions.  The first in July 2021, the 2nd in March 2023.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,078
    Listened for the first time last night. All throughout the album I hear relationship issues with a significant other 🤷🏼‍♂️. It is definitely a dark/sad album lyrically 
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    I get the feeling it’s a reckoning with the reality that death is certain, and life is not.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 645
    URthekey said:
    I get the feeling it’s a reckoning with the reality that death is certain, and life is not.
    I think that is the most accurate and concise evaluation I have seen yet. Included in that context are relationship endings of all types.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 629
    Whether your wife leaves with the reaper or leaves with the milkman, you will never see her again 😉
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,656
    ^ not if you don't give a fuck who's wrong or right?