Options

Met Ed last night after the show!

13»

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    VOLITION wrote:
    I'm straight and all but i don't know, if Ed asked me??
    this thread should be a sticky!

sticky? gross ....
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    VOLITION wrote:
    Ed is really cool to his fans. I met him in the parking lot on the way back to my car long after a show ended. He was riding around on his moutain bike with Pete (security), i swear he was looking for fans to talk to.
    He pulled up and sat down on his bike had a smoke, we shared a Heineken. There was about ten other fans that eventually joined us, it was really low key and relaxed. He took an interest with every fan. I will never forget how his eyes would focus intently on you would you would converse with him
    I talked with him for over an hour. Classy guy!
    thanks for sharing your story.
    Hmmmmm... I wish I was there... but, unfortunatelly I guess, i wouldn't be equal to speak with Him, probably just sitting with my fallen jaw (correct?). Anyway, I wish I can see for myself
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    VOLITION wrote:
    LOL
    imagine if you passed out on him and pissed your pants. Talk about awkward.

haha yeah, now THAT would be an awkward moment for us both :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    laudenum wrote:
    he only comes up to my chin,so i'll bet ya he did : ) ....
    its wierd ya dont know where to look.
    hahahaha:):):) Well, we have to admit - U are bigger than Ed Vedder, U are new god
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    macci wrote:
    For some reason, I thought it was SOLAT.....???

It was SOLAT, and the fan who Ed wrote a pm to (long ago) has recently been kicked off the board for some reason. Too bad too, bc he was one of the funniest around.

This story has been on the board more than once. For what I can remember; the fan had posted the lyrics for SOLAT on the forum, but they were wrong. Ed wrote him a pm saying he was the friend of Eds brother (or something like that) and that he asked Ed about the right lyrics. So he gave the fan the right lyrics. The fan replies with: No, that's not right. So Ed said in an interview he would never be bothered with forums and stuff again.

Dont know if that last bit is true though.
    I would definitely lurk from time to time and maybe even write stuff to stir things up. But than again, I have too much time to waste :p

p.s. This thread is hilarious!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    He just gives you the feeling that if he had the time, he could just sit down and talk with you for hours.

Couldn't of said it any better myself! And yes we shoulda offered to go get him a beer somewhere, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he had already tipped back a few up to that point anyway. Now while he was talking with some of the others who had waited around, the thought had come across my mind to offer him a toke...but I didn't want his bodyguard to freak out on me so I left well enough alone.

I'm glad that I had a opportunity to share that experience with yourself and few others. When something like that happens and you're around others who just "get it", it makes the moment even that more perfect and memorable.

Gonna try my best to get out of work a little early on Tues so I can make it down with enough time to hang before the show. I'm gonna hit up Beachdweller on the way down there. Were you planning on going to the fundraiser before hand? I think that's where we'll all try and meet up.

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    aw man that is awesome! congrats on having such a great experience...i'd love to just have a few seconds to tell him thank you someday :)
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Chiqui! You'll have your moment! I promise you will. I waited for 16 years and it happened!
    i'm going on 17, so i hope so haha i figure it'll happen when it's meant to be :)
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 178
    Maybe more amazing then meeting Ed was the fact that IWASTHERE made it from the peninsula to santa cruz in record time. Dude I still dont know how you did that but it was good to see you at the fundraiser. Jessica and myself dug into the Red Room for quite a while. You wouldve enjoyed it but in the end everything worked out for the better. See you tomorrow.
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I just noticed how many posts you have!!! Damn girl, Big Wave you certainly are!!!
    We must meet tomorrow :-)
    i was a chatty cathy when i first got here, when they allowed chatting :p haha

hope to see you tomorrow!
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Its funny how little things with ed ends up being so big to everybody. Im pretty sure Ed isnt the only human who makes eye contact when speaking to someone :D I do it all the time... no one ever says shit about it :(

Oh and its not creepy at all to wait after shows, i mean for fuck sakes!..... if they dont want to stop..they wont...

Ive never waited but got lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time once :D Its nice that he takes that time.. Im sure it never gets old ...I mean... talking to people who love you and don't even know you.. thats pretty sweet!

yeah, but the cool thing is that when Eddie speaks on camera, it appears to me that he is somewhat shy and tends to look down or away a bit so the fact that he looks people that are just fans and not those that he may feel guarded against, is totally all the more cool. I hope no one ever fucks that up for him. And also, I have to mention about the eye thing on camera that I notice; I like that he almost turns back into his own thoughts when he talks as if to chuckle at himself when he mentions something that he likes. I didn't realize others do that.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    laudenum wrote:
    i thought so too. especially when he came in the stall to take a leak before i was finished taking a leak.
    embarassing for both, but we chatted for at least halk an hour after.

wow, he even uses public bathrooms........next, he'll be in Us' magazine..."stars they're just like us!!"

Nah...........he won't be

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    laudenum wrote:
    perfect,but poor ed.hes got women "lusting" after him.now dudes too.
    the life of a rock star.

yeah, like when Brett Michaels was explaining to all of the girls' old flames about how hard it is to date all of these women at once and they shook their heads sympathetically but inside were I am sure screaming, "no, let me find out how difficult that could be..."

• Options
    writersu wrote:
    yeah, like when Brett Michaels was explaining to all of the girls' old flames about how hard it is to date all of these women at once and they shook their heads sympathetically but inside were I am sure screaming, "no, let me find out how difficult that could be..."

HAHAHA, You had to play the Rock of Love card! THanks for the laugh. :)
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    I cant see why its creepy or strange. Just look how much some of these signed items go for or are held in high regard.
    with My whole surfboard thing I was asked if I would like to meet up with Ed, I said no, its not my thing- I reckon they have given so much to me already that they do not have to meet me in person. I reckon we should give them space .
    but thats me . Im happy for those who choose to meet their idols. esp if its a good experience for them.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Awesome you all got to meet ed... I don't think it is creepy at all to wait up to meet him.

Now stealing Mellencamp's clothes... now that is creepy.

(can't remember if it was bon jovi or mellencamp that eddie stole their clothes while working a show.)
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    HAHAHA, You had to play the Rock of Love card! THanks for the laugh. :)

yeah, that's me..........

ALWAYS trying to break out of the humdrum..........

I am glad to help you break out as well............

• Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Here is a great boot to the face. I had to leave at 2 to drop off rental car, check out of hotel, catch flight back home...It is good to hear you did meet him though...FUCK!
  • Options
    Here is a great boot to the face. I had to leave at 2 to drop off rental car, check out of hotel, catch flight back home...It is good to hear you did meet him though...FUCK!

Damn, are you the dude who was waiting there in the shorts and tee and freezing your ass off? We all almost took off at one point...heck I think we all saide goodbye to one another and even actually got in our cars to take off when out of nowhere a Ford Explorer pulled into the parking lot right next to the bus. It was at that point I knew he was still there and was finally getting ready to take off.

If this is you, at least you got one of the EV Evel Kinevel picks!

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    It was SOLAT, and the fan who Ed wrote a pm to (long ago) has recently been kicked off the board for some reason. Too bad too, bc he was one of the funniest around.

This story has been on the board more than once. For what I can remember; the fan had posted the lyrics for SOLAT on the forum, but they were wrong. Ed wrote him a pm saying he was the friend of Eds brother (or something like that) and that he asked Ed about the right lyrics. So he gave the fan the right lyrics. The fan replies with: No, that's not right. So Ed said in an interview he would never be bothered with forums and stuff again.

Dont know if that last bit is true though.
    I would definitely lurk from time to time and maybe even write stuff to stir things up. But than again, I have too much time to waste :p

p.s. This thread is hilarious!
    So, is it something like this: "They think of me and my wandering, but I'm never what they thought"?
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    halszka123 wrote:
    So, is it something like this: "They think of me and my wandering, but I'm never what they thought"?

Probably, maybe, who knows...ask Ed :p
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Waited outside in the alley behind the Centre after the first Vancouver show. Not sure how long I was there, but the vibe was very strange and perhaps a little too eclectic. Plus there was about 50 to 70 people there, which pissed of a few of those with many many things to sign. There's too many people here - he's not going to come out! Also:

Two very very drunk girls who may or may not have know who Ed was, but they were somewhat amusing trying to have a "private" conversation in a very echoey alley
    A guy who had about ten things to sign who got mad at someone who was "wrecking it for everyone" and said he'd been "doing this long enough to know what pisses off the rock stars"
    One guy who kept saying "This is not going to end well"...and "Ed is not feeling well today - don't ask HOW I know, just know THAT I know...and that's all I'm going to say" He also expressed concern about the volume of people in the alley.

After about an hour and bit, all the security folk came out and said "Ed has left the building" and I started feeling like some sort of table scrap or leftover after all the inside meet and greets were done...I lost a huge chunk of self-respect that night...not 20 years old anymore. But still...it was an experience and I don't regret it.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    its interesting hearing others meet ups with ed and the rest of the guys - from everything ive ever heard and read, yea they seem like such down to earth guys, who seem to still be so humble about the fact that so many people are so passionate about their music

ive always wanted to meet him - not just because of the whole 'rock star' thing - whatever status you want to give a meeting like that
    i'd really just like to shake his hand and thank him for writing the soundtrack to the majority of my lifes journey. i think he's an amazing, creative soul.

anyway - perhaps one day .....
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2010
    !
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Awesome you all got to meet ed... I don't think it is creepy at all to wait up to meet him.

Now stealing Mellencamp's clothes... now that is creepy.

(can't remember if it was bon jovi or mellencamp that eddie stole their clothes while working a show.)

i don't think it was "stole" the clothes, rather they were misplaced/lost

it was john mellencamp's clothes
  • Options
    HEY EVERYONE! I made it home alive. Hope you all remember me ;)!

Hey there sky..yes I remember you!!! You kept my toes from falling off by allowing me to sit in your car to warm up...much appreciation for that again!!! Did you happen to notice in one of the Berkeley Night 1 show threads that someone made a mention of seeing a native American piece of artwork pirched up on a stand on stage last night??? Wondering if that's the artwork you gave him on Sat. night. That would be cool!

Getting ready to head out to see Night 2 here very shortly!! Great meeting you and stay in touch.

Peace,
    RM
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    halszka123 wrote:
    hahahaha:):):) Well, we have to admit - U are bigger than Ed Vedder, U are new god

i'm bigger"wink wink nudge nudge". new god? too much resposibility.
    i remember the banter at seattle1 00 the band was commenting on who was larger.chilipeppers,i think it was decided that patrick ewing beat everyone.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    I would love to meet Ed.
    I think about what I would say to him and I think besides thanking him for all the great music I don't know what else to say. I would look like a goober just staring at him with a shit eating grin on my face :D

its a great feeling.i think for ed as well as you.personally i think bieng able to bump into him when they are not touring,like sitting and having a beer or whatever,makes it more worthwhile. ed too most likely had people that he always wanted to meet as was able to do so.he gets it.they were not on tour when we bumped into each other. i was excited too when i met daniel quinn,and was able to talk about his books. its a thrill to meet people that have influenced ypur life.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd