Options

Met Ed yesterday!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    Cosmo wrote:
    Cool.
    The after show wait on Saturday was all messed up. There were TMZ papparazzi there... and what part of "No pictures, please" do people NOT understand? And.. the same EBay Stalkerazzi with their shitload of crap to sell for profit online were there... doing their typical pushing and soving and yelling.
    Ed pretty much just smiled and waved and climbed aboard the bus. I don't blame him for not dealing with all of that bullshit.

TMZ? Seriously? WTF? That's the last place I'd expect the papparazzi to be!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    TMZ? Seriously? WTF? That's the last place I'd expect the papparazzi to be!
    That whole TMZ crap is a cancer. It is EVERYWHERE in L.A. Since they can't stalk down Britney and Paris all the time... they go ANYWHERE where they think celebrities would be. i see those scumbags (and when you see them... they really are scumbags)... all over Hollywood and L.A.
    I seriously wouldn't think all that bad of Usama bin Laden if he drove into that TMZ studio and blew himself, Harvey Levin and all those scumbags up.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    there's a video on a certain site with this, and I think I saw you on there....

sooo cool!

You did ;)

It's Janet.. right?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    OMG Chris thats awesome!!!!!! I"m soooooooooo happy for you! You deserve it!!!

I've met Ed a few times but never had the balls to ask him for a hug or kiss him on the cheek....God I'd love to do both.

haha, thanks Mel! Yeah, it was amazing.. and i totally didn't expect it. It's like it completed Pearl Jam for me, you know?

It was very cool meeting some of you too, and i'll see whoever's going to SD 1 tomorrow night, although i won't get off work until 4, so it's straight in the car and heading down the 5 as fast as we can.

Can't wait for that show.

I met Eddie Vedder. I still can't believe it.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    bigshashabigshasha Posts: 38
    did anyone notice seeker is on the setlist? maybe he will play it in san diego
    I wanna run like the lions.
  • Options
    I re-did the photos, i didn't realise they were side-ways, lol.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    You are one fucking lucky bastard....

chuffed for you nonetheless, I'd be so over the moon its unreal
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Chris, my little high school buddy from all those years ago....

I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D

I high fived Ed as he ran past at the Brisbane 1 show in 2006....and grabbed his shoulder on the way back....but to meet him would be FUCKING COOL!!! Congrats, Chris! :)

One day....one day...
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Chris, my little high school buddy from all those years ago....

I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D

I high fived Ed as he ran past at the Brisbane 1 show in 2006....and grabbed his shoulder on the way back....but to meet him would be FUCKING COOL!!! Congrats, Chris! :)

One day....one day...
    ok the "i officially hate you" part is freakin FUNNY!!! :D

and yes, ONE DAY. Keep believing becuz it WILL happen!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004

God, I want to be able to say this someday!

(well actually Mike McCready even more!)...

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    locked wrote:
    God, I want to be able to say this someday!

(well actually Mike McCready even more!)...

:)

:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Thats awesome. its good to hear Ed was gracious to you and the fans. he seems like a nice guy.
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    awesome story! Ed seems really nice :)
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    By the way...how in the hell do some people have like 20+thousand posts in here? I don't friggin' get that.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Wow, some of you are just creapy. Is it safe to assume some of you are on Ed's stalker list?
    Eddie and I only sat and chatted for an hour or so. The conversation that I had with Matt Cameron lasted only a few minutes.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    haha, thanks Mel! Yeah, it was amazing.. and i totally didn't expect it. It's like it completed Pearl Jam for me, you know?
    It was very cool meeting some of you too, and i'll see whoever's going to SD 1 tomorrow night

Welcome to the unofficial "IfinallyMetEddieVedderClub!"

I'll be around the bend in a wheel-chair. Please say hi.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    nice set list, it would be great to get a boot of it...

why no pics I wonder?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Cosmo wrote:
    That whole TMZ crap is a cancer. It is EVERYWHERE in L.A. Since they can't stalk down Britney and Paris all the time... they go ANYWHERE where they think celebrities would be. i see those scumbags (and when you see them... they really are scumbags)... all over Hollywood and L.A.

I would have to agree -- I've been coming down to LA, every March for two weeks on business, for five years now. I'm not into celebrity spotting (but OK, yeah, it was cool to have lunch right next to NEO! Keanu! Only oh, Han Solo coulda beaten that in my book... or maybe Kirk or Picard!) but my associates always schedule a lunch at Ivy's and a dinner at Maestros.

This year I was FLOORED by the scum around Ivy's. Yap, TMZ. EWWWWW! It really lessened the experience -- and my friends only got to see the Glasnoix Girls??? Dunno...
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    Cosmo wrote:
    Cool.
    The after show wait on Saturday was all messed up. There were TMZ papparazzi there... and what part of "No pictures, please" do people NOT understand? And.. the same EBay Stalkerazzi with their shitload of crap to sell for profit online were there... doing their typical pushing and soving and yelling.
    Ed pretty much just smiled and waved and climbed aboard the bus. I don't blame him for not dealing with all of that bullshit.

The ebay dudes were the worst...I was right behind him and he kept rambling on about how many people he had met and how he needed to get this or that signed (that and his box of like 30 or 40 ed photos). He also coached the one guy he hired to tell Ed how much he liked Big Wave in hopes he'd sign it with a wave...
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Chris! That is so awesome!
    You are a good person. You deserve to have a moment that stuns you for an hour! lol
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away