Options

Met Ed yesterday!!!

LeatherMosquitoManLeatherMosquitoMan Posts: 4,034
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
And it was fucking unreal!

Me and my buddy arrived at the Wiltern at around 3.15pm, and were heading across the road, and we saw about 15 people near a KROQ sign on a railing, and as we walked past, thinking it was some KROQ promo, we saw Ed over some people's shoulders!!! I couldn't fucking believe it!!!
There were only about 12 people there too! I had a CD w/me i was going to give to a friend, so i quickly grabbed that, and Ed had a sharpie he was signing stuff with, so i jumped to the end of the little line against the railing. There were 2 guys w/him, that wouldn't allow photos, but i was more than happy to respect that!

So as he signed my CD sleeve, i asked if i could shake his hand. He said 'Of Course' and as i did, i said "Thank you for officially making this the best day of my life" and he looked right at me (through those cool sun glasses, lol) and said 'Thank you very much' and smiled. It was so fucking cool!! I was literally stunned for about an hour afterwards, just shaking!!

Oh, and i grabbed a setlist off the sound board guy too ;)

I'll post a fanview later!! What an amazing, amazing night!!! I'm so ready for tomorrow nights show now!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/magic_kebab/Ed%20Ved%20shows/?action=view&current=SF209.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/magic_kebab/Ed%20Ved%20shows/?action=view&current=SF210.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/magic_kebab/Ed%20Ved%20shows/?action=view&current=SF212.jpg
-Chris
Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
2003 Brisbane 1
2006 LA 1 & 2
2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
2011 St. Louis (EV)
2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    That is so cool :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Awesome man! :)

You said something cool to him. I'd probably just freeze.

:)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Good for you. Someday my life will be complete when I can say I've met Ed.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Cool.

Also, it looks like Ed may have a little OCD when he wrote the set list! He wrote Soon Forget twice.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    (Sorry)...Ed doesn't write the set lists - the merch guy does. It's in the SNIPER program.

But still, a set list is a cool thing to have. I've got one from springsteen that's typed, but that doesn't make it any less cool...

And congrats on meeting him...I love hearing about life's moments like that!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    (Sorry)...Ed doesn't write the set lists - the merch guy does. It's in the SNIPER program.

But still, a set list is a cool thing to have. I've got one from springsteen that's typed, but that doesn't make it any less cool...

And congrats on meeting him...I love hearing about life's moments like that!
    Looks like Ed's hand writing though, no? If you look at the back of the Touring Band DVD it's the same.

But maybe Ed didn't write that either....
  • Options
    When I met Eddie - he was shy and couldn't stop looking down at this shoes while we chatted.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    When I met Eddie - he was shy and couldn't stop looking down at this shoes while we chatted.
    You'd think it would be the other way round. :D
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Good for you. Someday my life will be complete when I can say I've met Ed.
    Same here...seen him but would love to have a quick chat with the man. A little "Hi, glad you enjoyed to the show" would do justice! :p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    overstandoverstand Posts: 54
    Hearing these stories makes me think about the time I did not meet Ed. My friend's older brother (this was 1996 or so) told me what I thought was a bullshit story of a guy named Brian who worked with him that was a friend on Ed's. The story was that Ed and gang were going to be staying at his house in MA for the night, as Ed was in town (I think for Beth's music) up in Boston. I was invited to travel up there to hang out...Well, I told my friend that the guy Brian was full of shit and I didn't want to go...turns out he wasn't. I regret being a die-hard skeptic sometimes.
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    You'd think it would be the other way round. :D
    I kept on asking him to take off his favorite fedora. Since it was dark in the club; I wanted to look at those beautiful eyes. When he went over to talk to Matt Cameron - I shouted out to him, "Ed, just take off the damn hat!!!" We all laughed as he came back. I gave him another little kiss on the cheek - it was great! (His skin is incredibly soft!)
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    I kept on asking him to take off his favorite fedora. Since it was dark in the club; I wanted to look at those beautiful eyes. When he went over to talk to Matt Cameron - I shouted out to him, "Ed, just take off the damn hat!!!" We all laughed as he came back. I gave him another little kiss on the cheek - it was great! (His skin is incredibly soft!)
    Hell, I'm male (and straight) but I'd do anything to kiss him on the cheek!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Murderers wrote:
    Hell, I'm male (and straight) but I'd do anything to kiss him on the cheek!
    Add a long warm hug to that as well. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Hell yes! :)
  • Options
    OMG Chris thats awesome!!!!!! I"m soooooooooo happy for you! You deserve it!!!

I've met Ed a few times but never had the balls to ask him for a hug or kiss him on the cheek....God I'd love to do both.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    I've been known to give good hug. Ask Cosmo about the lobby of the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara!
  • Options
    I've met Ed a few times but never had the balls to ask him for a hug or kiss him on the cheek....God I'd love to do both.
    In addition to having beautiful blue eyes, incredibly kissable skin - he smells nice too!
  • Options
    In addition to having beautiful blue eyes, incredibly kissable skin - he smells nice too!

OMG don't get me started on those amazingly beautiful eyes of his...and that smile. I've been the lucky recepiant of a few of those and it makes me melt every time. The times I met him he didn't have any kinda scent really...but I'm ok with that. His hands are REALLY soft for a guitarist tho. I remember that much.

My one mail goal with him is to have a picture taken with him and on day I'll achieve that goal.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    You're a lucky dude!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    there's a video on a certain site with this, and I think I saw you on there....

sooo cool!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458

You all are cracking me up!

I forget who it was on here but they said when they gave him a hug he smelled like sweat and ciggs
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Cool.
    The after show wait on Saturday was all messed up. There were TMZ papparazzi there... and what part of "No pictures, please" do people NOT understand? And.. the same EBay Stalkerazzi with their shitload of crap to sell for profit online were there... doing their typical pushing and soving and yelling.
    Ed pretty much just smiled and waved and climbed aboard the bus. I don't blame him for not dealing with all of that bullshit.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    Cosmo wrote:
    Cool.
    The after show wait on Saturday was all messed up. There were TMZ papparazzi there... and what part of "No pictures, please" do people NOT understand? And.. the same EBay Stalkerazzi with their shitload of crap to sell for profit online were there... doing their typical pushing and soving and yelling.
    Ed pretty much just smiled and waved and climbed aboard the bus. I don't blame him for not dealing with all of that bullshit.

That totally sucks!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Wow, some of you are just creapy. Is it safe to assume some of you are on Ed's stalker list?
  • Options
    OMG don't get me started on those amazingly beautiful eyes of his...and that smile. I've been the lucky recepiant of a few of those and it makes me melt every time. The times I met him he didn't have any kinda scent really...but I'm ok with that. His hands are REALLY soft for a guitarist tho. I remember that much.
    My one mail goal with him is to have a picture taken with him and on day I'll achieve that goal.
    I've got the photos of he and I together in a nice little frames. He was also kind enough to sign my San Diego bootleg after Matt Cameron did.

I'm wondering what kind of moisturizer he uses on his face? His hand-lotion probably has organics in it - to keep his hands so soft...
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I've got the photos of he and I together in a nice little frames. He was also kind enough to sign my San Diego bootleg after Matt Cameron did.

I'm wondering what kind of moisturizer he uses on his face? His hand-lotion probably has organics in it - to keep his hands so soft...

You think Eddie's hands are soft?? I met him during the 06 tour and shook his hand and it felt like 50 grit sandpaper. None the less, I still screamed like a 14 year old girl meeting Justin Timberlake afterwards!

Congrats on meeting Ed, never get tired of these stories.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Yay for you !!!

So cool ~ thanks for sharing.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    krzzzymary wrote:
    You all are cracking me up!

I forget who it was on here but they said when they gave him a hug he smelled like sweat and ciggs
    That's what I figured... booze and cigarettes. Like 90% of the musician types I've met.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    And it was fucking unreal!

Me and my buddy arrived at the Wiltern at around 3.15pm, and were heading across the road, and we saw about 15 people near a KROQ sign on a railing, and as we walked past, thinking it was some KROQ promo, we saw Ed over some people's shoulders!!! I couldn't fucking believe it!!!
    There were only about 12 people there too! I had a CD w/me i was going to give to a friend, so i quickly grabbed that, and Ed had a sharpie he was signing stuff with, so i jumped to the end of the little line against the railing. There were 2 guys w/him, that wouldn't allow photos, but i was more than happy to respect that!

So as he signed my CD sleeve, i asked if i could shake his hand. He said 'Of Course' and as i did, i said "Thank you for officially making this the best day of my life" and he looked right at me (through those cool sun glasses, lol) and said 'Thank you very much' and smiled. It was so fucking cool!! I was literally stunned for about an hour afterwards, just shaking!!

Oh, and i grabbed a setlist off the sound board guy too ;)

I'll post a fanview later!! What an amazing, amazing night!!! I'm so ready for tomorrow nights show now!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/magic_kebab/?action=view&current=SF209.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/magic_kebab/?action=view&current=SF210.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/magic_kebab/?action=view&current=SF212.jpg
    im sooooooo gladd you got to meet him. and im gladd WE FINALLY got to meet!!! :D you threw me off when u walked up and said hey sen whats up? hahahaha i was trying to place if i ever met you and forgot your name so thats why i was like um...... :eek: hahahaha YOU are awesome!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Wow, some of you are just creapy. Is it safe to assume some of you are on Ed's stalker list?
    come on! be nice. dont dump on someones good time!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!