Options

** The Halloween Thread! **

124»

Comments

• Options
    I really hope we get a lot of kids at the door this year. I need something to put a smile on my face. I don't smile much anymore.

All the best to you. I feel like you but i have a 6 year old and I must everyday push so hard to make her have a happy life. It's little things. She loves Halloween as much as Christmas 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I really hope we get a lot of kids at the door this year. I need something to put a smile on my face. I don't smile much anymore.

All the best to you. I feel like you but i have a 6 year old and I must everyday push so hard to make her have a happy life. It's little things. She loves Halloween as much as Christmas 
    I'm not going to ruin this thread with my sob story. But I tell you, I've had a fucking miserable year. And it doesn't look like it's going to get any better, anytime soon.

I'm not asking for much today. Just some cute kids with some smiles on their faces. I'm not asking for much.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

What's her costume this year?
  • Options
    I read it's been an awful time. I wish you all the best. This year she is some kind of electric skeleton. I will post some up lifting pictures when she gets back from school. Keep going my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Great pics!!!!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084

looks like a lot of fun. I try to work from home or take the day off on Halloween because if it's nice out, I really enjoy sitting outside and handing out the candy to all the neighborhood kids.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Some more cool stuff we saw
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    Happy Halloween. Took the day off to decorate my house. Hope all the kids have a blast. Once as a kid i went out as a monster,  my friend an the pope! He got extra candy. My go to costume was a bum. Other times wear white abd dump fake blood all over me. Take care dear fiends

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    Saw this display nearby where I live. Pictures don’t do it justice 

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Nowhere near as cool as those pumpkins above but I gave it a good try!

:plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    brianlux said:
    Scariest Halloween Pumpkins (if I could find this in gif form, the top pumpkin flashes off and on!)
    I carved these very scary lights  rfunny

:smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,158
    Haha! So true, those engine signs are scary!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    My kid's haul.  He will end up eating less than a quarter of this.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    Awesome!

• Options

These were just the Reces my kids brought home. Unfortunately my daughter has a peanut allergy, so these will be looking for a new home…which means I will have to eat them at work.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,627
    edited November 2023
    Great pics Robbie! Nice of you to cheer Speedy up!!!

Enjoy the reese, mookie!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,627
    edited November 2023
    Your 9 year old did almost good as my 11 year old, FMe!

I'm good 'til Easter 😀
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    We had a great turnout today. Im guessing 50-70 kids. 
  • Options

Whoa, that is a lot of full size bars. Growing up it was a rare thing to get one and you talked about it until next Halloween hoping to get it again. I'm sure it was a blast for your kid.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652

Whoa, that is a lot of full size bars. Growing up it was a rare thing to get one and you talked about it until next Halloween hoping to get it again. I'm sure it was a blast for your kid.
    Yeah, I made a similar comment.  
    I was serious about the "he will eat less than a quarter of it."  We will stock it away after letting him have some, this week.
    We didn't raise him (thus far) having regular access to anything like this.  
    When I was a kid I ate all of my Halloween or Easter candy inside or a week or two.  :lol:    
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Your 9 year old did almost good as my 11 year old, FMe!

I'm good 'til Easter 😀
    Damn, that is huge!
  • Options

These were just the Reces my kids brought home. Unfortunately my daughter has a peanut allergy, so these will be looking for a new home…which means I will have to eat them at work.
    Take 5 is a glorious candy.  
    This is crazy.
    I don't eat much candy but I do grab a bunch if Reeses and put them in the freezer.  A frozen peanut butter treat goes great with a vodka on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    I'm glad you got to have that cheer on a day it was needed.  That is a lot of kids.  Our street is a circle and always slow.  Where my wife took our son, with all of his buddies,  they were in the types of numbers you saw.  
    Kinda wish we had that, but it was fine not having to be at the door over and over.
    :lol:  
  • Options
    I'm glad you got to have that cheer on a day it was needed.  That is a lot of kids.  Our street is a circle and always slow.  Where my wife took our son, with all of his buddies,  they were in the types of numbers you saw.  
    Kinda wish we had that, but it was fine not having to be at the door over and over.
    :lol:  
    It was great to see families of 6-10 people walking the streets. Moms, dads, older siblings, etc. I threw a couple reeses off my porch to dad's. And of course we completed the pass and cracked up. Had a blast. 

• Options

Take 5 is a glorious candy.  
    This is crazy.
    I don't eat much candy but I do grab a bunch if Reeses and put them in the freezer.  A frozen peanut butter treat goes great with a vodka on a Saturday night.
    There were 4 take 5’s, those went into a stash bin in the basement. My kids school had a drive to donate after Halloween candy to US soldiers.
    I donated a bag probably weighing 15 pounds. I shed a single tear as I dropped the bag off, Reces and all. My teeth and blood sugar will thank me later.