Options

Ladies, are you bringing a bag to Lolla?

Comments

• Options
    You know I'm stuck on that too cause I also wanna bring in some water too.

I just dunno that a fannypack would be large enough to carry all that I'll need for a day in the sun.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    luvistower wrote:
    i'm carrying a backpack or messenger bag
    it will contain
    cell phone
    water
    sunscreen
    mini-umbrella
    hand sanitizer
    toliet paper (don't laugh when the port-o-potties dont have any on sunday)
    assorted snacks
    other stuff that would normally be in my purse (keys, lighter etc...)
    and probably all of marty's stuff, too
    s'ok tho'
    he'll probably be the one carrying the bag around :p

Damn, I didn't even think of half that stuff. Got to rethink the plan now. Hmm.
    I wouldn't try if I were you. I went to Boston for the Vote for change tour and could not go in with my bag. Since I came from Montreal by bus and did not stay at an hotel, I had no place to drop it. I had to run like a mad woman before the show to try to find a place to leave it. I was lucky emough to find a nice guy at a parking place you kept it in his booth during the show.

Lolla will let you bring in a bag, though they will probably do a lookieloo through it, so no worries there...
    you know the gender of these kind and the crap they need.... ;)

Yeah. $5 says I'll end up carrying something of yours by the end of the weekend. :p
    im gonna bring something like this to carry all my stuff in.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/pearljam23/nikeback.jpg

I like those, but again, the sweaty factor, and I have a tendency to break those things. Don't ask me how, but I'm kinda klutzy :o
    lojix wrote:
    My wife bought a bag at utilitywear.com . You should check out their site, they have some pretty cool "fanny packs".

YOU are my new best friend. They have some COOL SHIT!!!!! Thanks so much for the link!

If you're at Lolla, look for me - I may just be wearing one of those lil' utility things and I'll buy ya a beer! :D

(cause I was totally planning on taking my 80's fannypack and tricking it out with rivets and grommets and pins and patches!)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Ok.. seriously, how cute is this: http://images.etsy.com/all_images/f/fbd/202/il_fullxfull.9421788.jpg

Color: Black
    Fabric: 100% Heavy cotton canvas
    Dimension: 11.5"w 4.75"h

Features:
    * adjustable belt fits 28"-48"
    * seperate cell phone/PDA compartment- fit's up to 4.5"h
    2.25"w
    1" d
    * Outside zippered compartment,accessible and secure
    * 2nd inside compartment with velcro closure for more room
    * metal snap closure
    * Machine washable/cold water/ hang-dry

Shipping:
    * orders will usually ship within 2 business days upon receipt of payment.
    * email confirmation will be sent before shipping.

Contact info:
    * email - info@utilitywear.com
    * phone - (305) 924-5116
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Ok, those utility things are pretty freaking sweet. I won't even be at Lolla, but I'd consider buying one for any future shows I attend. I usually bring a messenger-style to shows, b/c I can't stand shoulder-bags unless it's for short periods, and backpacks give me the sweaty back issue too. But messenger bags can be annoying after a while as well.

Thanks for that link!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    personally, i would go out of my MIND having something strapped around my waist, or hanging on my hips. i think it would be WORSE in a crushed crowd, and way too easy for someone to take shit out unnoticed by you, but that's just me. i am partial to the shoulder bag b/c i find it relatively comfortable/easy to wear cross-over....and yea, i like having my shit in front of me, not on my side...no behind me...and lawd no...not hanging on my hips/arse...yikes! hahaha. but coolness if that works for you all!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    i'm carrying a bag...it's a purse of sorts, but canvas, lightweight, army-ish and slings over the shoulders.
    i'll need to have my phone, camera, sunscreen, tylenol, eye drops, tissues, etc etc...
    and a place to put anything i may buy.. like a shirt or something.

i can't deal with a fanny-pack and i'll need to bring my 'stuff' :)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Ok.. seriously, how cute is this: http://images.etsy.com/all_images/f/fbd/202/il_fullxfull.9421788.jpg

Color: Black
    Fabric: 100% Heavy cotton canvas
    Dimension: 11.5"w 4.75"h

Features:
    * adjustable belt fits 28"-48"
    * seperate cell phone/PDA compartment- fit's up to 4.5"h
    2.25"w
    1" d
    * Outside zippered compartment,accessible and secure
    * 2nd inside compartment with velcro closure for more room
    * metal snap closure
    * Machine washable/cold water/ hang-dry

Shipping:
    * orders will usually ship within 2 business days upon receipt of payment.
    * email confirmation will be sent before shipping.

Contact info:
    * email - info@utilitywear.com
    * phone - (305) 924-5116

Thats pretty cute BUT it still wouldn't hold everything I need.

my camera alone would be too big for that. Then there is sunscreen, water, tylenol.
    Someone else made an excellent point that there is nowhere to put merch.

I like it, and would use it if this wasn't an ALL day thing.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Ok, those utility things are pretty freaking sweet. I won't even be at Lolla, but I'd consider buying one for any future shows I attend. I usually bring a messenger-style to shows, b/c I can't stand shoulder-bags unless it's for short periods, and backpacks give me the sweaty back issue too. But messenger bags can be annoying after a while as well.

Thanks for that link!

I like the messenger style, but when ya bounce at shows it slaps against you annoyingly too...
    personally, i would go out of my MIND having something strapped around my waist, or hanging on my hips. i think it would be WORSE in a crushed crowd, and way too easy for someone to take shit out unnoticed by you, but that's just me. i am partial to the shoulder bag b/c i find it relatively comfortable/easy to wear cross-over....and yea, i like having my shit in front of me, not on my side...no behind me...and lawd no...not hanging on my hips/arse...yikes! hahaha. but coolness if that works for you all!

I like my stuff in front too.. I think that's a NY thing (or at least anyone who's had to ride subways/walk in crowds/etc. Maybe I can hang the thing like an apron over my lady parts :D

*edit*

If anyone's crafty, ya can make your own - any size too!
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31379

This one holds water bottles!
    http://www.amazon.com/High-Sierra-Talus-Waistpack-Cadmium/dp/B000H866AS/ref=pd_bbs_12/104-6389766-7180756?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1185602257&sr=8-12
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I've been thinking about this all week. I hate having to carry a shoulder bag/purse/whatever, but I don't want to stuff my pockets......car keys, wallet, cell phone, camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, gum, antibacterial stuff, lip gloss, etc.

I've been seriously considering bustin' out my fanny pack from the '80's and using that thing. Bad idea? :o

So my question is, are you bringing a bag? What's the alternative? (besides ditching half that stuff)

:):D:)

last year I had a messenger bag big enough for bottled water, sun screen, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, wallet, sun glasses, etc. It worked perfectly.

This year, in anticipation of lolla, I DID buy an UPDATED fanny pack, made by Northface, and totally acceptable (I wore it last week to a Lemonheads show) but I'll probably not use it for Lolla weekend because its not really big enough for all my supplies. I like to be prepared for any situation, and the fanny pack, although current in New York high schools, and indie rock clubs, isn't big enough.
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Great thread...what a refreshment from all the Vic stuff...
    I am thinking I'll let my bf carry the f-pack :D

To the European concerts I brought a simple plastic bag, but as I was at the barrier this wasnt a problem. Just left the bag between my feet. I always bring food and if possible drinks, bc you really need that when you are at the front all day waiting for your favorite band to do a 4 hour show to satisfy their poor fans who couldnt get in the Vic (like me).

Oop, all of a sudden I just the word Vic...:eek:

Sorry!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm not bringing a bag. I plan on trying to get up front, so trying to carry my purse with me while getting crushed would be a bad idea. I'll stuff a few things in my pockets and bring a bottle of water.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    I don't know what my wife will bring. She has been saying she needs to make with with some of you lovely ladies because one i get there I will not move from the front.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Lolla will have a bag valet
    place to check your bag
    dunno how much it'll cost but there will be one there
    found this out whilst purusing lolla board
    for what it's worth
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    luvistower wrote:
    i'm carrying a backpack or messenger bag
    it will contain
    cell phone
    water
    sunscreen
    mini-umbrella
    hand sanitizer
    toliet paper (don't laugh when the port-o-potties dont have any on sunday)
    assorted snacks
    other stuff that would normally be in my purse (keys, lighter etc...)
    and probably all of marty's stuff, too
    s'ok tho'
    he'll probably be the one carrying the bag around :p

I am planning on doing the same but under prohibited items it says "large or framed backpacks". Does anyone know waht they consider large???
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I am planning on doing the same but under prohibited items it says "large or framed backpacks". Does anyone know waht they consider large???
    they prohibit those really large hiking type backpacks
    messenger bags are ok
    regular sized (think like you'd use in school) and smaller are ok
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    As far as the toilet paper thing, Target has those little rolls in their travel size section - hell as well as a bunch of travel sized stuff. Gonna stock up there today.

Wrote in to the utility people last night too, seeing if they could ship on time. Otherwise I'll be trickin out my cheezy old fanny pack :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    TauranTauran Posts: 89
    I will be bringing in a one strap (sling back) backpack. They are the most comfortable for me for a long day.

In it, I will bring:

Umbrella
    TUMS
    Maps, Schedules
    A foldable hat
    2 bottles of water
    sunscreen
    anti-bac hand goop
    $100,000.00
    An extra shirt
    my extra nintendo DS w/metroid fusion and pokemon diamond inside
    Tylenol
    Some hidden Quaker oat bars
    some candy
    and possibly something for people to sign

~tauran
    Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,582
    omg. Don't do it! Or you'll have to take the foxy right out of your name!
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    Tauran wrote:
    I will be bringing in a one strap (sling back) backpack. They are the most comfortable for me for a long day.

In it, I will bring:

Umbrella
    TUMS
    Maps, Schedules
    A foldable hat
    2 bottles of water
    sunscreen
    anti-bac hand goop
    $100,000.00
    An extra shirt
    my extra nintendo DS w/metroid fusion and pokemon diamond inside
    Tylenol
    Some hidden Quaker oat bars
    some candy
    and possibly something for people to sign

~tauran

ummm... and how can we recognize you...

you know, in case we need some Tums....

;)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    yeah, im guessing sunscreen will be a good idea
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Foxy Mop-love your location: Vicapalooza. I think I'm gonna cry-no Vic tix here. I met you in Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Gorge last year (I'm 40 year blonde who asked you about getting the signed tambourine from Mike). So how the hell are ya? Did you get Vic tix?

I have a shoulder bag with a long wide strap that I can cross over my chest and won't fall off. It's zipped and about 6" by 9". It's my official concert bag-usually fits everything I need-sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, wallet, keys, aspirin, etc. Unfortunately it's not big enough for water and it's from Ecuador made from some llama hair cotton-looks very hippyish-so it's not at all water proof. So I'm glad you asked this question- been worried about the same thing. I like the picture someone showed of the large waistpack with the two water bottles. I'm a hiker, so wearing something like that won't bother me at all.

Speaking of water-another thing I've been worried about-how do you stay hydrated enough and not have to visit the honey buckets every hour?
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i remember taking this pic of foxy's old boyfriend when we met up before one of the festival shows

i think she brings a bit too much

http://www.infomotions.com/musings/ockham-2003/Images/0.jpg
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    i remember taking this pic of foxy's old boyfriend when we met up before one of the festival shows

Yeah-I remember that bag. LOL :)
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    What do you think of this? Too geeky?
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=48143566&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&color=SAGE/GRAY&img=/media/965095.jpg&view=large

Now everyone got me thinking that I need something else to carry other then a backpack.

Foxy... did Utilitywear tell you if their merchandise will arrive on time?
  • Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    bostonlou wrote:
    i'm wearing my fanny pack too

so we'll be able to find each other

they're trendy now you know

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/7884/cj53at.jpg

just be sure to wear your stirrup pants too!

Is this recent???? She is wearing ring....Did Cameron and Kelly get married?
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    As far as the toilet paper thing, Target has those little rolls in their travel size section - hell as well as a bunch of travel sized stuff. Gonna stock up there today.

Wrote in to the utility people last night too, seeing if they could ship on time. Otherwise I'll be trickin out my cheezy old fanny pack :D
    i'm not sure if target carries theses but 5 below has the toilet seat covers made by charmin. I love having them:) bathrooms sceeve me out!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    north face or patagonia have some good options that are NOT fanny packs.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    Please do not wear a fanny pack! I think I'm wearing a camera case. I might bring a small purse that straps over my shoulder with money, lip gloss/sunscreen lipbalm, a credit card. I'm not carrying sunblock with me, I'll just put it on before I get there. That Neutrogena helioplex sun block stays on longer and it's 'dry touch' so it's not greasy. I'm not bringing anymore makeup with me. I think a fanny pack would get in the way and be uncomfortable, besides looking funny.
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • Options
    Foxy Mop-love your location: Vicapalooza. I think I'm gonna cry-no Vic tix here. I met you in Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Gorge last year (I'm 40 year blonde who asked you about getting the signed tambourine from Mike). So how the hell are ya? Did you get Vic tix?

I have a shoulder bag with a long wide strap that I can cross over my chest and won't fall off. It's zipped and about 6" by 9". It's my official concert bag-usually fits everything I need-sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, wallet, keys, aspirin, etc. Unfortunately it's not big enough for water and it's from Ecuador made from some llama hair cotton-looks very hippyish-so it's not at all water proof. So I'm glad you asked this question- been worried about the same thing. I like the picture someone showed of the large waistpack with the two water bottles. I'm a hiker, so wearing something like that won't bother me at all.

Speaking of water-another thing I've been worried about-how do you stay hydrated enough and not have to visit the honey buckets every hour?

I remember you - that was Pittsburgh, right? :) Unfortunately my Vic attempts failed, much like everyone else's.

I like messenger bags, but can't stand crossing them over my boobs (too uncomfortable!)

As for the hydration - drink a lot and good old Chicago humidity will sweat it out of you, so potty-breaks are minimal :D
    bostonlou wrote:

That's only my carry-on too. :D
    What do you think of this? Too geeky?
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=48143566&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&color=SAGE/GRAY&img=/media/965095.jpg&view=large

Now everyone got me thinking that I need something else to carry other then a backpack.

Foxy... did Utilitywear tell you if their merchandise will arrive on time?

Looks very......outdoorsy! I'd say geeky, but hell I'm tricking out a fanny pack so who am I to judge? ;) Utilitywear did tell me they could get it to be by Thursday/Friday, so just send them an email and let them know ASAP if you want to order from them.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Please do not wear a fanny pack! I think I'm wearing a camera case. I might bring a small purse that straps over my shoulder with money, lip gloss/sunscreen lipbalm, a credit card. I'm not carrying sunblock with me, I'll just put it on before I get there. That Neutrogena helioplex sun block stays on longer and it's 'dry touch' so it's not greasy. I'm not bringing anymore makeup with me. I think a fanny pack would get in the way and be uncomfortable, besides looking funny.

A camera case is the kissing cousin of a fanny pack - you find both of them livin large at places like Disneyland, etc. :D So not much of a difference, other than one clips on and one is belt-like ;)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥