Options

Ladies, are you bringing a bag to Lolla?

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I've been thinking about this all week. I hate having to carry a shoulder bag/purse/whatever, but I don't want to stuff my pockets......car keys, wallet, cell phone, camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, gum, antibacterial stuff, lip gloss, etc.

I've been seriously considering bustin' out my fanny pack from the '80's and using that thing. Bad idea? :o

So my question is, are you bringing a bag? What's the alternative? (besides ditching half that stuff)

:):D:)
Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    can I join the chicago ladies thread as a single chicago guy? I keep hearing there are alot of you around :)
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    can I join the chicago ladies thread as a single chicago guy? I keep hearing there are alot of you around :)

Hehehe sure! But only if you are wise enough to give me handbag advice. (I know somehow Lou's gonna make a comment on this). And yes, there's a bunch of us around :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hehehe sure! But only if you are wise enough to give me handbag advice. (I know somehow Lou's gonna make a comment on this). And yes, there's a bunch of us around :)

I'd like to bring a bag of some sort too. what is the official policy on bags?
  • Options
    I'm a dude but if you wanna bust out a fanny pack, I'm with you. We will be embarassed and joked about together.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,498
    You can bring soft sided coolers, and two bottles of sealed water, 1 liter each.

Which makes me wonder why you would bring a cooler in the first place. Unless you can bring food?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i'm wearing my fanny pack too

so we'll be able to find each other

they're trendy now you know

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/7884/cj53at.jpg

just be sure to wear your stirrup pants too!
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I've been thinking about this all week. I hate having to carry a shoulder bag/purse/whatever, but I don't want to stuff my pockets......car keys, wallet, cell phone, camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, gum, antibacterial stuff, lip gloss, etc.

I've been seriously considering bustin' out my fanny pack from the '80's and using that thing. Bad idea?

So my question is, are you bringing a bag? What's the alternative? (besides ditching half that stuff)
    I almost never carry handbag in the first place.
    lip gloss? wtf do you need lip gloss at a gig for? or sunscreen? antibacterial :eek:???

phone in 1 pocket, small camera bag with camera, cash and maybe a CC, and my MP3 player to tape on my belt.. that's it...that's all i need.

don't care if you take a bag.. as long as you're not in front of me delaying me through security whilst they check through it ;)

btw..does that mean you found a ticket?
    great :)
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    You can bring soft sided coolers, and two bottles of sealed water, 1 liter each.

Which makes me wonder why you would bring a cooler in the first place. Unless you can bring food?

great what about bags?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    great what about bags?

You can bring the ol'bags, as long as they have tickets. I dont think they care who comes.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    I'm a dude but if you wanna bust out a fanny pack, I'm with you. We will be embarassed and joked about together.

I'm tellin you man!! We rock the fanny pack action all over Lolla...
    bostonlou wrote:
    i'm wearing my fanny pack too

so we'll be able to find each other

they're trendy now you know

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/7884/cj53at.jpg

just be sure to wear your stirrup pants too!

Just got an ankle tat, so no stirrups for me thanks :p but hell yeah I want Cameron's fanny pack - that thing is sweeeeet!!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    http://www.lollapalooza.com/default.asp?fd=1

click on info, then on allowed items.

that was the best i could find.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I almost never carry handbag in the first place.
    lip gloss? wtf do you need lip gloss at a gig for? or sunscreen? antibacterial :eek:???

phone in 1 pocket, small camera bag with camera, cash and maybe a CC, and my MP3 player to tape on my belt.. that's it...that's all i need.

don't care if you take a bag.. as long as you're not in front of me delaying me through security whilst they check through it ;)

btw..does that mean you found a ticket?
    great

Sunscreen?? When you see me you'll know why. I make Casper the ghost look tan :)

The lip gloss is so I can look succulent for bostonlou.. ;) and the antibacterial... cause it gets icky at Lolla and I have OCD issues :D

I had Lolla tickets all along, but needed a single 3 day pass for my friend Katie, but Leti had one available, so hopefully that works out with them
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Sunscreen?? When you see me you'll know why. I make Casper the ghost look tan :)

The lip gloss is so I can look succulent for bostonlou.. ;) and the antibacterial... cause it gets icky at Lolla and I have OCD issues :D

I had Lolla tickets all along, but needed a single 3 day pass for my friend Katie, but Leti had one available, so hopefully that works out with them

I agree sunscreen is a must. No shade at that venue, and its all day.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

Yeah.. Waterproof/sweatproof sunscreen or sunblock is definitely a good idea for everyone! I got fried at the last outdoor festival.. don't want to look like a red lobster this time around
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    the sun is my friend :)
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    the sun is my friend :)

Im like Foxy. In fact I dont burn, I burst into flame.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    I've been thinking about the bag thing too...I'd rather not bring one. I need to buy some pants (or capris) with big cargo pockets. The fannypack is a good idea!
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

sorry..I've downed a bottle of wine...didn't see this was about Lolla and not the Vic. :rolleyes:

ok, yeah, i understand better. Sunscreen anyway...I'm friend with the sun..but got a sunburn even with sunscreen at Venice ..before the hail obviously...

Bags can be a pain if you plane to go in the thick of the Pit though.
    I know it annoyed me at Werchter, the only place I took one (thought I'd left it at the safe boxes, but they were charging money, greedy bastards at that festival..plus they were closing like RIGHT after PJ set..so had to trek it around).
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    Foxy Mop wrote:

I've been seriously considering bustin' out my fanny pack from the '80's and using that thing. Bad idea? :o

ok do u really need all that stuff? i know its lolla, and ull be outside most of the day, its hott etc. leave some stuff u wont need to bring any bag.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i'm carrying a backpack or messenger bag
    it will contain
    cell phone
    water
    sunscreen
    mini-umbrella
    hand sanitizer
    toliet paper (don't laugh when the port-o-potties dont have any on sunday)
    assorted snacks
    other stuff that would normally be in my purse (keys, lighter etc...)
    and probably all of marty's stuff, too
    s'ok tho'
    he'll probably be the one carrying the bag around :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    Foxy Mop wrote:

I wouldn't try if I were you. I went to Boston for the Vote for change tour and could not go in with my bag. Since I came from Montreal by bus and did not stay at an hotel, I had no place to drop it. I had to run like a mad woman before the show to try to find a place to leave it. I was lucky emough to find a nice guy at a parking place you kept it in his booth during the show.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    fugawzi wrote:
    ok do u really need all that stuff? i know its lolla, and ull be outside most of the day, its hott etc. leave some stuff u wont need to bring any bag.

you know the gender of these kind and the crap they need.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    im gonna bring something like this to carry all my stuff in.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/pearljam23/nikeback.jpg
  • Options
    lojixlojix Posts: 6
    My wife bought a bag at utilitywear.com . You should check out their site, they have some pretty cool "fanny packs".
    All you need is love
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    mini hiking back pack ... fits bottle water, cell, sunscreen, lip gloss, keys, wallet ...

http://www.kipling.com

or

http://www.erehwon.com

brought one to lolla last year. its small enough to carry needed things, wear on your back and rock out without jabbin' someone or bein' awkward & heavy!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I try to not carry a bag to shows, but this is a little different being outside all day (and I'm definitely not an outdoor person), so: the important stuff (phone, $, credit cards, eye drops, inhaler) go in pockets, and a small soft-side (losable) backpack (one of those cheap ones like a bag with a string on each side) will contain - sunscreen, cheap umbrellas (we really don't like sun, I'm not kidding), tissue, water bottle, hand-sanitizer, and maybe a towel to sit on. This is the plan anyway - it may change after the first day.

edit - my backpack is like the one answersarefatal shows in their link.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'll be carrying this....
    http://www.todayscacher.com/2006/feb/img/reiFlashUL01.jpg
    it's light and carries a lot!

it's from REI.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i'm not going to lolla...just thought i'd weigh in on the bag issue for ya. i went to all 5 italian shows 2006, 3 euroshows 2007....irving plaza before.....all GA...and i had a bag, the same bag in fact, for ALL of em...and was first row on the rail for 7 of the 9 shows. i far prefer having a bag than stuffing my pockets. i tend to lose shit if i have it in my pocket, not so if zippered in a bag. i carry a small/medium sized shoulder bag, nylon...lots of pockets/zippers to make different things easier or more diifcult to access depending what it is. also, it always has an adjustable strap so i can wear it across my shoulder/chest...so i am not 'carrying' it at all....it won't fall off easily...and no one can take it off me easily.

i always have a bag period. i like to have my 'essentials'...and yea my camera....spray water bottle, a gawd-send at hot shows to mist my face/hair....EVERYone around my in italy and wembley LOVEd me b/c of this...b/c i'd mist them too. :p outdoors, yea...sunscreen and handwash are always good...i need my gum, etc. it is NOT at all difficult to keep a bag on you like that ALL day, even crushed against the rail, not at all. in fact, i actually managed to store a tshirt and stickers purchased in it too.....and kept my hands entirely free. personally, i recommend having a bag, easy...but that's me.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Bags can be a pain if you plane to go in the thick of the Pit though.
    I know it annoyed me at Werchter, the only place I took one (thought I'd left it at the safe boxes, but they were charging money, greedy bastards at that festival..plus they were closing like RIGHT after PJ set..so had to trek it around).

Exactly, my bag always gets shoved under the seat in front of me in seated shows (undoubtedly getting smooshed and covered in beer) and during GA shows it's just a pain in the ass.

I'd do a backpack, but that's too sweaty and annoying.
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    I've been thinking about the bag thing too...I'd rather not bring one. I need to buy some pants (or capris) with big cargo pockets. The fannypack is a good idea!

I tried the cargo pants thing too. With all the stuff I mentioned in the first post, my pants kept falling down and sagging funny, even with a belt. Plus I'd be worried stuff would fall out of my pockets.. test it out first before you try that route! :D
    fugawzi wrote:

Clearly, you're a guy and don't understand the workings of a girl's bag. It's the catchall for our lives...our pandora's box of necessities....our home away from home! :eek:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I'd do a backpack, but that's too sweaty and annoying.
    I got my wallet stolen out of a backpack at a festival 15 years ago.
    I was young and naive and kept it on my back..:rolleyes:
    if you get to the barrier it's not so bad, you either get it over, or keep it at your feet (a small one I mean).

otherwise, it's just cumbersome sweaty..