Options

Ladies, are you bringing a bag to Lolla?

13»

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    but hell yeah I want Cameron's fanny - that thing is sweeeeet!!

me too :p
  • Options
    I'm carrying a small drawstring corduroy backpack/purse. I carry it to most shows...its got a great hidden pocket in the lining to carry in things you don't want others to find. I can wear it on my back or switch it around and wear it frontwards. It also holds a rolled PJ poster nicely and cleanly!

also, Foxy you don't need the lip gloss. You need something w/ spf to keep your lips from getting burnt!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    What?? Don't bring lipgloss? Are you crazy? lol
    Lots of glosses have spfs in them now.
    I knew I was bringing some sort of bag, but I hadn't even thought of the tp thing. Holy mackeral, thank you whoever mentioned that. ew....
    Who cares what it looks like, though mine will be cute. :)
    As long as you are comfortable. I was convinced not to wear flip flops. Let's just say my shoes are lesbian-friendly. lol But comfy and Iwon't get my toes squashed.

I love that DIY project! Adorable.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I knew I was bringing some sort of bag, but I hadn't even thought of the tp thing. Holy mackeral, thank you whoever mentioned that. ew....
    As long as you are comfortable. I was convinced not to wear flip flops. Let's just say my shoes are lesbian-friendly. lol But comfy and Iwon't get my toes squashed.

what's a lesbian-friendly shoe?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I've been seriously considering bustin' out my fanny pack from the '80's and using that thing. Bad idea? :o

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP! that is SO gangsta!!! :eek:
    but you know what? if anyone can pull that off.....its you foxxxy!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    I figured I'd go to Macy's a see if they had something similar to the Utilitywear bag.

I found a cute red fanny pack made by Kipling for $60. Too much for a friggin fanny pack!! (Even though it was cute red paisley. It;s a fanny pack!!)

So...I found a small fanny pack size messenger bag (similar to the utilitywear bags) made by Kipling for $38. It has an adjustable strap that stays well in place at a smaller size. So...Now it can be either a small purse or a fanny pack (when put around my waist!)

It actually holds a lot. Here is what I comfortably have in it right now...
    Fairly large camera...
    Bar of soap (to be like a pack of tissues)
    Cell phone
    Hand Sanitizer
    Eye Drops
    Money and ID
    Listerine Pocket Mist
    Lip Stick

The bag is 7.5 inches high and 6 inches in diameter.

It seems like it will work great and I can use either way. Here are a few photos of it!

Thanks for starting this thread or I would have been ill-prepared! :D

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_2900.jpg
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_2899.jpg http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_2897.jpg
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I remember you - that was Pittsburgh, right? :) Unfortunately my Vic attempts failed, much like everyone else's.

Was it Pittsburgh where you got the tambourine from Mike? I saw you briefly afterward. I think I met you in Cleveland too at the pre-concert fundraiser and then at CInci after the concert at the bar across the river. Then saw each other again at Gorge, but we were both too toasted or exhausted to say much. Nice to talk to you again. Maybe I'll see ya at Lolla. Still trying for a tic to Vic-but not looking good. Every night for 3 nights, I've been dreaming of clicking on ticket icon and getting Buy button and then going thru entire transaction and getting tickets in my profile. My brain won't let go.
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    LovetheJam wrote:
    I figured I'd go to Macy's a see if they had something similar to the Utilitywear bag.

I found a cute red fanny pack made by Kipling for $60. Too much for a friggin fanny pack!! (Even though it was cute red paisley. It;s a fanny pack!!)

So...I found a small fanny pack size messenger bag (similar to the utilitywear bags) made by Kipling for $38. It has an adjustable strap that stays well in place at a smaller size. So...Now it can be either a small purse or a fanny pack (when put around my waist!)

It actually holds a lot. Here is what I comfortably have in it right now...
    Fairly large camera...
    Bar of soap (to be like a pack of tissues)
    Cell phone
    Hand Sanitizer
    Eye Drops
    Money and ID
    Listerine Pocket Mist
    Lip Stick

The bag is 7.5 inches high and 6 inches in diameter.

It seems like it will work great and I can use either way. Here are a few photos of it!

Thanks for starting this thread or I would have been ill-prepared! :D

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_2899.jpg http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/gtflygirl/IMG_2897.jpg

oooh! i love that kipling bag.
    the bag i'll be wearing is big, but light and can hold whatever my family of four may need :/ eek.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Juberoo wrote:
    Is this recent???? She is wearing ring....Did Cameron and Kelly get married?

jesus... if i just contributed to the this thread turning into us weekly i will smash myself in the hairy bean bag

:)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I'm carrying a small drawstring corduroy backpack/purse. I carry it to most shows...its got a great hidden pocket in the lining to carry in things you don't want others to find. I can wear it on my back or switch it around and wear it frontwards. It also holds a rolled PJ poster nicely and cleanly!

also, Foxy you don't need the lip gloss. You need something w/ spf to keep your lips from getting burnt!

heehee hidden pocket! And I've got my face & body SPF 50 with UVA/UVB Helioplex, etc. all lined up.. I'm ms. sunblock, because I burn so bad I bleed. gross, I know. A little gloss doesn't hurt over it :)
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP! that is SO gangsta!!! :eek:
    but you know what? if anyone can pull that off.....its you foxxxy!!! :D
    LOL It looks like that is the statement I'm gonna be making, because I can't find a decent bag to use instead... "bum bag" what they call it in England heeehee

LovetheJam wrote:

That is a cute bag... it looks like you use it a bunch of different ways too... I tried Macy's last night and came up empty handed, though there was a cute LAMB Harajduko (sp?) bag, though too flashy for me..
    Was it Pittsburgh where you got the tambourine from Mike? I saw you briefly afterward. I think I met you in Cleveland too at the pre-concert fundraiser and then at CInci after the concert at the bar across the river. Then saw each other again at Gorge, but we were both too toasted or exhausted to say much. Nice to talk to you again. Maybe I'll see ya at Lolla. Still trying for a tic to Vic-but not looking good. Every night for 3 nights, I've been dreaming of clicking on ticket icon and getting Buy button and then going thru entire transaction and getting tickets in my profile. My brain won't let go.
    Oh..that was... Cleveland then, I think? They all get jumbled together in a mass of flashes and highlights and fun times :o The Gorge..yeah.. I was out of it. Tooo hot!
    bostonlou wrote:
    jesus... if i just contributed to the this thread turning into us weekly i will smash myself in the hairy bean bag

Can someone translate? :confused:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Can someone translate? :confused:

someone started asking cameron questions

so i didn't want to turn the thread into a gossip column

and i threatened self harm if it happened... and added a something about mary flavor to the threat
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    yea im bring ing a few bags :)
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I was convinced not to wear flip flops. Let's just say my shoes are lesbian-friendly. lol But comfy and Iwon't get my toes squashed.
    :eek: I always wear flip flops....i didn't think about squashed toes, damn.
    thanks for the heads up.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    thanks for the heads up.
    It certainly wasn't my idea. lol
    Someone asked what les-friendly shoes are. They are made of men. lol
    No, I just didn't want to offend anyone or make them think I didn't like lesbians.
    They are butchie shoes, is all. Not something I would go out on a date in, more like to hike in.
    I think I will start in flops, though.
    THough now I am thinking wellies are the way to go!
    Oh, the decisions we girls are faced with.
    How much lipgloss, what shoes, etc.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    thanks for the heads up.

35000-50,000

u better not wear flip flops ;) thats 100,000 feet stompingaround
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea im bring ing a few bags :)
    Sayve some for Da kid there Sexy HEHE C ya Sun bro
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Sayve some for Da kid there Sexy HEHE C ya Sun bro

;);)
  • Options
    I have 2 broken toes, so I have to wear flip flops... so if you see me, stay off my feet :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:

What do you mean by "lesbian-friendly?" Do all lesbians like these shoes that you're talking about? Do they have rainbows on them? Actually, I have some shoes with a little rainbow on them to show support/pride even though i'm straight, but I'm not wearing those b/c they'll get ruined in the pits.
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    I am so glad I read this post! I learned a ton about what to bring and wear, etc. I had planned on bringing this purse...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220126552421&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

but now I am not sure I want to carry that around all day....I may have to pull out my small messenger style bag. It's not PJ related though..:D
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    JoWesley wrote:
    I am so glad I read this post! I learned a ton about what to bring and wear, etc. I had planned on bringing this purse...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220126552421&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

but now I am not sure I want to carry that around all day....I may have to pull out my small messenger style bag. It's not PJ related though..:D

Yeah that bag may get wrecked.. you'd probably want to go for something sturdy that can hold all the essentials :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥