smokin weed

123457»

Comments

• Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    crossing the border empty, need a hook up for the gorge :P
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?

well I havent read all the pages of this thread, but perhaps the dude is subject to random drug testing and cannot be near smoke, that being said, it is a freaking rock concert

perhaps he was an anti smoking zealot, there are a few around

some people just dont like smoking, illegal drugs, weed or otherwise, and as a smoker you need to respect that, especially if he threatens to call the cops/security-after all he is breathing the air you are puffing into
  • Options
    In the words of Sublime....."Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informers call 911."

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Yeah I have "One" magical final one for myself and im LUKIN forward to it tooooooo
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Options
    WickedJeremyWickedJeremy Posts: 229
    -Jeremy
  • Options
    -Jeremy
  • Options
    -Jeremy
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?
    That sucks man but maybe you should have just been considerate and stopped smoking when he asked. I understand that people want to get high at the shows....well, I actually don't understand it. PJ gets me higher than any drug I've ever done (and I've done nearly all of them). I wouldn't ever want to fuck up a good PJ high by trying any other kind of drug at a concert.

Plus, last night in Vegas the two people on either side of me were smoking pot throughout the show. It really isn't considerate when there are lots of people there that don't want to breathe that shit in and out all night long. For me personally, I have to drug test each week so I'm a bit worried about it. The testing they use is oral swab so it doesn't matter what I drink. Also, my threshhold for pot is really low so it is possible to test dirty from second-hand pot smoke. Maybe this dude was in a similar boat. I haven't ever asked someone to stop smoking, but I was waving my hands ever time I smelled it so I could try to get some fresher air to breathe.
  • Options
    -Jeremy
  • Options
    PrlGrl23PrlGrl23 Posts: 22
    culot4 wrote:
    Wow I read this and was just sorta...Huh? We got into this one exhaustingly already but after reading this post I just can't resist the urge to respond. You put a " reverse spin " on this all right. You put so much of a reverse spin on it I take issue with every single sentence. First anf foremost I am a pot smoker. People that want to herbally enhance their PJ experience are not "pitiful". Who says we can't experience it without weed. I can expereince it without being high, I just would prefer to be blowing a cloud. There is a difference between hearing WMA or In My Tree after a smoke and some people just like listening to music that way. When PJ is right in front of you and you're hearing and seeing it live..its a surreal experience right after smoking some buds. I don't have the opportunity to travel and see PJ in multiple cities. I have a job and I have responsibilities so when I get to see my favorite band just one time in 3 years in my home city...You better believe if I'm a pot smoker I'm going to get lit up for it. If you're going to flash dirty looks and go get security and be a shit about it..then whats your deal? I'm not trying to blow it in your personal space and I surely don't make a spectacle about it and act like a jerkoff. Its very quiet and private how we go about it but I can't help the smell of it. Why don't you just deal with it and realize where you are?
    Ok so you and I need to chil... LOL! seriously!
    ~The ocean is full 'cause everyone's crying~

One great big festering neon distraction,
    Ive a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
    Learn to swim.

http://www.myspace.com/wrinkle_in_time
    http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/prlgrl23/
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    For me personally, I have to drug test each week so I'm a bit worried about it. The testing they use is oral swab so it doesn't matter what I drink. Also, my threshhold for pot is really low so it is possible to test dirty from second-hand pot smoke. Maybe this dude was in a similar boat. I haven't ever asked someone to stop smoking, but I was waving my hands ever time I smelled it so I could try to get some fresher air to breathe.

Exactly why anybody using illegal drugs needs to be considerate of those around, lets not even get into the second hand smoke issue.

I like to burn one at the shows, but not if it pisses off those around me or put me in danger of being ejected or arrested.
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I have drugs tests a few times a week too. I have to test alot of joints :)
  • Options
    kitkatkitkat Posts: 31
    I cannot believe a pearl jam fan would turn someone in for smoking weed at the concert! so sorry to hear that. I understand if some people do not like it, but this a Pearl Jam concert...by the way las vegas rocked hard and our U11 section smoked hard, but we had a blast! The guy in the Stones t-shirt needs to learn to RELAXE!
    Lollapalooza 1992
    San Jose 1993
    Fresno 2000
    Las Vegas 2006
    Santa Cruz - E.V. 2008
  • Options
    hey guys,

Im flying into chicago from toronto for lollapalooza and cannot bring weed across the border...

If someone is able to hook me up, please send me a PM.
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Since I've lit up at every show I've been too in and outside the Netherlands I think it's pretty pathetic someone would tell security on you. Assuming someone is wasted after smoking is a bit strange, I don't get wasted but get more off a sensation out of the whole live experience and share with who ever wants, and thats quite some people at every show. Drunk people who don't know the lyrics and that are really loud, security should throw them out.. Be polite to those around you and enjoy the show!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Sublime said it well:

I want to know right now
    is there one of you in the crowd
    are you gonna call 911
    and spoil all of my fun
    you crazy fools

I'm in the mood
    get ready
    I'm in the mood
    come on now yeah
    load up the bong
    crank up the song
    let the informer call 911
    Don't gimme no lip
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    who cares i mean seriously its a rock concert, id rather be next to a pot head then a drunken frat guy who only knows the words to ten. when i went to jersey 1 last year there were 2 guys in front of me that were smoking outta a pipe the whole show and it wasnt pot. did i care, fuck no, i actually liked the smell of it, it made the show more fun
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I would never have cause to complain at a concert about this considering I'm sitting in my living room with the windows open and the neighbors are on their deck.....right next to my living room and all I smell is pot smoke!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    wendy wrockswendy wrocks Posts: 135
    14 pages on a joint!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!

Holy Crap - back in the day - we would would have rolled this thread up and smoked it.......

I'm just saying.

And I have been to 2 concerts in the last few months where obnoxious drunks ended up in handcuffs (Thank God). and not for actually drinking - for being piss drunk! So your telling me an obnoxious (dangerous) derunk (that's a typo - but I think DE- RUNK says it better) is better than a quiet stoner? - I'm just saying....

Next PJ show look me up - I'll be happy to participate.
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    who cares i mean seriously its a rock concert, id rather be next to a pot head then a drunken frat guy who only knows the words to ten. when i went to jersey 1 last year there were 2 guys in front of me that were smoking outta a pipe the whole show and it wasnt pot. did i care, fuck no, i actually liked the smell of it, it made the show more fun

So they were smoking rock or crack? And that smelled good to you?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    It's a rock concert.

I mean I have a heat allergy, I don't bother people with it. Why should hundreds of people have to adjust to me? I know I can have allergic reactions, fuck it I take precautions. I don't ask people to stand 10 ft away from me.

I also don't like it when someone throws beer all over me, but it's a rock concert and that's what you should expect.

Anyway, I won't toke inside. I will do it at festivals like Werchter where I shared it with two wonderful jammers, a guy from California and a girl from Brazil. I wish I could have invited them to come and toke with us after the show.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    It's a mystery how most people in this thread seems to only think about themselves. I f*ckin hate getting smoke blown in my face, i dont care if its pot or cigarettes. And cause its a rock n' roll show, its ok? Rock n' roll is bout doing what you like? Next time i've drunk a couple of beers before a show, ill be sure to take a piss on some ignorant smoker, cause thats what i would like to do. And when PJ starts playing ill make sure ill jump on your feet too....cause thats what you do at rock n' roll shows.

If you dont respect others, you shouldnt go to a PJ show, thats my opinion.
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253

that wasnt very nice ..
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    its_ok wrote:
    It's a mystery how most people in this thread seems to only think about themselves. I f*ckin hate getting smoke blown in my face, i dont care if its pot or cigarettes. And cause its a rock n' roll show, its ok? Rock n' roll is bout doing what you like? Next time i've drunk a couple of beers before a show, ill be sure to take a piss on some ignorant smoker, cause thats what i would like to do. And when PJ starts playing ill make sure ill jump on your feet too....cause thats what you do at rock n' roll shows.

If you dont respect others, you shouldnt go to a PJ show, thats my opinion.
    Respecting others involves pissing on them and jumping on their feet, never knew.. And unless it's some way of a chick asking for attention I don't like smoke being blown in my face either, who does?
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Obi Once wrote:
    Respecting others involves pissing on them and jumping on their feet, never knew.. And unless it's some way of a chick asking for attention I don't like smoke being blown in my face either, who does?

meetin' obi in a thread about smokin' weed, who woulda EVER thunk that, eh? :D

btw - i agree. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    I personally avoid people who are rediculously drunk or smoking substances. That is why I rarely get the thrill of being up front at concerts. I've had far too many close calls with people like this in my lifetime. That's the sad part about concert going. Those who indulge do NOT think about anyone but themselves. It's all about THEIR enjoyment of the show....yet they forget that we too paid for tickets.

No one here is saying that you cannot do what you want with your own life. But....If you want to get so drunk that you are going to puke on someone or can't hold your pee until the end of the show...or if you feel the need to smoke crack or weed, do it after the show where it wont infringe on anyone elses rights or comfort.

It's very simple really. Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself. Consider the fact that everyone wants to enjoy the show and that your choices effect everyone around you.
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    what a fascinating thread :)

as you were
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Juberoo wrote:
    or if you feel the need to smoke crack or weed, do it after the show where it wont infringe on anyone elses rights or comfort.

yeah, i too am sick of people smoking crack at concerts!!!!

waitaminute.... WHAT?

ok, i agree about the drunks. i nearly had a very large dude fall on me during a metallica show. in fact, it's because one of my friends couldn't make it to the show that i wasn't sitting in the seat this very large drunk fell onto from one row back.

but stoners never do any harm. does the scent of marijuana offend you? because it's a very nice aroma to me.