Cancelled!

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    haha not one bit. I don't drink any of those beers anymore. I did when I was younger. the only "mainstream" beers I drink are MGD (bottle only-can is gross), and Coors Banquet/Original. The rest are mostly local. 
    I had a Coors original a week or so ago...it's been years as we usually get Coors Light which is considered shit around here.

It was really good...love the glass bottles. I know what you mean about MGD, I don't drink it but there is a burger place in OH where we get regular Miller in the glass bottles and for some reason it is just perfect at that place. I don't drink it anywhere else though.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yeah, it's amazing the difference between original and light. light is just trash. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    bud light sucks anyway. 
    It's probably my last choice...unless the only other choice is PBR or something

I just think it's hilarious that the right cries about "cancel culture" yet they do it every chance they get and conveniently ignore the hypocricy.

Budweiser heavy is a great beer though. It's the rice.

regular bud is even worse than light. 
    You're just mad that Bud bought Labatt

you mean InBev, no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    We need to cancel "Cancelled!" and re-name it "The AMT Beer Thread".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    bud light sucks anyway. 

I just think it's hilarious that the right cries about "cancel culture" yet they do it every chance they get and conveniently ignore the hypocricy.

Both suck compared to beer.  But this take is as weak as a Bud Light.  Bud heavy all day if it's just a choice between the 2 of them!!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    bud light sucks anyway. 

Both suck compared to beer.  But this take is as weak as a Bud Light.  Bud heavy all day if it's just a choice between the 2 of them!!!!
    Agreed. Regular Bud was one of my favorites when all I was drinking was the macrobrews.

I don't like IPAs so I cannot be a "beer snob." That said, I really don't like the Buds, Millers, Mich Goldens, etc. So I'm not really a factor in Bud Light sales but if I'm ever in a spot where the only options are that kind of crap, I'll go for Bud Light for sure.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Regular Bud is awful.  Have not picked that when there is an option since I was 16 or so.  
    I'm in the bud light over bud camp....especially if it pisses off the people who hate trans folks
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    you all are missing out. the clear choice here is busch bavarian. or as we st louisans call it, busch heavy.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    mickeyrat said:
    bud light sucks anyway. 

You're just mad that Bud bought Labatt

you mean InBev, no?
    I'm still upset that InBev stopped importing Boddington's into Canada.  I know UK people look down on it, but I love a cream ale w/ Nitro, and it's nice to have something other that Kilkenny available  (but do I ever love Kilkenny).
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    I pretty much like all beer, except IPAs are way too hoppy nowadays and sour beers.
    Drinking Bar Beer right now.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Ha.  That is fantastic 
    edited May 2023
    Smellyman said:
    I pretty much like all beer, except IPAs are way too hoppy nowadays and sour beers.

at 10 am?

dude trust me....
    aa.org
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:

at 10 am?

dude trust me....
    aa.org

I am 15 hours ahead of US west coast
    Smellyman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Smellyman said:

at 10 am?

dude trust me....
    aa.org

I am 15 hours ahead of US west coast

ah ok. well put that in your back pocket.....

That is 👍 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Smellyman said:
    I used to be the IPA guy and I still don't mind a good one every so often but I have switched to craft lagers/pilsners whenever possible. 

There is a brewery in Fairmount, IN that sells The Dude Abides....great pilsner that is starting to pop up in a lot of restaurants around me.

Zombie Dust by Three Floyds is a great pale ale...not as bitter as the IPAs

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Anyone else get cancelled this weekend?

So I went to a comedy show out here in Long Island.  I was surprised that they used the word "retarted" and "gay" in a few of their sets.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest, you just don't here that anymore or I don't go to enough comedy shows.

its the cult followers...... so their god was inclusive enough to sell pride items......

So I went to a comedy show out here in Long Island.  I was surprised that they used the word "retarted" and "gay" in a few of their sets.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest, you just don't here that anymore or I don't go to enough comedy shows.

context is everything

he tried to ban trans people from serving in the military. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mickeyrat said:

context is everything
    I tend to agree but when Billie Eilish was given a ration of shit for her use of the word but thankfully that got shot down.

People are overly sensitive now and almost taught to be offended about every little thing.
    mickeyrat said:

context is everything
    I tend to agree but when Billie Eilish was given a ration of shit for her use of the word but thankfully that got shot down.

People are overly sensitive now and almost taught to be offended about every little thing.
    being offended over "retard" is not being overly sensitive it's exactly the right amount of sensitive. 

imagine if someone in the audience has a child that is mentally challenged. my director calls things he disagrees with "retarded" all the time. one of my coworkers has a severely disabled (mentally and physically) child (and he obviously knows this). she piped up a couple weeks ago "STOP SAYING THAT WORD". He was fucking clueless. He looked around like he had no idea what just happened. 

I understand comedy shows are different from the workplace. But there's a few things you just don't joke about. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD