Cancelled!

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    JK Rowling did a podcast about her comments to being a woman.  It was very insiteful.

Give a listen.,
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-witch-trials-of-j-k-rowling/id1671691064
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I have to say, I totally agree with Mr. Hanks:
    May be an image of 1 person and text that says Let me decide what I am offended by and what Im not offended by would be against reading any book from any era that says abridged due to modern sensitivities -Tom Hanks
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?
    It IS funny, because it's all motivated by homophobia from the right. 

Fucking bigots. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Fucking bigots. 
    Have a bud light now is a thing to say....have heard variations on it a bunch of times.
    Total assholes.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Fucking bigots. 
    Ok. Well let's turn this around. This is like Pearl Jam wanting to play 4 dates in Texas. Look at all of the outrage that Pearl Jam could do such a thing. There's been plenty of people saying they would never go to these shows and spend money in that state and are now pissed off at Pearl Jam because in their mind, Pearl Jam are making a poor commercial decision. 

A bigot can be defined as: "a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc."

Pearl Jam made a decision to play Texas and it pissed off some of their fans. Bud Light made a decision to align themselves with someone like Dylan Mulvaney who plays an outrageous interpretation of a woman. It's your decision to call me homophobic because I'm calling Dylan Mulvaney a fraud. It is clearly a mockery of womanhood.

I'm sure some of the hatred is based off homophobia but not all of it but it's unfair to say "all motivated by homophobia" because that's not a true statement. 
    I don't get all of this.  If you disagree with budlight you should be able to and not be called homophobic.  That's just silly.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Fucking bigots. 
    Ok. Well let's turn this around. This is like Pearl Jam wanting to play 4 dates in Texas. Look at all of the outrage that Pearl Jam could do such a thing. There's been plenty of people saying they would never go to these shows and spend money in that state and are now pissed off at Pearl Jam because in their mind, Pearl Jam are making a poor commercial decision. 

A bigot can be defined as: "a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc."

Pearl Jam made a decision to play Texas and it pissed off some of their fans. Bud Light made a decision to align themselves with someone like Dylan Mulvaney who plays an outrageous interpretation of a woman. It's your decision to call me homophobic because I'm calling Dylan Mulvaney a fraud. It is clearly a mockery of womanhood.

I'm sure some of the hatred is based off homophobia but not all of it but it's unfair to say "all motivated by homophobia" because that's not a true statement. 
    I think it boils down to most people wanting to drink their beer without being hassled by some dipshit who's gone all Kid Rock over the situation.

From NBC news:

At a time of profound cultural and political division in the U.S., light beer drinkers simply don't want to be drawn into another debate about values, said Beer Business Daily editor and publisher Harry Schuhmacher.

"Most people don’t care about this issue and don’t want to get roped into a conversation," Schuhmacher said. "Therefore they're not going to buy the beer."

Given the wide array of choices available to beer drinkers, it's easy to switch brands, he said.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Fucking bigots. 

I didn't mention you at all,,, & if I did you would just play the victim & go whining to the mods about it, as is your MO. 

Cry about it. IDGAF
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i'm gonna drink bud light this evening because i hate the haters.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Fucking bigots. 

I didn't mention you at all,,, & if I did you would just play the victim & go whining to the mods about it, as is your MO. 

Cry about it. IDGAF
    You said, "all" which would include me. Not me specifically, but all still means all. 

If you didn't GAF, you wouldn't have said anything.....
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited May 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

So technically, their marketing campaign caused sales to temporarily go up the past 3 months, but now they've leveled off. Although, I have read they lost billions in value, but I wonder if the billions was initially what they gained before dropping back down?
    It's a hopeless situation...
    I'll drink it just to start a ruckus even if I don't give a shit, lol!
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Fucking bigots. 

Cry about it. IDGAF
    You said, "all" which would include me. Not me specifically, but all still means all. 

If you didn't GAF, you wouldn't have said anything.....
    Cry about it. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I don't like it but will happily drink it now to let the jackasses who hate Trans people get upset about it.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

I had no clue who Dylan Mulvaney was until people started losing their shit over this bud light thing... now I know and my life is no different than it was before. 

Funny how all that works. 
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    tbergs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

So technically, their marketing campaign caused sales to temporarily go up the past 3 months, but now they've leveled off. Although, I have read they lost billions in value, but I wonder if the billions was initially what they gained before dropping back down?
    Your looking at a 6 month chart - didn't all this start April 1st?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Yuck.  I hated Bud Light before it was cool.
    hippiemom = goodness

The only times I've had Bud Light in the last 10 years was one or two to be social on a night where I'm driving home.

Yuck.  I hated Bud Light before it was cool.
    lmao!

i don't love it, but with as infrequently as i drink these days it doesn't taste terrible and i can drink 5 or 6 and know exactly how i am going to feel in the morning. it beats some of the other beers i used to drink a lot of though.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

i'm at the point in my life where if someone wants to start shit with me over what i am drinking then screw them. it's their problem, not mine. there are plenty of other reasons to beat me up if they wanted to, haha.

The only times I've had Bud Light in the last 10 years was one or two to be social on a night where I'm driving home.

most of the concerts i go to, bud light is the best of the choices, haha.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bud light sucks anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited May 2023
    bud light sucks anyway. 
    It's probably my last choice...unless the only other choice is PBR or something

I just think it's hilarious that the right cries about "cancel culture" yet they do it every chance they get and conveniently ignore the hypocricy.

Budweiser heavy is a great beer though. It's the rice.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    tbergs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Funny. No update?

Your looking at a 6 month chart - didn't all this start April 1st?
    The 52 week range is $45 to $67 so it's still up 27% from the 52 week low

But hey...keep boycotting and dancing on Anheuser's dominance of the market

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    bud light sucks anyway. 

I just think it's hilarious that the right cries about "cancel culture" yet they do it every chance they get and conveniently ignore the hypocricy.

regular bud is even worse than light. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

bud light sucks anyway. 

regular bud is even worse than light. 
    You're just mad that Bud bought Labatt

haha not one bit. I don't drink any of those beers anymore. I did when I was younger. the only "mainstream" beers I drink are MGD (bottle only-can is gross), and Coors Banquet/Original. The rest are mostly local. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD