Options

Atlanta 2024

Comments

• Options
    gtwake360gtwake360 Posts: 16
    Sucks that the last time they played here was Music Midtown 2012. Piedmont Park is a great setting for a festival, but the restroom options suck! If you're in g-pop, you have to wait an hour to get into a porta potty. At least it seems that way! Luckily we had some "clients" who we could "entertain" at MM, so we bought VIP tickets for $1,200 a pop or something absurd like that. Paid for by my company. So we got all-you-can-drink beer and special, air-condititioned restrooms with no wait. Haven't been back to MM since!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    gtwake360 said:
    Sucks that the last time they played here was Music Midtown 2012. Piedmont Park is a great setting for a festival, but the restroom options suck! If you're in g-pop, you have to wait an hour to get into a porta potty. At least it seems that way! Luckily we had some "clients" who we could "entertain" at MM, so we bought VIP tickets for $1,200 a pop or something absurd like that. Paid for by my company. So we got all-you-can-drink beer and special, air-condititioned restrooms with no wait. Haven't been back to MM since!
    Weird, I remember getting into the porta-pottys pretty easily there in 2012. Is the festival still held at Piedmont Park?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    gtwake360 said:
    $1,200 a pop to poop
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,122
    LukinFan said:
    gtwake360 said:
    Weird, I remember getting into the porta-pottys pretty easily there in 2012. Is the festival still held at Piedmont Park?
    Yes, festival is still at the park. Canceled last year due to a lawsuit from someone upset the festival would not allow open carry weapons. He sued since it is city property. It was ready to go and promoters had to cancel because of safety issues.

I think it is back on this fall at Piedmont again. I’m assuming they worked out the legal issue.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    LukinFan said:
    gtwake360 said:
    Yes, festival is still at the park. Canceled last year due to a lawsuit from someone upset the festival would not allow open carry weapons. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ugh. Crazy that they had to cancel the festival and millions of dollars for the local economy because one dude was upset people couldn’t bring weapons (no way he was going anyway!).

Glad it’s back on. Although not jazzed about the line up.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

I think it is back on this fall at Piedmont again. I’m assuming they worked out the legal issue.
    Shaky Knees figured it out, and it worked out well. You have to run the entrance to the public space through private property, have weapons banned on said property and that's how you skirt the law. It's positively ludicrous that we have to go to these lengths in order to make it happen....but here, we are.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    LukinFan said:
    gtwake360 said:
    I think it depended on which side of the stage you were on. I think if you were on Stone's side, it was easier to navigate because there was more space to the right. I always go to Mike's side so it kind of bottle-necked between the VIP area and the soundbooth. I got out with some effort around 3 but, by 5, it was just a mass of people and difficult to work your way through. Plus, you get hassled by the gen pop so it doesn't make it any easier.

I was HIGHLY disappointed with my fellow PJ fans in the pit for Greenville 2016. My wife was breastfeeding our 6-month old twins and had to leave during the show to pump. She never came back (she did text to let me know all was good). When I finally found her at the end of the show, she said she tried to come back but got harassed by a few of our brethren and so she just waited outside.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options

Shaky Knees figured it out, and it worked out well. You have to run the entrance to the public space through private property, have weapons banned on said property and that's how you skirt the law. It's positively ludicrous that we have to go to these lengths in order to make it happen....but here, we are.
    Nice work around! But, yes ludicrous. 
  • Options
    Bump to the thought of a crowd of 2,500 at the Tabernacle really seeing what that 110+ year old building can handle! 
  • Options
    Bump to the thought of a crowd of 2,500 at the Tabernacle really seeing what that 110+ year old building can handle! 
    Yes, I’d be happy to be on the GA floor and feel the bounce. Hell, if Live can make it happen, surely PJ can!
  • Options
    “Fuck it, I’ll pay for it!”

Ed right before the band kicks into RITFW at the end of their 2012 show at Midtown! My 8th show and first after 6 years, and can you believe my first time hearing them play RITFW?! I was freaking out!

Second time I’ve heard Ed say screw the curfew, we will pay it (I know they do it plenty), but it was especially nice in my hometown! Loved hearing them pack as much as they could into a 2 hour festival set. I listened to the boot over the last two days at work as I packed up my office and wound things down for the summer (school’s out!). Nice way to end the school year!

PJ, come back and give me a new hometown boot to close out the year with!
  • Options
    Bump.

ATL (or the 'burbs) has been wonderful recently. Not your normal melty weather.

Let's shoot for spring 2024 - right after the pollen and just before final exams.
  • Options
    DC111483DC111483 Posts: 51
    BUMP 

Have already started show season this year (for those who are so inclined, Dead and Co was incredible Sunday) and I am excited at even the slightest possibility that Pearl Jam will be here again at some point. 
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    DC111483 said:
    BUMP 

Have already started show season this year (for those who are so inclined, Dead and Co was incredible Sunday) and I am excited at even the slightest possibility that Pearl Jam will be here again at some point. 
    I was at the show Sunday and it was 🔥 for sure.  Also, this was the biggest turnout for vendors on Shakedown Street I’ve ever seen in Atlanta.  Great show all the way around.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    Maybe Music Midtown runs their entrance thru Park Tavern
  • Options
    Bump for Atlanta! Or come out to Duluth to Gas South arena. Then, I can get fresh tamales (mole) and homemade tortilla chip nachos (al pastor) at La Mixteca before the show! So good!

• Options
    gtwake360gtwake360 Posts: 16
    gtwake360 said:
    $1,200 a pop to poop
    And AYCD beers! All on the company's dime!

Someone mentioned The Tabernacle. And of course, there's no way that could happen unless tix were astronomical. But it reminded me that I saw Foo Fighters at the freakin' Tabernacle! It was 2007 (I had to Google it to remember the year). And they were WAY too big to be playing at that venue. The rest of that Echoes tour took place in arenas and amphitheaters.

Dave played/sang a song while standing on the bar right in front of me (interrupting my drink order). Probably one of my favorite concerts ever.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Bump for Atlanta! Or come out to Duluth to Gas South arena. Then, I can get fresh tamales (mole) and homemade tortilla chip nachos (al pastor) at La Mixteca before the show! So good!

That would be too perfect. That place is so small, I doubt they’d play there (or at least it seems small).
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387

That would be too perfect. That place is so small, I doubt they’d play there (or at least it seems small).
    Pretty similar to Greenville I assume. So there is hope! But to cater to Atlanta… yeah probably too small
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Definitely too small. Unless a two or three night stand? I think it’s 12,500? Might be wrong. Although heading to Dickies Arena in September, I think that’s a similar capacity?
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    matt3846matt3846 Atlanta Posts: 153
    U2 played at Gwinnett Arena in 2018. Springsteen, Foo Fighters, and RHCP have played there also.
    I think it’s a definite possibility.
    Of course I’m biased because it’s 7 minutes from where I live.
  • Options
    Well if QOTSA can play the Fox in a couple months, no reason PJ can't in 2024!
  • Options
    With 97.7 playing plenty of PJ and the reborn 99X, who might could promote the show, I’m super confident for 2024! Let’s go!
  • Options
    DC111483DC111483 Posts: 51
    Who else would appreciate a surprise, secret “tune-up” show at some place like Variety Playhouse under a pseudonym like 5 Points Against One? They could do that before commencing with their residency at the Fox, right?
  • Options
    I would absolutely appreciate that! Variety Playhouse is my favorite venue. Then a residency! One can dream.

I’d also attend an in store at Criminal Records while we are wishing.
  • Options
    Bump for this! Have not listened to a lot these State of Love and Trust podcasts, but I have enjoyed some recently and found this one about Georgia!

Listening to it only boggles my mind more about the lack of Atlanta shows. 20 years since a non festival show. Come on PJ!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/state-of-love-trust-a-pearl-jam-podcast/id1515671275?i=1000505096020
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight..hope you did too...1, 2,3, 4..
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Noload said:

Cool picture
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Kevinman said:
    Noload said:

Cool picture
    Very cool pic. What’s it from? Looks like its displayed or in a book or something 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016