The Golf Thread

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Well this happened yesterday.  Clubhead on my 3 iron snapped off as I made contact and went 50 yards down the fairway.  Crazy.

I once had this with my driver at a range and the boss had to stop everyone hitting whilst I did the walk of shame 50 yards up the field to collect it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    ^
    haha...I too had that experience a few years back. Felt like such a schmuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I felt so small. And you feel 30 peoples eyes on you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Well this happened yesterday.  Clubhead on my 3 iron snapped off as I made contact and went 50 yards down the fairway.  Crazy.

Interesting enough I had this happen to my old Titelists too, mine were steel shafts though.  My pro partner says I hit them too far on the heel and caused this.  It happened to 3 of my clubs...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Pretty quiet around here.  Hopefully everyone is playing golf.  I've started walking more 9 holes in the evenings.  Pretty relaxing.  Practicing on the course rather than the range.  Just need to bring some bad golf balls I don't mind losing and keep on eye out for some along the way to replace them.   After all these years I'm finally using the bounce on the club.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    very happy for jason day. I’ve always liked the guy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Agree.  I'm sure he's working really hard to compete with all the young guns and cool to see him beat out world #2.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Brooks and Bryson received clear and distinct boos on the first tee at pga today. Probably would have been drowned out by a larger crowd if the weather was better, but still glad to hear the fans most loyal to the game (showing up in very poor weather) have a good idea what the score is with these two Saudi golfers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Koepka at +120 seems like pretty easy money with those odds, no?
    edited May 2023
    This block dude is a character. Hope he wins a ton of money 
    Brooks and Bryson received clear and distinct boos on the first tee at pga today. Probably would have been drowned out by a larger crowd if the weather was better, but still glad to hear the fans most loyal to the game (showing up in very poor weather) have a good idea what the score is with these two Saudi golfers
    can you leave the saudi tour or will they cut you up with a bone saw if you try? I think koepka kinda regrets his decision.

I kinda miss having tiger around to root against.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Wobbie said:
    can you leave the saudi tour or will they cut you up with a bone saw if you try? I think koepka kinda regrets his decision.

The penalty for beaching their LIV contracts is 4x their signing bonus. So it’s be like $400 million for Brooks to leave. 

The people booing Brooks and Bryson are probably the same dumbasses that yell “Baba Booey” or “mashed potatoes” after a player hits. That’s not to say I think there aren’t a good portion of people that may dislike them due to LIV. But to audibly boo on the opening tee of a golf major is definitely something reserved for the Baba Booey bros. 

I have Brooks to win at +930 (bet placed on Thursday during round 1) and another bet at +380 (placed yesterday when he was outplaying everyone). Scheffler is four stokes back and he’s always a concern. I’d bet anything against Hovland (feel free to throw this back in my face when he wins). And Connors is a wildcard. Don’t know what to expect from him today. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Those complete idiot's that shout that shit need kicking out. Brainless dickheads.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Hahahahahhahahah block!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Didn't realize until my mom mentioned this but Oak Hill is like 15 minutes from my sister although her and her husband don't watch golf at all.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Koepka.   You gotta respect his game.  Five majors in this era is impressive.   Got his $100M and gets to continue to play in the majors.   He got the best of both worlds.  

US government takes money from transactions with Saudi Arabia so I can’t blame these LIV players, other than those suing and bashing PGA tour.  DJ and Koepka have stayed above the fray.
    edited May 2023
    19 rounds in Ireland start about a month from now!  All walking.  50/50 i can’t finish due to injury.  Can’t wait.

Wobbie said:

The penalty for beaching their LIV contracts is 4x their signing bonus. So it’s be like $400 million for Brooks to leave. 

The people booing Brooks and Bryson are probably the same dumbasses that yell “Baba Booey” or “mashed potatoes” after a player hits. That’s not to say I think there aren’t a good portion of people that may dislike them due to LIV. But to audibly boo on the opening tee of a golf major is definitely something reserved for the Baba Booey bros. 

I have Brooks to win at +930 (bet placed on Thursday during round 1) and another bet at +380 (placed yesterday when he was outplaying everyone). Scheffler is four stokes back and he’s always a concern. I’d bet anything against Hovland (feel free to throw this back in my face when he wins). And Connors is a wildcard. Don’t know what to expect from him today. 
    How long are their LIV contracts for? Maybe when they’re up, they can take their generational wealth and walk away.

I get what you’re saying about the US government and all but I have no problem with the booing, “golf major” or not. People are showing their disapproval of young multi millionaires who chose to pad their already hefty bank accounts with blood money. I think Koepka regrets his decision (maybe I’m an idiot).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

How long are their LIV contracts for? Maybe when they’re up, they can take their generational wealth and walk away.

I get what you’re saying about the US government and all but I have no problem with the booing, “golf major” or not. People are showing their disapproval of young multi millionaires who chose to pad their already hefty bank accounts with blood money. I think Koepka regrets his decision (maybe I’m an idiot).
    I'm not exactly sure but I think the LIV contracts are in the 4-5 year range. 

I don't have a problem with the booing either. But I definitely think it's the Baba Booey bros, and I think they just enjoy the idea of booing in the same way they enjoy yelling shit. I doubt many of them are taking a moral high ground regarding "blood money." It's more that they have a "license to boo." And speaking of this "blood money" (isn't it really oil money...like the actual money comes from oil doesn't it?), Kopeka gets a $1 million bonus from LIV for winning a major. Just another example of a damn young multimillionaire padding his hefty bank account.

Anyway, that shit aside, what a great win for Koepka. Won't get much love for it because he's a dastardly LIV golfer, but this is one hell of a comeback from injury. He was on top in 2019, fell off due to injury, lost his confidence as evidenced by his Netflix appearance (and maybe as evidenced by the signing with LIV), but now he's back on top. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I hope Viktor can get a major soon.  Seems like a good dude.
    I hope Viktor can get a major soon.  Seems like a good dude.
    Reminds me of Zalatoris before he got injured. Always in the mix. The wins will come. Always seems to have one disaster hole in the final round when he’s contending. It was the bunker debacle yesterday. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Wobbie said:

Nice bets.  So 1200 for a 200 bet then?

People still yell that shit?  Jeeze.  That is one stupid habit I thought would die.

Or how about the people that yell "get in the hole!"
    Wobbie said:

People still yell that shit?  Jeeze.  That is one stupid habit I thought would die.

I only bet $100 each time so it was a $930 and $380 for a total $1,310. I then took half of that and it on the Miami Heat last night (I took the points like a coward. I had a feeling the moneyline was the right bet). So great sports day all around. 

As dumb as "Get in the hole" is, it's Shakespeare compared to some of the stuff those morons yell. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wobbie said:

I only bet $100 each time so it was a $930 and $380 for a total $1,310. I then took half of that and it on the Miami Heat last night (I took the points like a coward. I had a feeling the moneyline was the right bet). So great sports day all around. 

As dumb as "Get in the hole" is, it's Shakespeare compared to some of the stuff those morons yell. 
    I kinda wish all tournaments were like The Masters and they just immediately tossed all those idiots for yelling shit.
    Wobbie said:

Baba Booey was yelled back when Stern was on regular radio so that has to be almost 30 years now?  I remember them talking about it on air. 

Do people that yell it even know that it was from the Howard Stern Show, lol?
    Wtf is mash potato. Blows my mind these cretins
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

That shot was the best thing I've seen in sports for a while.
    eddiec said:

That shot was the best thing I've seen in sports for a while.
    He won 288K for his 15th place finish and was invited to next weeks tournament on an exemption.

Pretty damn cool.
    Phenomenal.  Two over in the final round of a major while paired with Rory.  And add in a hole in one.  Crazy.