HBO Max

2»

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited April 2023
    I think the app will just update. All of your lists and where you are in watching shows will just transfer over.
    It's merging with Discovery + so i think there will be a new app. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    It says it will update 
    I miss igotid88
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    We started watching Love and Death last night. Ep1 really good....

Also started White House Plumbers. Also good.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We started watching Love and Death last night. Ep1 really good....

Also started White House Plumbers. Also good.
    Nice - I think we may start one/both of those tonight
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    MayDay10 said:
    reminds me of the beginning theme to prime time soaps
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2023
    So yeah....Love & Death is an excellent series.

I had no idea that it was based on a true story and that there was also a series on Hulu about the same story called "Candy".

There are two episodes left on the HBO series. May 11 and May 18 are the release dates.

Do yourself a favor and resist looking up the story. I caved and researched it yesterday prior to watching episodes 3 and 4. I wish I hadn't done that but I will say that the HBO series follows the facts very well.

Fucking insane story. I can't believe I wasn't aware of it before because I love true crime.

If you really want to do it right....prepare to watch episodes 1-5 a few days prior to the final episode on May 18 and then watch the final in real time. 
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

I had no idea that it was based on a true story and that there was also a series on Hulu about the same story called "Candy".

There are two episodes left on the HBO series. May 11 and May 18 are the release dates.

Do yourself a favor and resist looking up the story. I caved and researched it yesterday prior to watching episodes 3 and 4. I wish I hadn't done that but I will say that the HBO series follows the facts very well.

Fucking insane story. I can't believe I wasn't aware of it before because I love true crime.

If you really want to do it right....prepare to watch episodes 1-5 a few days prior to the final episode on May 18 and then watch the final in real time. 
    Did you like True Detective on HBO?  Thought season 1 and 3 were excellent.  
    mrussel1 said:

Loved it....I was good with S2 also. Can't wait for S4.

mrussel1 said:

I didn't know a season 4 was coming.  Good to know.  After the long break, I have high hopes for something extraordinary.  That's how I think of S1.  It blew me away.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't know a season 4 was coming.  Good to know.  After the long break, I have high hopes for something extraordinary.  That's how I think of S1.  It blew me away.  
    Yeah S1 was off the charts.

Jodi Foster stars in S4...should be really good

Arghh, no release date. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Anyone else have to log in to hbo max way more often than other apps?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I used to (but here it’s Crave/HBO). I figured out why. If someone signed in on another tv, it would sign me out on mine. And if I hadn’t watched for a while, I’d have to get that stupid code on my phone again and all that crap. I told my kids and wife “HBO ONLY ON THE BASEMENT TV!!”. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I used to (but here it’s Crave/HBO). I figured out why. If someone signed in on another tv, it would sign me out on mine. And if I hadn’t watched for a while, I’d have to get that stupid code on my phone again and all that crap. I told my kids and wife “HBO ONLY ON THE BASEMENT TV!!”. 
    GET OFF THE LAWN!  
    mrussel1 said:
    GET OFF THE LAWN!  
    LOL a positive consequence to this...my daughter now watches Yellowjackets with us. It's a little family tv gathering we get excited about each friday. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Watching second season of 100 Foot Wave. Great show!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Watching second season of 100 Foot Wave. Great show!
    Awesome. I really enjoyed the first season. I didn’t know season 2 had started. 
    Darn. They're not going to have Ghosts anymore. I was looking forward to season 4.
    I miss igotid88
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Telemarketers… absurd and fantastic.
  • Telemarketers… absurd and fantastic.
    Started watching this the other night. The freaks in the office made me add it to my list. I’ll have to watch the rest now.