Options

Why does the Ten Club merch suck so bad?

NP657671NP657671 Posts: 5
edited April 2023 in The Porch
I've been a Ten Club member forever, and a Pearl Jam fan since the first time I heard them as a teenager in the early nineties...I've got all the spines...so don't take this the wrong way.

The designs for the annual Ten Club shirts are....well they just aren't cool. There hasn't been a single one over the years I've actually liked. They just seem to be an after thought. The license plate one is fine as a sticker, but would have been cooler if it was part of a larger design, eg on a car that was driving through the desert or in the rear view mirror.

Don't crap in my mouth and tell me it's a Big Mac. 

Look, I'll continue to be a Ten club member, primarily for the ticket purchasing benefits, but I do wish they'd put more work into putting together a cooler annual shirt, or give us the option to get a different one instead. I'd gladly take a spines t shirt or gigaton shirt instead of the license plate one.
Charlotte 1996 | 
Raleigh 1998 | 
Virginia Beach 2000 | 
Raleigh 2003 | 
Raleigh 2016 Thanks HB2 | 
Columbia 2016 | 
Baltimore 2020 Thanks COVID | 
Baltimore 2022 Thanks being the only original venue not rescheduled | 
Denver 2022 |
Baltimore 2024
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    But there’s a micro tour coming surely that’s more important then a tshirt no? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Goooooood morning campers! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Goooooood morning campers! 
    Yo!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I don't necessarily think it's a Ten Club exclusive issue. Pearl Jam t-shirts, by and large, haven't exactly been all that great over their career either. Most band shirts have flat out sucked for at least the last decade. It's like the designers think all these bands from the 90's & early 00's are still popular with current teenagers.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,260
    I don’t mind the designs as much as I mind the poor quality materials they use 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    KK67764KK67764 Posts: 36
    Poor quality materials is the issue to me
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    boo 10c/SLH sucks!
    issues/questions/concerns I believe can be addressed privately to shipping@tenclub.net
    There I saved SLH from having to reply as he sips his coffee
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    edited April 2023

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    I'm happy for you tho

Or sorry that happened. 

• Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    I don't mean to diminish the negativity of the thread, but I kinda like the 10c shirts. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edocon said:
    I don't mean to diminish the negativity of the thread, but I kinda like the 10c shirts. 
    I love the one w/ the deer on the front. 

The free t shirt also isn't the reason I'm in the fan club, but to each his own. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,979
    I think the designs have been a mixed bag.  There's some I like and some I don't like.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Now I want a big mac 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Kwieneke said:
    I don’t mind the designs as much as I mind the poor quality materials they use 
    This is accurate.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,804
    I would really like to see their sizes be more accurate and also have them made in America. I also do not believe these two items are mutually exclusive. 

Fwiw IMHO iyam
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    You don't have to like everything, but please don't be rude and disrespectful. See the Posting Guidelines. Thank you

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

This discussion has been closed.