Photos of your guitars

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    static111 said:

Got this a couple days ago, the case doubles as a dog bed apparently.  I don't know about all of the IRIS guitars but this maple AB is great!

Cute, LOL! 
    Annie and your dog are on the same wave length!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

Got this a couple days ago, the case doubles as a dog bed apparently.  I don't know about all of the IRIS guitars but this maple AB is great!

Cute, LOL! 
    Annie and your dog are on the same wave length!

They make for good pet beds
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited February 2023

Almost done. Just need to glue and grout some.
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  •  @pjpjpaul- your Pearl Jam guitar project is So awesome! It's Way Cool beyond! You guys are really doing a great job w/ it. Amazing!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733

I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Don't have a photo, but happy to say that I took my Gibson SJ-200 to a luthier and wow. Among other things, he adjusted the neck and I had him put lighter gauge strings on it. Now it is the guitar that I always hoped it would be. Happy that I tried this first before putting it on the market. I will keep this forever.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Do Ed and Burce play the same tele? Are they both butterscotch blonde?Eddie Vedder
    The Story Behind Bruce Springsteens Favorite Guitar  Rolling Stone
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Same neck pickup
    Same neck pickup
    I think I read in some guitar magazine that ed has a p90 below the pick guard installed to look stealthy I think that was in the fretboard journal a few years ago.  Bruce is known to use gardens, but that looks like maybe a regular tele pickup with the cover removed?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    I wondered what they look like underneath
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Bruce's tele looks more naturally reliced that Ed's to me. 
    edited March 2023
    mace1229 said:
    If I remember correctly from that same Fretboard Journal issue that talked about him having a high output p90 under the guard stated that Ed's tele is a real deal 50's and not some custom shop relic job.

And if memory serves me correct, bruce retired "The Tele" and had fender and his own guitar tech make him replicas of the guitar.

So if that is all correct Ed's actually has a more natural relic...what a world
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    If I remember correctly from that same Fretboard Journal issue that talked about him having a high output p90 under the guard stated that Ed's tele is a real deal 50's and not some custom shop relic job.

And if memory serves me correct, bruce retired "The Tele" and had fender and his own guitar tech make him replicas of the guitar.

That s some solid info.  Thank you 
  • matt3846matt3846 Atlanta Posts: 153
    edited March 2023
    Don’t know when that Bruce pic is from… but if that’s not the real one, they sure did a heck of a job replicating the grain pattern.
    EDIT:  turns out the prior pic was from the Super Bowl 2009 performance where he brought the original out of retirement. 

Here is the original in 2021…

Post edited by matt3846 on

Just put a J Mascis MIJ Jazzmaster on layaway :) 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    matt3846 said:
    Don’t know when that Bruce pic is from… but if that’s not the real one, they sure did a heck of a job replicating the grain pattern.
    EDIT:  turns out the prior pic was from the Super Bowl 2009 performance where he brought the original out of retirement. 

are we sure that is the original? i thought the old ones had the 3 metal barrels on bridge?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    pjpjpaul said:

that thing looks sick. hearing good things about it. let us know how it plays and sounds.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    pjpjpaul said:

Those are sweet guitars. I had a chance to buy one back when they were new and foolishly, I passed. Regretted it ever since. 

Enjoy that thing!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • matt3846matt3846 Atlanta Posts: 153
    matt3846 said:

are we sure that is the original? i thought the old ones had the 3 metal barrels on bridge?

Yeah, that’s the real deal. Saddles and pickguard have been changed. He brought it with him when he was on Colbert…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fh4J5OxazM
    Just ordered a marshall jtm 45 and matchless 2x12 cab.

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    Just ordered a marshall jtm 45 and matchless 2x12 cab.

ohhhhhhh shiiiiiitttt!

someone is gonna wake the neighbors!!!!

mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

I am a certified guitar nerd, especially when it comes to the Boss, Eddie, and Neil young's gear.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

I am a certified guitar nerd, especially when it comes to the Boss, Eddie, and Neil young's gear.
    Love it!  What pedal do I need to get for that Eddie sound?  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited April 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

This may have changed, but I remember reading forever ago Ed doesn't use pedals? Maybe they still do, but 10c used to have a page with info on the gear used. I remember even basic diagrams of how it was all hooked up.
    Anyway, I remember they said Ed didn't use pedals. He sets up the gain on the amp to be on the edge of distortion. When he wants a clean sound he strums lightly, when he wants a heavy sound he strums harder. And that's how he changes between the clean and dirty sounds.
    That was probably 20 years ago when I read that, so who knows if that's still the case. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

This may have changed, but I remember reading forever ago Ed doesn't use pedals? Maybe they still do, but 10c used to have a page with info on the gear used. I remember even basic diagrams of how it was all hooked up.
    Anyway, I remember they said Ed didn't use pedals. He sets up the gain on the amp to be on the edge of distortion. When he wants a clean sound he strums lightly, when he wants a heavy sound he strums harder. And that's how he changes between the clean and dirty sounds.
    That was probably 20 years ago when I read that, so who knows if that's still the case. 
    That was my understanding back in the day. 
    As always, awesome info.  Thank you.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

I just crank my tele into my Princeton with a touch of reverb and ride the volume control on the guitar. That gets 90%...the otherr 10% is just that I'm not Eddie so I won't ever be able to sound exactly like him.  Wish I had a couple of tweed deluxe wired up I bet that would get me closer.
    Scio me nihil scire

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    My first strat has been sold & has gone to good home & will get used live which is nice as it never left my room or the garage. Always will treasure it as it gave me the pleasure of learning something I never thought I could do. 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
    Damn that is one nice guitar.   Glad to hear it went to a good home.  
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

i think you are right. back then he played that schecter tele with hiwatt amp. with 2 guitars already he did not need to do much. was basically the 3rd guitar with a cleanish, edge of breakup kind of tone to be in the middle of mike and stone. 

i am not sure how he is doing it now, but his tele, that sg, and some different les pauls all with p 90s, and a few strats i think, into his old fender amps. i do not remember him using any pedals. he doesn't really need to with a keyboard and 2 guitars already. 

i think his best clean tone i have ever heard was when he was soundchecking immortality on the immagine in cornice doc with that pete townshend les paul. stunningly amazing tone right there.