psst...2/16/2023

Comments

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    The print to order with a short order window seems like the best solution. Of course, people will still complain about missing out, but people will complain about anything and everything. Right now, mad about merch... Cool poster, though.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Go Animal said:
    Here's an idea: why not make the print run 2,000? Or hell, 1998?

They're not made yet. And any printer worth their ink will gladly double your order.

Or you could let the flippers win. Your call, Santos & co.
    I assume that if another announcement came out about them increasing the run, at some point people who got in on the first 1000 would complain that now their limited piece is not as limited. I'm surprised I haven't seen someone who got it at 1/500 not complain that now it is out of 1000. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    hihobibo said:
    Go Animal said:

They're not made yet. And any printer worth their ink will gladly double your order.

I assume that if another announcement came out about them increasing the run, at some point people who got in on the first 1000 would complain that now their limited piece is not as limited. I'm surprised I haven't seen someone who got it at 1/500 not complain that now it is out of 1000. 
    I got one during the initial 500 period. It doesn't bother me one bit that they increased it. It will still look great on my wall. 
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    pjl44 said:
    There have always been limited items. There will always be limited items. If you didn't get this one think about the 50 you already have or the next 50 you'll eventually get. The lashing out is your greed not someone else's. 
    Always some bozo that doesn’t get it. Has nothing to do with greed. Not everyone cares about limited items. However, this is the 25th anniversary of Yield and other 10 Club members would like to celebrate that with this poster too. Not just 1000 people. They could’ve done the same thing they did with the t-shirt and hoodie, but keep pushing your greed statement. 🥴
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    The print to order with a short order window seems like the best solution. Of course, people will still complain about missing out, but people will complain about anything and everything. Right now, mad about merch... Cool poster, though.
    Short order window would’ve been the best, especially for the other time zones. Hilarious that it was only 500 posters at first. 🙄
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • on2legs said:
    Win some. Lose some. 

Workin' hard to get my fill
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Payin' anything to roll the dice
    Just one more time
    Some'll win, some will lose
    Some are born to sing the blues
    Whoa, the movie never ends
    It goes on and on and on and on
    Don't know where we're goin'
    Just know where we've been
    Remember when the clock strikes twelve
    The flippers always win

We're creatures of the night
    We're creatures of the night

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2023
    hihobibo said:
    Go Animal said:

I assume that if another announcement came out about them increasing the run, at some point people who got in on the first 1000 would complain that now their limited piece is not as limited. 
    That is one type of complaining I would be amused by and revel in.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    There have always been limited items. There will always be limited items. If you didn't get this one think about the 50 you already have or the next 50 you'll eventually get. The lashing out is your greed not someone else's. 
    Always some bozo that doesn’t get it. Has nothing to do with greed. Not everyone cares about limited items. However, this is the 25th anniversary of Yield and other 10 Club members would like to celebrate that with this poster too. Not just 1000 people. They could’ve done the same thing they did with the t-shirt and hoodie, but keep pushing your greed statement. 🥴
    I mean you're saying it yourself. This hypothetical person who wants to "celebrate" could buy a tshirt or hoodie, engage with the videos they put on the site, engage with the specials on PJ Radio, buy Give Way on cd or vinyl when it comes out, or hell go listen to the album or buy another copy.

But that's not enough for piggy. Piggy neeeeeds the poster, too. Hypothetically. 
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:

pjl44 said:
    I mean you're saying it yourself. This hypothetical person who wants to "celebrate" could buy a tshirt or hoodie, engage with the videos they put on the site, engage with the specials on PJ Radio, buy Give Way on cd or vinyl when it comes out, or hell go listen to the album or buy another copy.

But that's not enough for piggy. Piggy neeeeeds the poster, too. Hypothetically. 
    No, I’m not saying it myself. Hell, why push the 25th anniversary of Yield at all. In fact, they probably should’ve only made 25 posters if they want to shut most of the 10 Club fan base out. 
  • PJammin' said:
    Pretty disappointed in limiting the poster to 1000. Every 10 Club member should have the opportunity to purchase one. To see others try to take advantage of this on eBay is just disgusting. Do better, 10 Club. 

TBH, even timed releases like the vaults have people flipping during the sale period. Maybe it's less expensive for someone (member or not) in Europe to buy for $149.99 instead of 10C and a membership if they need to, but yeah...they still should have a window, even if it's just 24 hours.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Kearn5y said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    apirk72 said:
    C'mon it is pretty unrealistic to expect them to make enough available to everyone.  If it was unlimited they probably wouldn't even sell 1000, because that is part of of why people want them.  If you are going to get mad at the ebay flippers get mad at the Lost Dog traders as well
    Agree with that last sentence. I never understood berating eBay flippers in one breath then seeing a poster for sale that went on sale a month ago being sold for profit on these boards. What’s the difference besides saving eBay fees? A flip is a flip. 
    but Lost dogs is full of Great sellers
    So is eBay. I got my stitched Freddy Krueger sweater there like 15 years ago. Had no problems. 

Tenclub should still make enough to make people happy and not be all into Limited Editions. It's the pyramid scheme shit of rock and roll merch. And Tenclub is going all in.

Whether there are some great sellers on Lost Dogs is removed from the fact that people are selling stuff to make cash there, just like on eBay.

Exactly.

We're not allowed to link to ebay, but posting here is fine? Admittedly, I don't venture into Lost Dogs much, but how much is sales vs trades?

If you have to set a price of $299 for item, what's the big difference of here vs eBay where it may get $275.50 or $310.10?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • KM73780 said:
    I don’t really understand why people want this?
    When it pertains to art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and honestly, it is nothing I would want. Reminds me of the many long and boring hours I’ve spent driving around Southern Alberta to visit jobsites to be honest lol
    Fair point. Art is subjective but rarity creates demand. Yield was the first PJ album I think I really engaged and connected with. I discovered PJ around 4 years before by osmosis. Next thing I'm 17 years old. Got it on day of release in record store on way home from college. no smartphones. Internet (no mobile/cell phones at all!...a simpler time) Studied that album cover to cover and on repeat over the weekend and beyond. It totally solidifed my relationship with the band and their music.

So for me, this print envokes all those amazing positive memories and it will be appreciated from that personal perspective.

Having said that, 1000 prints does mean it brings insane demand and flipping.
    Your post reminds me that I don’t have a very close relationship with this record as opposed to other PJ releases. That would also contribute to my lack of interest. Great record, certainly in my top 6 of PJ releases. 
    You are right Limited edition of anything drives demand, even if it’s useless like my Sevens boxset. I don’t even know why I wanted that lol
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    edited February 2023
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    It may not have a lot of do with Greed with you but it does with a lot of people who buy this stuff.  Easily half of these will barely see the light of day.  They will sit in a tube in a closet or in a file just waiting for the perfect moment to sell or trade.  They will be offered for trade every time something new pops up and sells out.  If they weren't limited they would literally be in the store forever right next to the Backspacer promo poster and the majority people who bought it or are complaining about not getting it wouldn't care about it.  

If you aren't willing to have a win some lose some attitude when it comes to this stuff, it probably isn't for you
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    KM73780 said:
    When it pertains to art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and honestly, it is nothing I would want. Reminds me of the many long and boring hours I’ve spent driving around Southern Alberta to visit jobsites to be honest lol
    Fair point. Art is subjective but rarity creates demand. Yield was the first PJ album I think I really engaged and connected with. I discovered PJ around 4 years before by osmosis. Next thing I'm 17 years old. Got it on day of release in record store on way home from college. no smartphones. Internet (no mobile/cell phones at all!...a simpler time) Studied that album cover to cover and on repeat over the weekend and beyond. It totally solidifed my relationship with the band and their music.

So for me, this print envokes all those amazing positive memories and it will be appreciated from that personal perspective.

Engaged and connected is a great way to describe it. This album was the exact same for me except I was 30 when it came out.

I was a casual PJ fan until Yield as I was really into STP and Soundgarden more. Yield really is very special to me as it was my soundtrack for a period of time where I quit my job (with two babies in the house) and started my own business. It was aggressive, passive, sad, inspiring, etc., to me and it will just never get old.

I want that fucking poster.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    It's a poster, move along, good people. Aren't most of us over 40 here?
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    apirk72 said:
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    It may not have a lot of do with Greed with you but it does with a lot of people who buy this stuff.  Easily half of these will barely see the light of day.  They will sit in a tube in a closet or in a file just waiting for the perfect moment to sell or trade.  They will be offered for trade every time something new pops up and sells out.  If they weren't limited they would literally be in the store forever right next to the Backspacer promo poster and the majority people who bought it or are complaining about not getting it would care about it.  

If you aren't willing to have a win some lose some attitude when it comes to this stuff, it probably isn't for you
    Funny, I was thinking of that Backspacer poster. If it were limited to 200, people would be shatting themselves to get one. Oh the collector mindset!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • If Pearl Jam can only sell things if they put ”Lilmited edition” in front of them, they have a pretty big problem with their merch and brand. 

Also, pretty yuckeliyuck of Tenclub to cultivate and feed into that limited edition mentality of the Jamily. That people on here say they do. 

This faithful group. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    I've been refreshing the page since yesterday

IT'S GONE NOW!!!  :open_mouth:

• The print to order with a short order window seems like the best solution. Of course, people will still complain about missing out, but people will complain about anything and everything. Right now, mad about merch... Cool poster, though.
    Order window seems to work with vaults… 
    KM73780 said:

Engaged and connected is a great way to describe it. This album was the exact same for me except I was 30 when it came out.

I was a casual PJ fan until Yield as I was really into STP and Soundgarden more. Yield really is very special to me as it was my soundtrack for a period of time where I quit my job (with two babies in the house) and started my own business. It was aggressive, passive, sad, inspiring, etc., to me and it will just never get old.

I want that fucking poster.
    …and you should’ve had a fair chance at it. Limiting it to 500…then thinking 1000 is enough for this fanbase is just absurd. 
    BF89905 said:
    Is it really about a poster though? I don’t think it is. It’s more than that. 
    If Pearl Jam can only sell things if they put ”Lilmited edition” in front of them, they have a pretty big problem with their merch and brand. 

I guess this is what they want. Who does this benefit? Certainly not their fans…well, their flipper fans. 

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Restrain yourself from buying from flippers and you’ll get a better price a few months from now 
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    My gosh.  It a poster. Wow. 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    BF89905 said:
    You must be new around here.
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    I'm gonna have to quit my job.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • KM73780 said:
    Restrain yourself from buying from flippers and you’ll get a better price a few months from now 

Exactly.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Gvn2fly said:
    My gosh.  It a poster. Wow. 

Not even a silkscreen, too.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2023
    BF89905 said:
    No it is not isolated to a specific poster. It is about how tenclub chooses to operate. 

Aren’t you over 40 and can see that?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Who decides ultimately what the run is?
    Limited or not?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -