psst...2/16/2023

Comments

• jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,487
    CL93527 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CL93527 said:
    how did people find out about this so quick?
    Email
    i got the record store day email today - but didnt receive one about the poster - so weird. is there a mailing list I'm not on?
    There's PJ and 10c mailing lists. Think they're pretty much identical 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,025
    Who decides ultimately what the run is? Stone
    Limited or not? Eddie

• bobasfeet said:
    Limited or not? Eddie

Always stones  fault
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    BF89905 said:
    It's a poster, move along, good people. Aren't most of us over 40 here?
    No it is not isolated to a specific poster. It is about how tenclub chooses to operate. 

Aren’t you over 40 and can see that?
    You're right this isn't isolated to this promotional poster. It's how the 10C has been running its merchandise business for as long as you and I can remember. Yes, I'm over 40, I do see it, and it's not worth all this time and energy. Have a nice weekend
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    There have always been limited items. There will always be limited items. If you didn't get this one think about the 50 you already have or the next 50 you'll eventually get. The lashing out is your greed not someone else's. 
    Always some bozo that doesn’t get it. Has nothing to do with greed. Not everyone cares about limited items. However, this is the 25th anniversary of Yield and other 10 Club members would like to celebrate that with this poster too. Not just 1000 people. They could’ve done the same thing they did with the t-shirt and hoodie, but keep pushing your greed statement. 🥴
    If these were available in every Walmart across the country at a price of $50, do you think they would have sold as many? I would bet there would be a thread laughing at the idea anyone would pay $50 for a mass produced poster. So the limited edition definitely plays a role in the desirability of this.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    CL93527 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CL93527 said:
    Email
    i got the record store day email today - but didnt receive one about the poster - so weird. is there a mailing list I'm not on?
    No doubt similar, but the 10c list is members and possibly former members. The pj list is likely much larger including anyone who has ever purchased anything from the online shop and/or created a free account. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Who decides ultimately what the run is?
    Limited or not?
    Boom
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    BF89905 said:
    It's a poster, move along, good people. Aren't most of us over 40 here?
    No it is not isolated to a specific poster. It is about how tenclub chooses to operate. 

Aren’t you over 40 and can see that?
    Yeah, I still think since they were pushing the whole Yield 25th anniversary that it should’ve only been 25 posters. That’ll really teach us Ten Clubbers!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • JimmyV said:
    CL93527 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CL93527 said:
    Email
    No doubt similar, but the 10c list is members and possibly former members. The pj list is likely much larger including anyone who has ever purchased anything from the online shop and/or created a free account. 

Considering the 10C emails include contests and ticket info, I think it's safe to say former members don't receive them.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • It's up on facebook and places before even everyone in the list has gotten the email.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    mace1229 said:
    If these were available in every Walmart across the country at a price of $50, do you think they would have sold as many? I would bet there would be a thread laughing at the idea anyone would pay $50 for a mass produced poster. So the limited edition definitely plays a role in the desirability of this.
    I recall the complaints about the colored vinyl Ten album they sold on here when people realized that they could get the same one at Target.
  • What is the  advantage  to the fan of a limited item?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • What is the  advantage  to the fan of a limited item?
    If you print too many it would become worthless no matter how cool the image, think of Emeks Seattle Poster.
  • I still think limited  only benefits flipping. Whats the  attraction  in something  everyone can have.  Not as much 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I still think limited  only benefits flipping. Whats the  attraction  in something  everyone can have.  Not as much 
    Don’t get it twisted, it greatly benefits the band, too. The “limited edition” rage is what sells their product quickly. Ravenous fans will trip over themselves when they hear the key word. Without  it, things hang on the shelves forever.
    Don’t get it twisted, it greatly benefits the band, too. The “limited edition” rage is what sells their product quickly. Ravenous fans will trip over themselves when they hear the key word. Without  it, things hang on the shelves forever.
    I disagree and i haven't  got it twisted thanks  for your  concern. If its relevant to a gig you went to or something you like then you buy it if not don't.  Limited  or not.  Limited is simply a cash cow and flippable. If most people here were honest they only buy it as trade bait or to flip if its limited. And if not limited they only buy it if they intend to keep it. The  band have made it that way like it or not .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited February 2023
    Let's say an item is limited to 30,000. By definition, it's still limited, even if it's in the shop for a week before permanently disappearing.

Heck, even the gold LO2L was in the shop for a while, IIRC.

I don't think "limited" has to be something that goes on eBay 30 seconds after it sells out.

...a timed release would be best, IMO. Everyone has 24 hours which would be great for people in Europe and Australia. Limit one per member. Plus, it'd be another benefit for 10C membership...again, a benefit for people in Australia where the band hasn't been in quite some time.

If I'm in Australia and see items are sold out long before I wake up AND I know I can easily get tickets the one time each decade the band comes, I'd be heavily considering not renewing...BUT...if I was guaranteed a chance to get limited edition merch, I'd probably stay around.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    I still think limited  only benefits flipping. Whats the  attraction  in something  everyone can have.  Not as much 
    If something is no longer on the shelf that’s means they limited production and it doesn’t require the “limited” label attached. We just say they no longer make or print those things. 
  • I heard it wasn't actually limited.  Just discontinued after so many were made.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,316
    bobasfeet said:
    Limited or not? Eddie

Always stones  fault

It truely is. 
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542
    forgot were these tba shipping or end of summer shipping ? thank you
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    Missed out on an eBay auction for the original tour version over the weekend. If anyone has one of those in good condition, I would do a trade for this new limited print as soon as I get mine. I love it, but the tour version holds more meaning for me. DM me if interested!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,316
    edited March 2023
    Sirens4 said:
    forgot were these tba shipping or end of summer shipping ? thank you

TBA shipping.
    thanks
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Just let 10c people preorder, and set the edition after that
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    edited March 2023
    Did the original shop post say when these would be shipped?

EDIT: Doh, nevermind. TBA
    Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • MS149515MS149515 Chicago Posts: 173
    EF11 said:
    Missed out on an eBay auction for the original tour version over the weekend. If anyone has one of those in good condition, I would do a trade for this new limited print as soon as I get mine. I love it, but the tour version holds more meaning for me. DM me if interested!
    Out of curiosity, how much did the auction end at? 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,168
    MS149515 said:
    EF11 said:
    Out of curiosity, how much did the auction end at? 

Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    Yup. Missed out by $2.50, because I waited a few seconds too long to bump my bid up and someone else beat me to it. Still looking around if anyone has one in similar shape!
    Shipping label primted!