psst...2/16/2023

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    CL93527 said:
    how did people find out about this so quick?
    I just got  lucky and logged onto the site and saw the psst post when it was only 500. I didn’t see any email about it until later. 
  • pjl44 said:
    CL93527 said:
    Email
    i got the record store day email today - but didnt receive one about the poster - so weird. is there a mailing list I'm not on?
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Here's an idea: why not make the print run 2,000? Or hell, 1998?

They're not made yet. And any printer worth their ink will gladly double your order.

Or you could let the flippers win. Your call, Santos & co.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• demetrios said:
    pjl44 said:
    CL93527 said:
    Email

For me I received a PM via Facebook about the sale. I received the email 10 minutes after it was sold out. The first email "Give Way LP, CDs, and more!" had a link & info about the poster sale. Then I received a 2nd "Give Way LP, CDs, and more!" email 30 minutes later that didn't include the poster info & sale.   

i somehow only saw the 2nd email without the poster insert. sad panda
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Thuuursssdayyyy is the new toooosssday
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Pretty cool! Hope whoever has theirs pre listed on eBay enjoys the best of Turks and Caicos! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    Pretty disappointed in limiting the poster to 1000. Every 10 Club member should have the opportunity to purchase one. To see others try to take advantage of this on eBay is just disgusting. Do better, 10 Club. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    C'mon it is pretty unrealistic to expect them to make enough available to everyone.  If it was unlimited they probably wouldn't even sell 1000, because that is part of of why people want them.  If you are going to get mad at the ebay flippers get mad at the Lost Dog traders as well
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    apirk72 said:
    C'mon it is pretty unrealistic to expect them to make enough available to everyone.  If it was unlimited they probably wouldn't even sell 1000, because that is part of of why people want them.  If you are going to get mad at the ebay flippers get mad at the Lost Dog traders as well
    Oh really? If they can make Yield hoodies and t-shirts available to everyone, they can make a poster available to everyone. Stop making excuses. People in Australia didn’t even have a fair shot. It’s ridiculous. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 195
    PJammin' said:
    apirk72 said:
    Oh really? If they can make Yield hoodies and t-shirts available to everyone, they can make a poster available to everyone. Stop making excuses. People in Australia didn’t even have a fair shot. It’s ridiculous. 

I totally agree with you on this. I'm a life long fan and 10C member since 96. I was at work and didn't even get a chance to see the email, let alone get a poster. Long sold out by the time I had my break to see the email. Totally bummed.
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    So fucking over the merch these last few years, why even bother anymore? It's all limited edition now and half of it is purchased by flipper members, and by the time we even hear about it it's already sold out,... just sad,...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Good looking poster.  Hopefully more become available.  
  • my_wave said:
    So fucking over the merch these last few years, why even bother anymore? It's all limited edition now and half of it is purchased by flipper members, and by the time we even hear about it it's already sold out,... just sad,...
    This 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • added 500 to make total run 1000.
    slh
    Now make it 1500
    How's this going @Santos L. Halper
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    PJammin' said:
    apirk72 said:
    Agree with you. I can understand the 10c allocation of the actual concert posters being limited (as all printed before the show). But with this poster given it is a pre-sale and hasn’t been printed yet, what is the point in limiting it. Should be like they did with the streaming posters. Effectively have up as a “timed edition” for a few days (a really common method), this then determines the final edition number. It’s still ultimately limited as you only have a set time to buy it. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    apirk72 said:
    Agree with that last sentence. I never understood berating eBay flippers in one breath then seeing a poster for sale that went on sale a month ago being sold for profit on these boards. What’s the difference besides saving eBay fees? A flip is a flip. 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    I had this in my cart from the second batch. Decided not to bother purchasing. Feel so much better for it. 
    Kearnsy
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    nicknyr15 said:
    apirk72 said:
    Agree with that last sentence. I never understood berating eBay flippers in one breath then seeing a poster for sale that went on sale a month ago being sold for profit on these boards. What’s the difference besides saving eBay fees? A flip is a flip. 
    but Lost dogs is full of Great sellers
    Kearnsy
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2023
    Kearn5y said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    apirk72 said:
    but Lost dogs is full of Great sellers
    So is eBay. I got my stitched Freddy Krueger sweater there like 15 years ago. Had no problems. 

Tenclub should still make enough to make people happy and not be all into Limited Editions. It's the pyramid scheme shit of rock and roll merch. And Tenclub is going all in.

Whether there are some great sellers on Lost Dogs is removed from the fact that people are selling stuff to make cash there, just like on eBay.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    edited February 2023
    Flipping  is flipping  no matter where is happens. And sadly this  kind of shit feeds it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    CL93527 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CL93527 said:
    Email
    i got the record store day email today - but didnt receive one about the poster - so weird. is there a mailing list I'm not on?
    First email was Ten Club. Second email was their general mailing list and had all the same content minus the poster. Check spam? Not sure otherwise.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    There have always been limited items. There will always be limited items. If you didn't get this one think about the 50 you already have or the next 50 you'll eventually get. The lashing out is your greed not someone else's. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2023
    pjl44 said:
    There have always been limited items. There will always be limited items.
    Doesn't have to be (overly) limited items.
  • pjl44 said:
    There have always been limited items. There will always be limited items. If you didn't get this one think about the 50 you already have or the next 50 you'll eventually get. The lashing out is your greed not someone else's. 
    Well said
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    no whining when you don't get a limited item.

no whining that they COULD just increase the amount. then it wouldn't be as limited. you don't think 10c knows the demand?

come on now

lastly..i have a 1998 yield tour poster that looks just like this but with the tour dates. i got it for free from 10c years ago.

that is all. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • no whining when you don't get a limited item.

no whining that they COULD just increase the amount. then it wouldn't be as limited. you don't think 10c knows the demand?

come on now

lastly..i have a 1998 yield tour poster that looks just like this but with the tour dates. i got it for free from 10c years ago.

that is all. 
    Personally I think it’s fair to whine a bit - allowing more paying ten club members who want the poster a reasonable opportunity to preorder it still makes it a limited poster. A lot of folks just can’t be ready at the in moments of a psssst posting or an email and it sucks that they will likely never have a chance with something like this. I’m glad I was able to get it in the 2nd round, I like this clean version more than the old concert version. When it is inevitably framed on my wall I don’t care if it is 1/1000 or 1/4000. I suppose there are always two camps when it comes to these things and there always will be
  • It's not whining to point out bad and excluding behavior from tenclub.

It's common sense. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The ironic thing is I was home sick yesterday and didnt check the site and missed this. If I was at work I probably would have....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Win some. Lose some. 

Workin' hard to get my fill
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Payin' anything to roll the dice
    Just one more time
    Some'll win, some will lose
    Some are born to sing the blues
    Whoa, the movie never ends
    It goes on and on and on and on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    edited February 2023
    KM73780 said:
    I don’t really understand why people want this?
    When it pertains to art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and honestly, it is nothing I would want. Reminds me of the many long and boring hours I’ve spent driving around Southern Alberta to visit jobsites to be honest lol
    Fair point. Art is subjective but rarity creates demand. Yield was the first PJ album I think I really engaged and connected with. I discovered PJ around 4 years before by osmosis. Next thing I'm 17 years old. Got it on day of release in record store on way home from college. no smartphones. Internet (no mobile/cell phones at all!...a simpler time) Studied that album cover to cover and on repeat over the weekend and beyond. It totally solidifed my relationship with the band and their music.

So for me, this print envokes all those amazing positive memories and it will be appreciated from that personal perspective.

Having said that, 1000 prints does mean it brings insane demand and flipping.
    Post edited by jonbond1779 on
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}