What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Hope to see it this week. Read nearly all of the author’s books except for this one!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Adventureland

Good 1. Funnny

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Earlier..
    Animal Farm 1954 - Filmaffinity

and later..
    One Second 2020 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Those People.  While the stereotypes in it were just dumb there were some very good witted jokes in it.
  • SPEED!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    "Pop quiz hot shot"
  • SPEED!

Demolition man is an all-time fav of mine.  That  always makes me laugh.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    The Age of Adeline.

I really liked it! I love Blake Lively. And Harrison Ford.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SPEED!

Just showed this to my son a few weeks ago. He really enjoyed it. Although he chuckled when the bus jumps the bridge!

Fun fact: Jan de Bont was director of photography on the original Die Hard (my all time favorite action pic).
  • ARE WE HYPED FOR SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL!?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I’m an idiot.  It was “You People” with Eddie Murphy and Jonas HILL.

Funniest line in it was  “if this girl is what you say she is, then I’m pretty sure she smells like cocoa butter and expectations”

That line just cracks me up.
  • Ugh. A high speed cruise ship. On the open sea there’s no reference point for speed. Seems so slow! Plus Dafoe and those leeches.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Was this good?
    I enjoyed it. Aubrey Plaza was great! It’s just a  small, 90 min movie. Tight plot.
    Watched it myself over the weekend and I share this assessment. CONCUR!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Nice! Yeah, Aubrey Plaza is a far cry from April on Parks and Rec in this movie. She’s got more range then people give her credit. She was great on that FX show, Legion. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    The Afican Queen. Humphry Bogart & Katherine Hepburn

Pretty awesome
  • Ugh. A high speed cruise ship. On the open sea there’s no reference point for speed. Seems so slow! Plus Dafoe and those leeches.
    Ugh. A scary murder robot. That is now gonna be the hero and not kill anyone. So boring! Plus Arnold being a babysitter to some kid.

I HAVE FAITH IN SPEED 2!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    ARE WE HYPED FOR SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL!?
    Nyet.
    Ugh. A scary murder robot. That is now gonna be the hero and not kill anyone. So boring! Plus Arnold being a babysitter to some kid.

I HAVE FAITH IN SPEED 2!
    I do like Jason Patric! The end scene to that movie is a doozy too. Let us know how it holds up!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    The Menu - PosterSpy
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo said:
    The Menu - PosterSpy
    …eh…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2023
    THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER

Not super-actiony. But didn’t remember it at all. And didn’t want to rewatch Die Hard 2 which also came out in -90. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • 23scidoo said:
    The Menu - PosterSpy
    …eh…
    This was way better story than most of the other cookie cutter crap out there.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    She Said.....

great movie.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER

Not super-actiony. But didn’t remember it at all. And didn’t want to rewatch Die Hard 2 which also came out in -90. 

The Last Boy Scout is asking you to watch it to fill your 1991 slot.
    Easily my favorite stupid-buddy-action movie of the 90s.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER

The Last Boy Scout is asking you to watch it to fill your 1991 slot.
    Easily my favorite stupid-buddy-action movie of the 90s.
    Yes to the Last Boy Scout! Underrated Bruce Willis!

Also, Red October is a good one. Super tense, maybe not a full action movie, but I say it fits. Director John McTiernan was on a tear with both Die Hard and Predator before this one.