Kyrsten Sinema

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,651
    she will not seek re-election. last week before this vote she was polling at about 20% in AZ.

she blew up her own political career to protect the filibuster.

craziest thing i have seen in some time.

she must be getting horrible advice from someone...really stupid moves
    switch parties... gop will come out in droves for her.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    mickeyrat said:
    she will not seek re-election. last week before this vote she was polling at about 20% in AZ.

she's pro choice and lesbian....also anti religious I think
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661

My guess is the whole thing was a ploy to get enough attention and recognition to kick start some stupid TV reality show when she leaves office.  She screwed her constituents to gain some facial (and wardrobe) recognition.  All a wild guess on my part, of course, but if she does start her own TV show, I could suggest a title for it:  "Disgrace".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mickeyrat said:

but its a chance to own the libs....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,151
    she is polling at 8% among arizona dems. she is done.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i've seen enough. she is toast.

let's see who else the dems can elect in 2022 that will work against the democratic agenda. because you know it is going to happen.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

let's see who else the dems can elect in 2022 that will work against the democratic agenda. because you know it is going to happen.

Between the political scene and loss of well loved personalities and musicians, it's like the world is trying to top 2020 for "Shitty Year of the Century Award".
    Please tell me I'm just being cynical and it's all gonna get better!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:

Between the political scene and loss of well loved personalities and musicians, it's like the world is trying to top 2020 for "Shitty Year of the Century Award".
    You are being cynical and it’s all gonna get better!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:

You are being cynical and it’s all gonna get better!

Oh good to know!  :smiley:

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited January 2022
    mickeyrat said:

Her giant crucifix around her neck while giving a speech to deny voting rights certainly screams I have switched teams (or pandering to one side)....and not in a lesbian/straight way
    Post edited by Smellyman on
    Smellyman said:
    mickeyrat said:

Her giant crucifix around her neck while giving a speech to deny voting rights certainly screams I have switched teams (or pandering to one side)....and not in a lesbian/straight way

I'm guessing she believes Jesus will save her.  So who needs a mask?!

Sen Kyrsten Sinema wore a denim vest to preside over the US Senate

as predicted by literally everyone:

Sinema switches to independent, shaking up the Senate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sinema-switches-independent-shaking-senate-110000180.html

Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema is changing her party affiliation to independent, delivering a jolt to Democrats’ narrow majority and Washington along with it.

In a 45-minute interview, the first-term senator told POLITICO that she will not caucus with Republicans and suggested that she intends to vote the same way she has for four years in the Senate. “Nothing will change about my values or my behavior,” she said.

Provided that Sinema sticks to that vow, Democrats will still have a workable Senate majority in the next Congress, though it will not exactly be the neat and tidy 51 seats they assumed. They’re expected to also have the votes to control Senate committees. And Sinema’s move means Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) — a pivotal swing vote in the 50-50 chamber the past two years — will hold onto some but not all of his outsized influence in the Democratic caucus.

Sinema would not address whether she will run for reelection in 2024, and informed Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of her decision on Thursday.

“I don't anticipate that anything will change about the Senate structure,” Sinema said, adding that some of the exact mechanics of how her switch affects the chamber is “a question for Chuck Schumer … I intend to show up to work, do the same work that I always do. I just intend to show up to work as an independent.”

She said her closely held decision to leave the Democratic Party reflects that she’s “never really fit into a box of any political party” — a description she said also applies to her fiercely independent state and millions of unaffiliated voters across the country.

Sinema has a well-established iconoclastic reputation. She competes in Ironman triathlons, moonlighted at a Napa Valley winery and often hangs out on the GOP side of the aisle during floor votes.

etc, etc, etc

wonder if Az D"s organize a recall

Always seeking attention

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    Relieve her of any committee duties! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    you better not! she'll vote republican and caucus with MTG

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    you better not! she'll vote republican and caucus with MTG
    Yeah your right I can see her being an asshole like that to spite Democrats 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • She’s a very serious person, you know.

Air Head without a clue.
    Article Image

going independent is political suicide. not having party money or backing is like taking a long walk off of a short pier carrying cinder blocks. 

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    going independent is political suicide. not having party money or backing is like taking a long walk off of a short pier carrying cinder blocks. 
    She doesn't plan on ever being in politics again is my guess.  Most Dems in Arizona don't like her and would gladly primary her out is my understanding.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden

static111 said:
    She doesn't plan on ever being in politics again is my guess.  Most Dems in Arizona don't like her and would gladly primary her out is my understanding.

And good riddance to her! 
    But, unfortunately, in the meantime, she's managed to put her narcissistic self back in the spotlight (her main m.o.) and thrown the senate into near deadlock again meaning the next couple of years will be more stagnant than it could have been. 
    She's disgusting.

• Maybe she’s a closet MAGA’er? And with Elongitaint types and super PACs, she can be well funded. I’m not so sure that she’s done with politics in AZ. Her “independence” gives her some leverage, particularly as it relates to votes coming out of committees she’s on. At the least, she should be stripped of any dem committee assignments and not funded or supported by the DNC and DSCC.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I guess to a point, I kind of agree with her?  

But I have a hard time believing she is sincere.
    MayDay10 said:

she is a politician on the national level. none of them are 100% sincere.

MayDay10 said:

She is nothing but a self centered egomaniac that can't go five minutes without drawing attention to herself. 
    What a country we have turned into- we elected a wacko narcissistic MAGA for president (once, sort of), and a bratty overgrown teenager to congress.  Goddamn, it's embarrassing! 

Another evil woman:
    "The popular progressive US senator Bernie Sanders would consider supporting any Democrat who might mount a challenge against his chamber colleague Kyrsten Sinema after she recently left the party and declared herself an independent like him, arguing that she has “helped sabotage” some of Congress’s most important legislation."

• Guess she's not interested in running for re-election? Probably auditioning to be POOTWH's running mate. Good riddance.

‘Disrespectful and Even Abusive’: Kyrsten Sinema Hit With Ethics Complaint

Aconsortium of political advocacy groups are pushing for an investigation into allegations that Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) has had staffers running her personal errands and performing sundry household tasks on the taxpayer dime.

As first reported in December by The Daily Beast, Sinema aides are bound by a 37-page memo that lays out a very specific set of demands: the senator’s groceries are to be picked up promptly, her hour-long massages are to be booked weekly, and her internet service at home in D.C. must always be in working order. (If not, an assistant “should call Verizon to schedule a repair” so a staff member can be there to let a technician into her apartment, according to the memo.)

Now, 13 progressive nonprofits—including, among others, the Arizona Democracy Resource Center, Sunrise Movement Tempe, Patriotic Millionaires, and Vets Forward—have filed a formal complaint with the Senate Ethics Committee over Sinema’s alleged behavior.

The accusations “paint a picture of a Senator who is not only unresponsive to her constituents, but also disrespectful and even abusive to her employees and wholly unconcerned about her obligations under the law,” they wrote in a three-page letter dated Feb. 2.

“Most troubling,” the letter alleges, Sinema, who recently switched from the Democratic Party to govern as an Independent, “calls on staff members, who are employed and paid by the public and explicitly barred from campaign activity, to schedule and facilitate political fundraisers and meetings with campaign donors, presumably during the workday while they are on the clock and physically on federal property.”

Sinema, who has raised hackles among Democrats for blocking party initiatives, has previously faced criticism that she is “a difficult boss who walked the line of appropriate behavior with staff, and at times crossed it,” the letter continues. She is accused of having her scheduler drive her on errands in her personal car, and making staffers drive from Arizona to D.C. early in the COVID pandemic while she flew. While these actions may not have specifically violated the letter of the law, they did violate the spirit of the law, according to the groups’ missive. But the allegations in the memo made public by The Daily Beast in December “unambiguously point” to violations of the letter of the law, the letter says.

“Given that many of the activities that the Senator has allegedly required of staff appear to be unambiguous violations of Senate Ethics Committee guidelines that interpret the rules adopted by the Senate pursuant to the Constitution, you can understand that we find the allegations concerning,” the letter continues. “In the public interest, we ask that the Committee conduct a comprehensive and fair investigation and, in the event that these concerns are substantiated, we ask the Committee to take remedial action.”

In an email to The Daily Beast on Friday, a spokesperson for Sunrise Movement Tempe said the notion that Sinema forces Senate aides to attend to her personal concerns, which allegedly has included paying for her purchases and having to wait to be reimbursed, “is clearly unethical and an abuse of power.”

“Senate staff should be able to serve the people of Arizona and the Senator in her official legislative and representational duties without worrying about shopping and paying for her groceries or booking her massages,” the spokesperson said. “Arizonans deserve better.”

Craig Holman, a congressional ethics expert with D.C.-based nonprofit watchdog group Public Citizen, told The Daily Beast on Friday that the allegations against Sinema, if true, clearly constitute a violation of Senate ethics rules. Yet, Holman noted that Sinema insists she did not have a hand in drafting or implementing the staff guidelines in question.

“The Senate ethics committee could and should use its investigative authority to answer the allegations one way or the other,” he said. “However, the ethics committee operates in secrecy and, more often than not, buries such complaints to protect their colleagues. It is entirely unclear whether the public will get a definitive answer to these allegations any time soon.”

Following The Daily Beast article in December, Sinema spokeswoman Hannah Hurley insisted that the senator “does not require staff to perform personal errands,” and that “the alleged information—sourced from anonymous quotes and a purported document I can’t verify—is not in line with official guidance from Sen. Sinema’s office and does not represent official policies of Sen. Sinema’s office.”

‘Disrespectful and Even Abusive’: Kyrsten Sinema Hit With Ethics Complaint (msn.com)

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    ^^^ Totally agree, good riddance!  Curtsy that!