Options

*-*-*-*-*- Official Primus Thread *-*-*-*-*-*

1235»

Comments

• Options
    In for Boston. 

$42.50 + fees for GA. Can't beat that. 
    I'm not seeing anything even close to that cheap here in NY wtf?!?
    Seated or GA? Boston & Maine are all GA... the Maine show is even cheaper, $39+.

F... I really want to make that run to Maine. I saw QOTSA in that venue in 2017 & it was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.
    Westbury theatre is weird.  All seats except a small pit...
    When did "In the Round" become a thing? 

I never heard the phrase before Metallica announced their upcoming no repeats tour. 
    There have been a few that do it.  I actually like that but with a bigger pit.

Metallica has done it for a while, loved it, Arcade Fire too.  I wish more acts did it.
    I know it's not a new thing, I saw the Beastie Boys perform from a round / centered stage in Worcester, MA back in the 90s. 

I meant the phrase itself, "In the round"... I never heard that specific term before Metallica announced their tour last month (or whenever they announced it) 
    Ahhh, got it.  Less is a Metallica fan so maybe he borrowed it?
    I think it's more me turning into a cranky old man than anything else.

Like the way broadcasters have replaced "sponsored by" with "powered by". 

It's new, and i don't like it.

Classic Cow - Drawception
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    In for Boston. 

Seated or GA? Boston & Maine are all GA... the Maine show is even cheaper, $39+.

F... I really want to make that run to Maine. I saw QOTSA in that venue in 2017 & it was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

I never heard the phrase before Metallica announced their upcoming no repeats tour. 
    Man, it must be nice to be so young>HAHA

I remember hearing about when Yes played In The Round in the 70's, though I never saw them back then.

Nice to see that Ticket prices are going for a very good Rate.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    ^Because Les sucks^
    ;)
  • Options
    cutz said:
    In for Boston. 

Man, it must be nice to be so young>HAHA

I remember hearing about when Yes played In The Round in the 70's, though I never saw them back then.

Nice to see that Ticket prices are going for a very good Rate.
    Funny. Been going to concerts for 30 years, never heard the term before last month. 
  • Options
    Got tickets in the GA for Seattle and rented a house on AirBnB 10 minutes from Marymoor Park. Perfect 
  • Options
    ^^So glad you will be there^^ 
    Keep on rocking...shake down les for a setlist or something.
    (Tell him Lou is sorry for giving him the finger)
    Love you all
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I got VIP for Buffalo.  Going with a group of about 10 of us.  Should be great
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Though about VIP, but the folks I am going with are ranging levels of Les fans. It was doubtful they would shell out $280 Canadian for a VIP so settled for GA - $80CDN. 

I’ll just grab a regular event poster. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    MayDay10 said:
    Though about VIP, but the folks I am going with are ranging levels of Les fans. It was doubtful they would shell out $280 Canadian for a VIP so settled for GA - $80CDN. 

I like the poster and early merch access, but also early entry is huge for me in these GA settings (Im 5'5").  For Claypool Lennon Delirium it also included a Q&A with Sean Lennon and Les.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I like the poster and early merch access, but also early entry is huge for me in these GA settings (Im 5'5").  For Claypool Lennon Delirium it also included a Q&A with Sean Lennon and Les.
    Oh for sure! I would have paid it myself, but I wouldn’t have been able to get the others to fork over more than $100 for a ticket. Therefore I would have paid $280 for my own and $720 for everyone else. I love Les and all, but $1100 is a little steep for me lol. 
  • Options
    ^^^ Two of the people coming know Primus. None of them had heard of Colonel Les Claypool and the Fearless Flyong Frog Brigade
  • Options
    I could not get on the damn que in the App...  My buddy got me a pair though.  I'm in for westbury.
  • Options
    Have a blast. I didn't try but who knows. I thought this would be an easy ticket to score.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Have a blast. I didn't try but who knows. I thought this would be an easy ticket to score.
    There are a lot of tix left for Westbury.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    There are a lot of tix left for Westbury.
    Same for Boston.

I just checked and was able to put 8 GA tickets in my cart no problem.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Grabbed a pair for Detroit. Looks like they changed the venue. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Sick show last night in Boston. 

Animals was amazing. 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

Animals was amazing. 

Glad you dug it.

We went to a show where there was maybe 1000 people?  What a great show.  People that were Floyd fans and saw them said this was amazing.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited June 2023

Animals was amazing. 

Glad you dug it.

We went to a show where there was maybe 1000 people?  What a great show.  People that were Floyd fans and saw them said this was amazing.
    It really was. I'm a casual Floyd fan, and this show inspired me to get familiar with Animals in advance, and I'm glad I did. I see why some people call it their favorite PF album, it's pretty amazing, as was the performance of it last night. 

MGM Grand Fenway is also quite the venue, the sound was fantastic. Between That & Roadrunner, we have two awesome new venues in Boston, which is nice considering how much ass the House of Blues sucks. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

Animals was amazing. 

Glad you dug it.

It really was. I'm a casual Floyd fan, and this show inspired me to get familiar with Animals in advance, and I'm glad I did. I see why some people call it their favorite PF album, it's pretty amazing, as was the performance of it last night. 

MGM Grand Fenway is also quite the venue, the sound was fantastic. Between That & Roadrunner, we have two awesome new venues in Boston, which is nice considering how much ass the House of Blues sucks. 
    I was wrong.  2800 people can fit.  Still doesn't seem like a lot.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    One week until the show in Redmond! So pumped 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Saw them in Detroit a few weeks ago. Easily one of the most entertaining performances I've seen and I was super impressed with caliber of musicianship.

They totally nailed Animals and all of the other tunes were killer!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    One week until the show in Redmond! So pumped 
    Happy for you!!  In for a treat. (I missed out on these shows.) My friend saw them by lake tahoe with fishbone. Loved it. I just like seeing all those froggy posters. 
  • Options
    Back off Turkey. Les is releasing the Prawn Song Years in a vinyl boxset at Club Bastardo.  Best wax release of the year. 

• Options