I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm getting a bit confused by the Stones box sets here.  Are these vinyl LPs or where they meant for the "I just picked up ________ on CD" thread?
    My understanding is that they’re Vinyl LPs @brianlux

I have seen them advertised in record stores here in Australia. 

But this may not be it…over $1,000 here in Oz. 

Oooh weee!  I'll bet their great, but too rich for my blood!
    The conversation earlier was about the mono box set,  up until 71 (Let It Bleed). The stones switched labels that year so there is a split in the box. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm getting a bit confused by the Stones box sets here.  Are these vinyl LPs or where they meant for the "I just picked up ________ on CD" thread?

Oooh weee!  I'll bet they’re great, but too rich for my blood!
    Generally vinyl is very expensive here as nearly all is imported from overseas unless it OG or second hand. I can’t imagine it would that expensive in the US. But you’d think still expensive enough. 
    Looking at Discogs, the lowest I'm seeing is around $700 US which is about $46 per LP. Yeah, too high for me.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Generally vinyl is very expensive here as nearly all is imported from overseas unless it OG or second hand. I can’t imagine it would that expensive in the US. But you’d think still expensive enough. 
    Looking at Discogs, the lowest I'm seeing is around $700 US which is about $46 per LP. Yeah, too high for me.

https://shop.abkco.com/products/the-rolling-stones-in-mono-limited-color-edition

$375 and still in stock.  Probably won't be for too much longer?
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

https://shop.abkco.com/products/the-rolling-stones-in-mono-limited-color-edition

$375 and still in stock.  Probably won't be for too much longer?

I was looking at the '71 to 2016 collection.  The box set of earlier LPs you linked looks WAY more tempting except that I have a lot of those already.  But if I didn't, it would be a big temptation!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    This is the same box that came out in 2016 but repressed on colored vinyl now. I guess it's a good deal if you wanted to pick them all up in one go.
  • FR181798 said:
    This is the same box that came out in 2016 but repressed on colored vinyl now. I guess it's a good deal if you wanted to pick them all up in one go.
    They cleaned these up better this time around too.  Plus I didn't have any so it was a win win for me.

• Anyone ever used this to repair a jacket? Works like a damn

Anyone ever used this to repair a jacket? Works like a damn

Nice!  I've made my own but had to use glue (or padding cement) which is a hassle.  These appear to be self-adhesive = sweet!

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:

It drives me nuts that Pigs in Zen is omitted from the vinyl. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

Same here! That record deserves a proper audiophile type re-issue!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

That’s why you have to own XXX. That live version is killer

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    mickeyrat said:

Nice haul! :clap:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

What is the XXX?
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874

That is smart of them to market something like that. Now, I'm trying to think of what records I have with split seams.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2

That is smart of them to market something like that. Now, I'm trying to think of what records I have with split seams.
    I do my best to avoid this by always storing the record between the sleeve and the outer poly.  Usually I open a sleeve once to remove the record and it's never in there again.  

Seems like a cool fix though.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2023
    mrussel1 said:

I do my best to avoid this by always storing the record between the sleeve and the outer poly.  Usually I open a sleeve once to remove the record and it's never in there again.  

Seems like a cool fix though.
    I peruse the used bins and you can find records that have split seams like this and get them at a discounted rate. Fix the split seam and it’s gone from a Poor sleeve rating to VG or VG+.  I showed it with a white inner sleeve where it’s more noticeable, on a brown cardboard sleeve it’s negligible.  As an example, I found that Sausage record for below median because the record had the following issues:
    a) warped
    b) sleeve damage. 

Seameazy fixed the sleeve, vinyl flat repaired the warp. I’ve got a VG+ record and sleeve. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DC29940 said:

What is the XXX?
    1987 self-titled live album on TripleX records. The fans dubbed it the XXX record. Just an amazing record, one of my favourite live albums:
    The live version of Jane Says, 1%, Trip Away, PiZ.. just awesome. 

They also cover Velvet Underground and the Stones. I had “I Would For You” as my alarm song for about five years. 

Be good if these come in different colours, I've seen home made versions of this. For me a split seam is the sleeve damage that I hate the most. Especially hate when you get a brand new record in the mail and its got an inch split across the top.
  • FR181798 said:

Be good if these come in different colours, I've seen home made versions of this. For me a split seam is the sleeve damage that I hate the most. Especially hate when you get a brand new record in the mail and it’s got an inch split across the top.
    You can’t see the colour on the outside. Honestly worth the $1 and change each one costs after shipping 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    I just preordered Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Live at Wembly. It comes out in March. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I just preordered the 10-LP version of Fragments. Bob Dylan's Time Out of Mind Bootleg series. A new Remix of the album, Several alternate takes of Bob and Lanois' original arrangements as well as a version of the record with live versions of each track.  Plus some cut tracks.  Maybe my number 1 Dylan Album, maybe my number 3.  Depends on the day.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    I just preordered the 10-LP version of Fragments. Bob Dylan's Time Out of Mind Bootleg series. A new Remix of the album, Several alternate takes of Bob and Lanois' original arrangements as well as a version of the record with live versions of each track.  Plus some cut tracks.  Maybe my number 1 Dylan Album, maybe my number 3.  Depends on the day.
    Nice. Its a great record. I would love this but it was really pricey. I've got the German Rolling Stone magazine coming with the cover mounted Dylan 7". 
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited January 2023

1971 UK first pressing.

Q

1973 UK OG repress (uses same metal work as first press). 
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • pjpjpaul said:

1971 UK first pressing.

Q

NICE records!!!
    pjpjpaul said:

1971 UK first pressing.

Q

Did you find that local?
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    He has a 'connection'  ;)