Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    its beginning to look alot like Christmas..... Today's 6 miler. Up before sunrise tomorrow for 2h15m of running and hill reps... I think I'll try to be in this area for sunrise ☺️
    go that sunrise! 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    beano.79 said:
    go that sunrise! 
    Beautiful!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    My running track, this week in VT.  Managed to avoid the dreadmill, as well as any injuries.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • My running track, this week in VT.  Managed to avoid the dreadmill, as well as any injuries.

Nice. Running in regular shoes or trail shoes?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    My running track, this week in VT.  Managed to avoid the dreadmill, as well as any injuries.

Nice. Running in regular shoes or trail shoes?
    I used a pair of cold weather shoes....not regular tread but less than trail tread.  
    Gore-tex treated to keep the feet warmer.  (Was about 20 degrees F this AM, so not too cold)

That really beautiful. Must have been a spectacular run. 
    It was....one morning I ran laps around the school but it was too slippery the next time, went to the track.
    Running in the snow is fun.  Scared to injure myself but it is fun...
    Back home tonight so will be out in normal turf again tomorrow 
  • My running track, this week in VT.  Managed to avoid the dreadmill, as well as any injuries.

Nice. I did the treadmill 2 days last week when it was super cold (high of 5F), but hate it so much. I actually start to feel sick when I get off the treadmill.  

• Happy New Year fellow joggers!

What are everyone's running goals this year?
    Happy New Year!  My goal is to continue what I have been doing. I am happy to just stick with it. I don’t really run competitively so as long as I keep at it and continue to keep my heart rate in the low-mid 50s, I am good. But I love hearing everyone’s race stores. Keep them coming. 
    Happy new year!

I have 4 races planned for the year. A nice flat off road 30 miler, a 35 miler in the Welsh mountains with 12,000ft of climb. Both in the spring. A 24 hour (hopefully 100miles) race in the summer and a Christmas themed marathon at the end of the year.

I'm hoping I haven't taken on too much and my goal is to just complete them. Busy but exciting running year!

Another goal is to continue coming here for inspiration.. it comes from everyone on this thread and it's great to read all about your love of running, keep it up all 👌
  • beano.79 said:
    Happy new year!

I have 4 races planned for the year. A nice flat off road 30 miler, a 35 miler in the Welsh mountains with 12,000ft of climb. Both in the spring. A 24 hour (hopefully 100miles) race in the summer and a Christmas themed marathon at the end of the year.

I'm hoping I haven't taken on too much and my goal is to just complete them. Busy but exciting running year!

Another goal is to continue coming here for inspiration.. it comes from everyone on this thread and it's great to read all about your love of running, keep it up all 👌
    A 24 hour race, that's insane, yet I could could see trying one in a few years. 

I have a half marathon in April. Plan on my first marathon in November. I'll probably add 1 or 2 more races somewhere. 

If I stay healthy all year, I hope to hit 2,000 miles running. I got to 1,400 this year with pretty much 3 months with no running. 
    beano.79 said:
    Happy new year!

I have a half marathon in April. Plan on my first marathon in November. I'll probably add 1 or 2 more races somewhere. 

If I stay healthy all year, I hope to hit 2,000 miles running. I got to 1,400 this year with pretty much 3 months with no running. 
    That's awesome! I've never hit 2000 miles in a year, great goal
    beano.79 said:
    Happy new year!

Wow. 1400 miles is great. I did half of that this year - around 700 miles. Good luck with the marathon. Is it the NYC marathon?

• GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Happy new year!

Wow. 1400 miles is great. I did half of that this year - around 700 miles. Good luck with the marathon. Is it the NYC marathon?

No, it's the Louisville marathon, same day as the NYC one. May travel for a marathon next year if all goes well this year.
    Slow10k this morning.  Felt good....Included 100 push ups spread out and a bathroom stop, so even thought I was about 12 mins off race target I felt like it was a good workout.
    Need to pick a race for this month....in addition to a push up challenge I started this month, I added in a step up training, utilizing a nice step I got.  
    Aiming to get stronger, all around, and hope that will see speed pick up when combined with training.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Slow10k this morning.  Felt good....Included 100 push ups spread out and a bathroom stop, so even thought I was about 12 mins off race target I felt like it was a good workout.
    Need to pick a race for this month....in addition to a push up challenge I started this month, I added in a step up training, utilizing a nice step I got.  
    Aiming to get stronger, all around, and hope that will see speed pick up when combined with training.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Excellent work! With the push-ups as well. I am about to head out for a run myself. Nice enough weather today. 
    Yeah it was in 30s when I started and 40s when I finished.  Was sweating with the layers I had on and it felt good.
    Enjoy your run!
    Yeah it was in 30s when I started and 40s when I finished.  Was sweating with the layers I had on and it felt good.
    Enjoy your run!
    Thanks. I did. 
    15 miles on the muddy trails today, 2000ft of climb, I need to get this higher but I don't have much locally to work with! 
    That sounds like fun
    How is everyone doing. I feel like I reached a bit of a new level in my fitness. For the last week or so my resting heart rate has been 53-55. It has usually been 55-58. My last few runs have also felt easier, even though they were the same as before. Hopefully, that means I am improving. I will just keep at it. Hope everyone else is doing well with their goals.
    Good job!

Trying my first run in two weeks tomorrow morning.  Hoping to have no calf issues...I've not felt anything wonky since Wednesday that I can recall so hoping I'm good to go easy tomorrow. 
    Good job!

Trying my first run in two weeks tomorrow morning.  Hoping to have no calf issues...I've not felt anything wonky since Wednesday that I can recall so hoping I'm good to go easy tomorrow. 
    Good luck. I hope the calf is ok. Definitely start out easy. 
    Thanks.  2 miles, never picked up the pace.  I could feel it most if the time, but I think that is only due to my focusing on how it felt.  
    Will see how I feel today/tonight/tomorrow.
    It was tough not to try to go longer or faster but I'd like to limit downtime to 2 weeks.  :)

Have a great day!
    Thanks.  2 miles, never picked up the pace.  I could feel it most if the time, but I think that is only due to my focusing on how it felt.  
    Will see how I feel today/tonight/tomorrow.
    It was tough not to try to go longer or faster but I'd like to limit downtime to 2 weeks.  :)

Have a great day!
    That is a great start. Hopefully, you won’t feel any soreness later. I know it is hard to limit, but you will be back where you were soon enough. 
  • Started my training block for my next HM today. Weather sucks right now, but I hate running on the treadmill, so I'll keep running outside. 

@F Me - hope the calf continues to get better. It's hard to not push it, I have a bad habit of ignoring things, but I'm trying to be better about it 
    Hi guys! 

Its been really cold here again, my long run on Sunday of 3.5 hours was at -6°c but thankfully it was a clear, calm day so it ended up quite enjoyable.

@GlowGirl that's great to hear I hope you continue to feel those gains!

@Fmeindabrain nothing worse than a forced break from running, but never too far from getting back to it.

@NewfieintheUSA great stuff, what goals have you set for the race?
    Started my training block for my next HM today. Weather sucks right now, but I hate running on the treadmill, so I'll keep running outside. 

@F Me - hope the calf continues to get better. It's hard to not push it, I have a bad habit of ignoring things, but I'm trying to be better about it 
    Good luck with the training. I have been using the treadmill at the gym lately. Not my favorite, but I will wait until it gets a bit warmer before I go outside again.