Mike Patton Appreciation Thread!!!

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    dankind said:
    Ordered pee tape yellow this morning. 
    I'll be passing on Dead Cross II... DC was fun live, but the music doesn't do much for me. 

I am happy to hear Bungle is going to tour again, I hope they play the States. Raging Wrath isn't my favorite either, but I would LOVE to see that played live. 

I'm holding out hope Tomahawk does some shows, but it doesn't sound like we can expect much of anything for stateside shows from Patton until 2023 at best.

More than anything, it was nice to hear from the guy... I was afraid his voice was going or he was dealing with some other career ending circumstance. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    So glad just to hear from him. I was worried about him 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    edited July 2022
    Fashiz^ still a bit worried but it's super admirable he's open and getting help. 
    Love to all you f..kers
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    I never heard dead cross and I think black flag's record in article should be 'damaged' idk of a bf record called rise above. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Loujoe said:
    I never heard dead cross and I think black flag's record in article should be 'damaged' idk of a bf record called rise above. 
    It should be called Henry Punching Glass album...
    Is that him. I thought that was a random angry dude who hates glass. I remember cranking that tape on my boom box after cops kicked us out of a park. I am a wannabe badass!
    New US Bungle dates announced yesterday. Ipecac is bringing back their Geek Show, and MB & The Melvins are on the bill. 

Nothing east of CO or Utah announced, but Ipecac did tease two more announcements w/ yesterday’s… the second TBA @ noon today, and the last at noon next Monday. 

Probably some Dead Cross dates coming too… I would kill for a Tomahawk tour announcement over anything really. Would love to see Bungle again, but I definitely enjoy Tomahawk’s stuff more than TRWOTEB. 
    New US Bungle dates announced yesterday. Ipecac is bringing back their Geek Show, and MB & The Melvins are on the bill. 

Nothing east of CO or Utah announced, but Ipecac did tease two more announcements w/ yesterday’s… the second TBA @ noon today, and the last at noon next Monday. 

Probably some Dead Cross dates coming too… I would kill for a Tomahawk tour announcement over anything really. Would love to see Bungle again, but I definitely enjoy Tomahawk’s stuff more than TRWOTEB. 
    Agreed! Let’s hope for a northeast show 
  • TRWOTEB?
    Well, today’s announcement was nothing Patton related. Fully expect a Dead Cross announcement next week. 

Oh well. Happy to see Patton scheduling some shows more than anything else. 
    Well, today’s announcement was nothing Patton related. Fully expect a Dead Cross announcement next week. 

Oh well. Happy to see Patton scheduling some shows more than anything else. 
    Yea I was quite worried about him the last year. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nice find, can't wait to watch.

I saw them two days prior in Providence. That was a hell of a show. 
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea dude I can’t imagine!!! That channel
    has been uploading some gems recently. There’s another FNM from 95 and a Beastie boys show from 95 also 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea dude I can’t imagine!!! That channel
    has been uploading some gems recently. There’s another FNM from 95 and a Beastie boys show from 95 also 
    Damn, another show from my era... I saw them in Boston right around that '95 date as well. 

There's so much great stuff out there... I found the audio on youtube from the first Bungle show I saw in November of '95. It was a trip going back and hearing it again. 
    Looks like Ipecac is going to be re-releasing the Tomahawk albums on vinyl. I think the pre-order is live now. Doesn’t do much for me, I already have the catalog on vinyl, but cool for those looking. 

While on the subject, I hope Bungle can get w/ WB and do some re-issues of their 3 studio albums. 
    Please give us tomahawk dates now. Thanks. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Please re-issue Angel Dust, from FNM!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    ^Never heard that yet. I have to dive deeper into their stuff.
    I only listened to first record and last one. 
    So much music, so much time wasted on led zep
  • Loujoe said:
    ^Never heard that yet. I have to dive deeper into their stuff.
    I only listened to first record and last one. 
    So much music, so much time wasted on led zep
    Who, Tomahawk?

Odd Fellows has some good stuff on it for sure. Southpaw f'ing shreds. 

MIT Gas is a must have. Saw them in '13 on the Odd Fellows tour and had forgotten how heavy the MIT Gas material is... the crowd went apeshit during Bird Song & Mayday. 

I never heard When The Stars Begin to Fall live though... that's my Tomahawk White Whale. 
    Just have 1 song ep from THawk. Stone letter got from a trip to easy street. 
    FNM. Need to hear more of them. Most likely know some other songs. 
  • Loujoe said:
    Oh man... FNM's catalog is so diverse.  

Angel Dust and King for a Day are two of my all time favorite albums by anyone ever. 

Tomahawk is a little less accessible, but still IMO the most listener friendly from Patton's Ipecac catalog. (It's a relative scale, mind you). 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Loujoe said:

Angel Dust and King for a Day are two of my all time favorite albums by anyone ever. 

Tomahawk is a little less accessible, but still IMO the most listener friendly from Patton's Ipecac catalog. (It's a relative scale, mind you)
    Loujoe said:

Tomahawk is a little less accessible, but still IMO the most listener friendly from Patton's Ipecac catalog. (It's a relative scale, mind you). 
    First Tomahawk album is perfection!!  I was fortunate enough to catch them on this tour.  At the time i thought this album is what FNM would sound like if Mike had total artistic controll.
    First Tomahawk album is perfection!!  I was fortunate enough to catch them on this tour.  At the time i thought this album is what FNM would sound like if Mike had total artistic controll.
  • mr bungle said:
    I don't disagree. 

You going to the Geek Show? You're in the PNW, no? 
    mr bungle said:
    I don't disagree. 

Yes sir. Showbox, Seattle.  Havent seen Mr Bungle since '99
  • mr bungle said:
    mr bungle said:
    I don't disagree. 

Yes sir. Showbox, Seattle.  Havent seen Mr Bungle since '99
    Awesome. I’m jealous. I think it was 2000 for me. 

Enjoy! 
    That's some crazy stuff^^