The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Rahm has two wins and it’s January…JT do it last when he went back to back in Hawaii?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Safe bet Rahm will disappear the rest of the years (Meaning wins).   Nobody dominates anymore for longer than 6 weeks.
    edited January 2023
    Yeah, I don’t think he’s gonna disappear. He’s probably not gonna continue a 4 out of 5 tournament win pace (lol) but hard not to see him being a force all season
    Will see.  It is tough to win out there, and it seems like every year someone wins a few and the media jumps all over it and then they don't win for a long time.  JT is perfect example.    But 4 out of 5 is damn good for Rahm.  
    So Homa is the real deal.  Needs to start contending on majors but awesome stuff. Not sure how anyone can’t be a fan of the guy.
    Homa is cool.  Was fun to watch the last 9.
    Good stuff this weekend.  Need Rory and Rahm to play a tournament together.  Would have watched Dubai if not for the time zone issues.  Good vs. evil and good won out.  

Did get a kick out of Mickelson’s comment about golf channel showing a tourney from the Middle East.  Man, what a fall that guy had.  I hope all the cash was worth it.  
  • So glad to see reeds smug face get wiped. On ya go rory
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Anyone in a One and Done again? Hoping I can make it longer than 5 weeks before forgetting to make my picks this year.

Got Mr. Tom Hoge for Pebble....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Yeah it's a tough one this week with such a weak field.  I went with Keith Mitchell this week.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Really feeling old with Faldo retired from CBS. I remember watching him stroll down shinnicock fairways in 1995 like it was yesterday.
    Anyone in a One and Done again? Hoping I can make it longer than 5 weeks before forgetting to make my picks this year.

Got Mr. Tom Hoge for Pebble....

Every year. Mav mcnealy so that worked out great and I’m out of the last missed cut $1k
    Really feeling old with Faldo retired from CBS. I remember watching him stroll down shinnicock fairways in 1995 like it was yesterday.
    Yeah but he's only 66. Could have done that job another 5-10 years if he wanted to.

Hubie Brown is still doing games and he's approaching triple digits!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    No, Lerxst is just an old chunk of coal.
    Well I joined the hole in 1 club over the weekend down in West Palm Beach.  4th hole at Madison Green.  136 yards.  Absolutely insane....still can't believe it happened.

• Awesome.  What a buzz
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Well done!  Any idea when the West Palm Golf Park renovation project will re-open?  I've been hearing a lot about it.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    Congrats!

Gotta be the orange ball. I need to make a change. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    That's awesome.  Couple questions

If you make a hole in one but you play with an orange ball, did you really hit a hole in one?  Kidding! That's awesome man. Congrats

Also, what was the bar tab?
    LOL.  Of course it had to be an orange ball.  But I do play an orange ball pretty regularly so it was pretty fitting.

Bar tab wasn't too bad.  It rained a lot that morning before we teed off so the course wasn't too crowded.  And the pro shop was closed up by the time we got in so I didn't get a flag or anything.  May have to call them and see if they can ship me one since I'll obviously be creating an obnoxious display for the wall in my basement.  
    ddeschler said:
    Well done!  Any idea when the West Palm Golf Park renovation project will re-open?  I've been hearing a lot about it.
    Was just down there golfing for the weekend...sadly not a local.  But I did just look into that West Palm golf park and it sounds great.  Will definitely be a spot to hit on our trip down there next year.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    That's awesome man!  Closest I've been is a few inches.  A couple of times my shot looked REALLY good...got up to the green all excited, and no ball was there.  Check the cup...nope.  It's off the back and in the sand.  hahaha
  • A few years ago Nick Taylor stared down Mickelson and won at Pebble Beach. Then he disappeared, dropped out of the top 200 world golf rankings. Now he is staring down Scheffler and Rahm at WM.  He is an enigma.

Having said that…finish it off Nick! 🇨🇦
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    seems like good time for a “fuck tiger.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited February 2023
    It is interesting that they talk about growing the game and getting more eyes on the PGA Tour.    The answer is so incredibly simple and they are too stubborn to do it.  The investment to grow ad revenues 30% in one year is a few thousand dollars.  What is it?   It is called a golf cart.  And they should give it to Tiger Woods.  

Tiger probably knows he makes little money from the PGA Tour and will clean up on the TGL Circuit.  He already wins the top PIP money anyway.
    I think Tiger would refuse the cart.

Has anyone seen the Netflix show yet? Hoping to start it tonight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah Tiger has said repeatedly that he won't use a cart in competition.  Maybe he will when he's eligible for the senior tour?

Watched the first 2 episodes of Full Swing last night.  It's pretty good I guess.  I'm really into the whole golf scene already so feel like I'm not going to learn much from it but still entertaining.  
    edited February 2023
    I have really low expectations of Full Swing.   Seeing Ian Poulter throw something in the locker room isn't great tv.  These are golfers that had privileged beginnings and have a team around them making sure they don't screw up their swings and their images.   VH1 Behind the Music would be a lot more interesting I bet.

I have no interest in anything Brooks Koepka and his wife have to say.  

I know Tiger said he wouldn't do it.  I include Tiger in the stubborn group as he and Rory are pseudo VPs of the PGA Tour.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Has anyone seen the Netflix show yet? Hoping to start it tonight...
    I've only watched the first half of the first episode so far. Not really that into it, but I'll keep watching here and there. It's a little contrived. For example, Justin Thomas and Jordan Speith had a phone conversation at one point where the cameras are on Jordan at the course as he calls, and on Justin at home as he answers. I'm anticipating a lot of stuff like that. But it seems like it could be a good behind the scenes look at pro golf, and I'll be interested in the Tour vs. LIV stuff. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I played @ Bethpage yesterday, was beautiful day in NYC....me & the boss cut out early to jump on....packed as usual ( no one works anymore)....windy as hell, paid for twilight, got all 18 in.....Yellow coarse

Our Top Golf league playoffs are tonight......been playing in a league last 2 years, its actually helped my game