Fishing Thread

13»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ocean fishing is the best.  (As long as I have something to hold off the barfing.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My all time favorite fish to target was stripers. Biggest ever was right around 41 pounds on a snag and drop maybe 100 yards offshore from where pj played in asbury park. 
    I also loved fishing for fluke, sea bass, weakfish and flounder (cold!).   Blue fish are fun but become annoying after awhile. 
    On a typical day you could lose count on the number of sand sharks, sea robins and skate you caught.  
    I never venture far enough off shore to target tuna or sailfish.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    That's cool. Awesome catch. I was once right off by seaside pier with my bro. Jetstar right there. There were bunker fins surfacing as far as I could see. Did the old snag and drop. No takers, but what a cool thing to see and do. Sure there were some stuffed stripers right below us. Love a good fish story almost as much as being there.
    Tried for walleye in the Delaware from the shore for a good 4 hours. Was about to leave. Rainy icy cold. Another dude shows up so I kept fishing. Watching what he was doing. We were fishing similarly. He was across the tributary so I couldn't ask if he was after the same fish.
    New to this so just putting in my time. The river will give up what she wants when she wants.
    I also read somewhere that God doesn't count time fishing against your time on earth. Some sh.t like that. 

Fish on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What part of the Delaware do you fish? I spent a lot of time fishing up and down from Dingman's Ferry and around the Gap.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^^Pm'd. Protecting my spot ;)