Let’s see those pedals?

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Just ordered a Morningstar ML10X loop switcher ...

It does 5 stereo loops or 10 mono loops.  Loops can be run in parallel.  The software looks easy to use and setup.  I'm not sure if I can use existing gear to control it or if it makes sense to get a dedicated controller from Morningstar.  I figure I will see if I can use with my existing gear first.  I have so much crap musical gear, something must work.

So no more rearranging my pedalboard and cables after this is setup.  That alone makes it worth $400.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Looking forward to trying this one out.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

These are my 3 newest pedals. Excited to get them this week. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Nice haul! 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    pjpjpaul said:

These are my 3 newest pedals. Excited to get them this week. 
    vry cool! nice that you were able to get that jhs boost. people on social media are ready to cut each other over that pedal lol.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    is that unobtanium the one that is a klon on the right side and something else on the left?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Looks like Klon and Dumble style od
    DewieCox said:
    Looks like Klon and Dumble style od
    yeah i think you are right. i knew it was something like that.

Yeah unobtanium is a klon and a dumble and the imperium is a tubescreamer and a dumble. Lots of dumbleness this holiday season. 

2 of the 3 came today.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    edited July 2023
    anybody got a browne audio protein? i seriously have the itch for one of these, though i have more drive pedals than i need. the thought of a bluesbreaker style pedal with a nobles odr pedal is intriguing. the demos with both sides on sound glorious.

the guy i play with has one and he says it sounds better with a princeton or cleaner amp than with his marshalls, so may have to put it on my matchless board or something. all i need to do now is decide on a color....

i went with the olive drab. and now, we wait... haha

Got the protein and it fucking rips. Right side is an improved odr1 and the left is an improved bluesbreaker. Both sides kill my odr1 and my morning glory, so those are coming off of the board. I think it sounds better through my princeton with a strat or tele or my lp special with p90s. Did not sound as good with humbuckers and did not sound great with my vintage Marshalls. Probably my favorite combo was my 76 firebird neck pickup into the protein into my matchless Clubman. I love the bluesbreaker side and when both sides are on. I dont love the odr1 side but i may with some additional knob tweaking. Its a great pedal. I highly recommend it.

Got the protein and it fucking rips. Right side is an improved odr1 and the left is an improved bluesbreaker. Both sides kill my odr1 and my morning glory, so those are coming off of the board. I think it sounds better through my princeton with a strat or tele or my lp special with p90s. Did not sound as good with humbuckers and did not sound great with my vintage Marshalls. Probably my favorite combo was my 76 firebird neck pickup into the protein into my matchless Clubman. I love the bluesbreaker side and when both sides are on. I dont love the odr1 side but i may with some additional knob tweaking. Its a great pedal. I highly recommend it.

Cool man! Glad you like it. I had one on loan from a buddy a while back. It wasn't a real good fit for me but I mostly use humbuckers and Marshall-style amps. 

Not quite the right tool for the job I needed. I can definitely see how its character favors Fender amps and single coils, though. 

I love the look of that LP Special!
    dudeman said:

Cool man! Glad you like it. I had one on loan from a buddy a while back. It wasn't a real good fit for me but I mostly use humbuckers and Marshall-style amps. 

Not quite the right tool for the job I needed. I can definitely see how its character favors Fender amps and single coils, though. 

I love the look of that LP Special!
    i have talked to quite a few people that have said what you said, more geared towards a fender style/cleaner amp. whereas the king of tone seems to play better with marshalls and not as well with fender style amps. i don't want to wait 5 years for a kot and do not want to pay $900 for it to get one right now, so i was thinking maybe getting a prince of tone and a duke of tone. you can get close to a kot with high gain red side by doing that, so i have been told by various youtubers lol..

like you, i am mainly a marshall and humbucker player, but since i got my princeton i have been playing that more at home. that said, i was able to get some decent sounds from the protein and the marshall together, but mainly from that lp special and my tele and strat. it wasn't as good with the marshall and humbuckers. but i was able to get even better tones out of the protein with the matchless no matter what kind of guitar i used.  i was thinking about getting the zvex 59 sound to make the princeton sound like a 59 bassman and then using this protein as an additional gain stage and then trying to find something to get me in the king of tone ballpark for the marshalls.

thanks man, that special has quickly become one of my favorites. the neck on it is amazing, and the p90s are just so sweet sounding. 

Going to try a wet/dry/wet setup. Just got the 2x12 cab for the jtm45. It's loaded with celestion greenbacks, effectively making the amp a Bluesbreaker. That will serve as the dry amp with the Mesa and Matchless serving as the wet amps. I still need to figure out exactly how to route everything through the es-8 and to the amps. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I just packed up all of my pedals for our move last night. Ugh. May be several weeks until I see them again.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited July 2023
    mfc2006 said:
    I just packed up all of my pedals for our move last night. Ugh. May be several weeks until I see them again.
    I moved in March and haven’t played electric since.  Crashing with family while I get to know the area and look for a house.  Living out of a suitcase basically.  Playing acoustic a lot though!

good luck with the move.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    I moved in March and haven’t played electric since.  Crashing with family while I get to know the area and look for a house.  Living out of a suitcase basically.  Playing acoustic a lot though!

good luck with the move.
    Thank you! Thankfully, it looks like we've found a house, but it may not close until mid-September. 

I'll be keeping the acoustic & uke with me, though. It'll be good to step away from the electric for a bit, but I'll miss getting loud. Best of luck to you in finding a house!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Going to try wet dry wet for the first time but need some help with some setup questions

My pedals are running through a Boss ES8 Midi/Loop Switcher in the following order-

From the guitar into-

1. Boss tuner
    2. Xotic Wah
    These two effects are sent the the guitar input of a Boss ES 8 Midi Switcher

The following effects occupy individual loops in the ES8 Switcher
    3. J. Mascis Ram's Head Big Muff Fuzz (loop 1)
    4. Origin Effects Cali 76 Stacked Compressor (loop 2)
    5. Electro Harmonix Micro Pog (loop 3)
    6. Xotic EP Booster (loop 4)

The following effects are grouped together in the ES8

Overdrives

7. Crazy Tube Circuits Unobtanium (Loop 5)
    8. Cornerstone Audio Imperium (Loop 5)

Distortion

9. Marshall Shredmaster (Loop6)
    10.Boss DS1 (Loop 6)

The signal is then split via the volume loop of the ES 8 occupied by a Gigrig Humdinger

11. Gigrig Humdinger (Volume Loop of ES8) Dry signal with all previously mentioned effects goes to Matchless DC30 Amp. The Wet signal with the two remaining effects in loops 7 and 8 will be sent to the effects loop of a Mesa California tweed.

12. Eventide H90 (using mainly for delays, reverbs, and modulations) (Loop 7)

13. Quad Cortex (Loop 8)

Would I just use an ABY pedal to split the signal for loops 7 and 8 so it goes to both wet amps or is there a different way to do this? 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    My current bass setup: 

I’m a big EQD fan (obvi) & was thinking of adding a fuzz… maybe a Hoof or Hizumitas, but the board’s pretty full up as it is… it might also be redundant what w/ the DS1, WW & Plumes. 
    My current bass setup: 

I’m a big EQD fan (obvi) & was thinking of adding a fuzz… maybe a Hoof or Hizumitas, but the board’s pretty full up as it is… it might also be redundant what w/ the DS1, WW & Plumes. 

Cool board! Have you ever tried the SansAmp later in the chain, after you OD and distortion?
    edited July 2023
    dudeman said:
    My current bass setup: 

Cool board! Have you ever tried the SansAmp later in the chain, after you OD and distortion?
    Thanks, 

I haven't, but maybe I should. I love that Sansamp, It's always on when I'm playing. 
    dudeman said:
    My current bass setup: 

Thanks, 

I haven't, but maybe I should. I love that Sansamp, It's always on when I'm playing. 
    Yeah man, those things are great. They did a great job making them react to slamming the front end like a tube amp reacts.

I use mine all the time too and I use a lot of effects with bass. Big Muffs, Rats and any manner of boosters take the SansAmp to a whole new level. 
  • My immediate love of the Funny Little Boxes "1991" pedal inspired me to make a pedalboard to match with some stickers of my favorite 1991 things!

edited September 2023
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:
    My current bass setup: 

Thanks, 

Yeah man, those things are great. They did a great job making them react to slamming the front end like a tube amp reacts.

I use mine all the time too and I use a lot of effects with bass. Big Muffs, Rats and any manner of boosters take the SansAmp to a whole new level. 
    Took your advice and put the Sansamp last... good call, it sounds fantastic. 

I've also added a fuzz pedal since posting this... it's a game changer, I love it. 
  • Theebs said:
    My immediate love of the Funny Little Boxes "1991" pedal inspired me to make a pedalboard to match with some stickers of my favorite 1991 things!

That board is almost as cool as that pedal named Private Beaver. 
  • Theebs said:
    My immediate love of the Funny Little Boxes "1991" pedal inspired me to make a pedalboard to match with some stickers of my favorite 1991 things!

HA Thanks!  

Soundlad Liverpool makes great pedals.  Its a great fuzz!
  • Theebs said:
    Theebs said:

HA Thanks!  

Soundlad Liverpool makes great pedals.  Its a great fuzz!
    Of course Private Beaver is a fuzz pedal.  :D

I'm addicted to Earthquaker Devices out of Akron... I got their Hoof fuzz pedal in July and it's turned out to be a game changer. 
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:
    My current bass setup: 

Thanks, 

Took your advice and put the Sansamp last... good call, it sounds fantastic. 

I've also added a fuzz pedal since posting this... it's a game changer, I love it. 
    Nice! Glad it worked out!
    finally found one of these bad boys out in the wild at a local shop. it has the high gain red side, made in 2021. i love it!!